I feel ethically compromised by Rick Fearon being allowed to continue posting here

by sabastious 80 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Is that what everybody mean by "spam?"

Spam generally means blatantly advertising another (particularly your own) website, especially for commercial or monetary gain.

Fearon does this in virtually every post, certainly in every thread he starts. His website is full of solicitations for contributions.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Ah, thx JW. Goes to show I rarely open his threads or site. I had a differnt idea of spam in my head. Thanks again.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Considering that I"ve never read the thing I can't say.

Ta. ;)

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Considering that I"ve never read the thing I can't say.

Six screens, or the First Amendment?

• shamus100
    shamus100

The first ammendment, your charter of rights? Yeah, I haven't read it, no more than the Euro-zone's charter of rights.

Why would I unless I worked for a NGO?

• sizemik
  • undercover
    undercover

Since JWs tend to attract an unusually high percentage of unstable, or just plain kooky people, odds are that some of those that leave and eventually come here are going to continue to be unstable and/or kooky. Add to that the damage endured during the tenure of being a JW and well, it's a wonder all of us aren't posting from a round rubber room.

So - every now and then, there are going to be some contributors to the site that may be embarrassing to us personally. We would like to think that through logic and reason we can defend our new freedoms and hopefully help JW friends and family to join us. But along comes a kook and we worry that their sensationalism will hurt our personal campaign.

Just as you avoid the crazy lady who talks to herself while pushing an empty grocery cart around the parking lot while you pump gas, you have to avoid the ovbiously mentally disturbed here. That means not posting on their threads. It may mean not even reading them. If you see a certain person's name as the originator of a thread and you know they're nuts, then why bother reading it?

Until they break a posting guideline, they can post what they want. Doesn't mean we have to read it or respond to it though. Ignore em and maybe they'll pout and go home.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I think its just because Rick Feron is seen as more of Hate monger who uses over sensationalized tactics to draw attention to his own

web site. This is the thing that puts people off , ex-jws, jws or never been a jws inclusively.

Likewise if you were to compare Dogpatch or JWfacts in the way he draws a link to his web site, its done with the intension

to support a particular topical thread someone has started, people appreciate that and have little opposition.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Well said Undercover

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Just as you avoid the crazy lady who talks to herself while pushing an empty grocery cart around the parking lot while you pump gas, you have to avoid the ovbiously mentally disturbed here.

This is why I buy my gas at Shell, not Walmart or Sam's Club.

But you are right. Insanity may well be inherited.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit