What's your Myers-Briggs?

by Londo111 111 Replies latest jw friends

• finally awake
    finally awake

ESPF, although I'm not sure how accurate it is. I don't *feel* like I'm all that extroverted, I spend days on end by myself quite comfortably. I also don't think I'm particularly perceptive. The personality tests I took in college recommended a career as a diplomat or public relations. I can't think of anything I would enjoy any less. I graduated with a degree in accounting, and I really enjoy the bookkeeping process. I even enjoy filling out tax returns. The orderliness of it all makes me happy, and I enjoy the debates with my coworkers on the finer points of tax law.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Myers-Briggs is not a perfect model in all cases, but like anything I feel the paradigm

works pretty well, and is pretty darn useful. A person answers questions and they get put into one of sixteen buckets. I guess as an INFP, I don't demand the Only True Personality Test that cannot be questioned, but ones that act as a mirror, positing interesting possibilities. Maybe I like my diamonds in the rough.

For work, I took a Personalysis class, another personality paradigm. My instinctive, socialized, and rational were all dominant Blue. I noticed that other people in my class had different dominant colors in their pyramid, but I seemed to be the only person who was consistently one color. I've never learned what the means--whether it was good or bad or both or neither.

I was hoping it meant I was genuine through and through and that what people saw on the outside was pretty much what I was on the inside. But somebody else speculated that perhaps it means I've never grown or developed--could it be that I was never allowed to grow?

Steve Hassan mentions that people have a real identity and then an identity imposed upon them by the group, that once people leave, they revert to their real identity. I do worry sometimes that after 39 years, there is no real me but the imposed identity. Other than meetings, field service and being shunned, my lifestyle and behavior is pretty much what it was before. Only my outlook is different. For someone who claims to relish the possibilities, I guess it mostly stays in the theoretical.

BTW-- I am floored by how many INTJs there are on JWN.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I can't believe all the I's. No wonder you poor guys hated preaching.

I'm ENFP - good for teachers and salespeople I am sad to admit.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

When I am feeling pretty happy, I test ENFP. When I am feeling withdrawn, I test INFP. I believe I am mildy extroverted ENFP.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

I've always consistently tested INFP, though I've spent a few years trying to develop more logical/rational thinking rather than relying on knee-jerk feeling quite as much.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm not quiet enough to be a true INFP. ENFP's talk more and thus we put our feet in our mouths more.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Another INFP here. Service was torture! I loved rural territory and RVs.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I tested as an ESFP But I can assure you that for the most part I hated FS too. WHY? I think because I knew the message and the group I represented were unliked. I don't like going where I'm not wanted, I think extroverts may need approval even more than introverts. Introverts IMHO, are more self-contained. E's NEED attention and approval. Hard to get approval in FS.!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I can't believe all the I's. No wonder you poor guys hated preaching.

People with the I-type personalities are more likely to take personality tests, because the analytical elements tend to bore extroverts, particularly kinaesthetic extroverts.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

the introvert or extrovert for the first letter has to do with what gives you more energy, being with fewer people and solitude. Or are you more energized by bigger groups and social situations? I am kind of in the middle. I am not a strong extrovert. But I am outgoing. I can be shy and withdrawn, depending on the situation and who I am with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit