What's your Myers-Briggs?

by Londo111 111 Replies latest jw friends

• watersprout
    watersprout

ISFP

Peace

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Londo 111, I can totally relate to your feelings about field service. My parents fortunately rarely dragged me out in the ministry as a child, but after I got married, (thanks to his upbringing) my spouse was the type that went out every Saturday, no questions asked. I felt so depressed, and dreaded the weekends. It would really bother me when a householder yelled at us or treated us badly. I felt sorry for my husband who is also shy and was treated poorly at the doors. I wished that we had an alternate service too, where we could really help people, like work at the food bank, or volunteer.

In my area, people were very pleasant if there was a child at the door, they would take the magazines from them and be friendly. I know sometimes people can be rude even to children, which is sad. When I was 4, we went to a wealthy neighborhood on service and the woman threatened me and my Dad off her property with a gun! I couldn't understand why we were so bad that she would say something like that.

Are INFPs more sensitive to noise than others? I'm also a Type 4 on the Enneagram. I remember sometimes I would feel anxious at the convention because of the swarms of people and noise. I just wanted to get outside away from it all. Being a Witness and having social anxiety or just being shy certainly was not a fun way to grow up. At least we're out now!

• Londo111
    Londo111

I cannot speak for INFPs, of course, but I thrive in relative quiet and can function only in moderate level of sound. Anything more takes up my mental bandwidth and I cannot think. In my ideal environment, I can be on par with other people, and I no longer feel subhuman. Unfortunately, especially for males, modern culture is not kind to INFPs. The ideal model of masculinity often seems to be a loud yokel yelling booyah, and skydiving from a plane while guzzling a beer.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Hmm... doesnt seem like there are too many INTP's here...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The ideal model of masculinity often seems to be a loud yokel yelling booyah, and skydiving from a plane while guzzling a beer.

The best relationships I've had are with INFP and ENFP men. I think you guys are intelligent and have highly developed sense of humor and are usually thoughtful, romantic and passionate. You don't like to argue, you INFP's. That is a huge plus. Every INFP guy I know stands out in very good, subtle ways.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Hmm... doesnt seem like there are too many INTP's here...

One thing to factor in, is that certain personality types don't like these types of tests and wouldn't bother checking it out. I'm not sure if INTP is one or not.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I used to get stomach-aches before FS as a child. Sometimes they got me out of going and once my dad was out the door, my stomach-aches 'miraculously' subsided. But then the guilt feelings used to kick in. Like Nice_Dream, I dreaded the weekends (specifically Sundays in my case).

As a young adult, I had spells of regular-auxilliary pioneering (60 hours p/month then). I really disliked it, but it was what you were supposed to do. The stress of getting in a quota, and often missing it because your partner for the day let you down and you had no transport to the territory, or the weather was atrocious on the very day you had to be out on first-call all day (your nice RVs were done already or not in), or you had a stinker of a cold and could hardly get out of bed or you were just so damned tired, or a combination of all of them at once.

I'd get real knotted up at times when somebody answered the door (relief at NHs). Practically all FS activity would leave me physically drained. I'd last about a year or so reg. aux-ing, and then get so nervously exhausted I'd be ill. It dawned on me that I really wasn't cut out for this pioneering caper (although I didn't properly understand why at the time) and never did it again ... except for one month a couple years later which I also intensely disliked. Never after that.

As you will have guessed, I'm a very expressed introvert - 86 or 89% I think the test came out as.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

I'm married to an INTP. That type is pretty rare, around 1% of the population.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I went on a date with a pretty INTP...alas, she hurt my feelings and it took a few months to recover. Maybe it was due to my emotional naivety.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I went on a date with a pretty INTP...alas, she hurt my feelings and it took a few months to recover. Maybe it was due to my emotional naivety.

Try an INFP or an ENFP.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit