What's your Myers-Briggs?

by Londo111 111 Replies latest jw friends

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

My JW friend tested ISFJ. By the descripution below, can anyone approximate what percentage of the JW community might be ISFJs as well?

(From http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISFJ_per.html)

In such cases, an ISFJ may show some or all of the following weaknesses in varying degrees:

To answer the question, I'm an ENFP.

• Justitia Themis
  • Londo111
    Londo111

My father is ISFJ. They value "tradition", sometimes no matter how wrong the tradtion is.

• tec
    tec

ISFJ

I have consistently been an ISFJ the last few times I have taken this test.

Descriptions:

http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/isfj/

Peace,

tammy

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Initially I came up INTP, years ago, but latterly more ENTP.

Perfect! We're Myers Briggs twins!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

This is interesting to see what my fellow posters are as rated by Myers-Briggs.

So many Introverts.

We all collectively were supposed to go to meetings, service, do personal study and make comments., oh and give talks.

For all of you Introverts, I am so happy to think what a relief it is for you, that you, are not forced to do any of those things anymore.

I am an ENFP. I have been a publisher since I was 7. I though it was fun going d2d. I especially loved giving impromptu talks, when the student failed to show and it was a subject I enjoyed. I was not so keen to comment. Where's the fun in giving a comment that is right there in front of everyone's eyes? If I commented, it was to help the conductor move along, because nobody wanted to comment and the meetings really dragged. It was fun when we could comment out of the Aid book. Some people comment all the time like a classroom show off. That really bugged me.

I think as an ENFP person, most of the decades I wasn't paying that much attention to the same old - same old boring stuff, spewed from the platform. I looked at the sisters in front of me and designed pretty earrings, in my head or on paper, that would look nice with the clothes they were wearing. Or look at the back of their head and want to get a comb out and fix their hair. Or note a brother giving a talk and what a becoming tie and shirt he was wearing. Or doodle out some art work. Or plan a party and figure out who to invite. Design the invitations and draw out the flower arrangements. Draw out a fancy menu. Or plan a vacation. ALL of those things I haven't done in a while, lol, because I am fading. lol

Just Lois

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

ISTJ

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Wow, I am surprised at how many INFPs there are, including me. I have studied the Meyers Briggs a bit, I think it is a fairly rare type, only 4% of the population, if I remember correctly. I wonder if we are either more drawn to the religion due to our type, or more likely to leave because we don't fit in, maybe both? I remember when I first became aware of MB typing, I started to wonder if I didn't fit in at the KH because of my type. It struck me that the ideal JW was an ESTJ. Extroverted, so they enjoy field service and meetings (or don't hate it as much) Sensors, so they don't question anything, they like rules and knowing they are following them. Thinkers, so they are not swayed by the emotions of people being destroyed at the big A or having to shun family, and Judgers, like a strong sense of right and wrong. Not only people, but organizations can be typed, and the dubs certainly display certain characteristics as an organization.

The INFP is idealistic, which is probably why I was drawn to the religion, but that same personality type probably made it much more difficult to abide by their rules. By the end I could hardly force myself to sit through the meetings, it was painful. I wondered why religion should be so hard and why God would make it so difficult for some. I finally realized he didn't, it was an organization by men.

INFP - I Never Find Perfection

• talesin
    talesin

M-B is one of those 'institutions' that is old, dated, and full of crap.

imnsho

tal

• talesin
    talesin

It's an old test, based on Freudian ideals, that we accept too readily.

I can take any of the types, and apply them to myself. It's *old* science, that is only recognized because it's been around for a long time. That's just *my* take on it, and it's based on personal experience. I've had two employers reject my application, after the 2nd and 3rd interviews, because I didn't *pass* the B-M test. What???????????????

I call bull ****

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit