I feel ethically compromised by Rick Fearon being allowed to continue posting here

by sabastious 80 Replies latest jw friends

• red21
    red21

I know I am realatively new to this board but I have been on others for a long time and after 40 years as a Witness, I tend to be very tolerent of what others believe or even try to sell in light of the strick life I led before. I take what ANYONE says on a board with a grain of salt and don't necessarily believe what they say...so why not treat Rick the same way. I have enjoyed his story and show myself. As one person said, it is sort of like the tabloids but for me, it is another form of coming to grips with leaving JWs and dealing with all the feelings and emotions I have. Rick's show is just another stop for some in the process. I still enjoy listening to Bible based discussions or even off the wall discussions....then I can choose what to believe. I don't see any reason to ban him or anyone else myself. I have seen some pretty off the wall topics here, so why isn't there room for Rick? Is everyone here as intolerant as the KH they came from????? Just my opinion.

• curiouscynic
    curiouscynic

I find it hilarious how interested many of you are in disfellowshipping someone who doesn't conform to your narrow ideology. How perfectly JW of you!

I have absolutely no clue who Rick Fearon is... I've seen a few of you reference "Six Screens" but I've never been interested enough to look it up.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

CuriousCynic,

The same people who appreciate their own First Amendment rights are the same ones wanting to take away another's. Makes one think, doesn't it???

• shamus100
    shamus100

Why do Americans think that their first ammendment rights have anything to do on a website based out of Canada catering to people from all over the world?

I mean really, the whole world doesn't revolve around you! Believe it or not.

I think that it's been made very clear that he isn't going anywhere and just because I don't like what he posts I don't want him gone either. Stop spamming the damned website, okay, but don't ban him. It's already been adressed... ;) If anyone should be banned it should be me spamming this place with endless monkey crap.

Kiss the monkey! ;D

• JRK
    JRK

Rick makes my ass twitch. Even though I find him thoroughly irritating, I don't think he should be banned. I do wish he would just go away on his own, but we will not see it happen.

JK

• Dagney
    Dagney

LOL, good point monkey!

• james_woods
    james_woods

No, the First Amendment does not apply to this - not even if the website was in the U.S.

But ---

Are you saying that you don't like the First Amendment freedom of speech rights, monkey?

• JeffT
    JeffT

I don't really have a dog in this fight. I don't think anybody else does either. It's between Rick and Simon. In my opinion, Rick Fearon is the P T Barnum of the xjw world. Simon, God bless him, seems to be man enough not to get his shorts in a knot over the ant screaming for attention.

I think that a toleration of a diversity of opinions and styles is the best way to show that we are not WTBS version 2.

If you don't like Rick, don't click on his threads. If you want conformity to your ideas you can always start your own religion and kick out anybody that doesn't meet your standards.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Maybe I'm missing something, (admitedly...probably), but how is Rick spamming the site? He posts a few sensational thread titles which you know are pretty much BS if you have any current dealings with anybody inside the org. Is that what everybody mean by "spam?"

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I find it hilarious how interested many of you are in disfellowshipping someone who doesn't conform to your narrow ideology. How perfectly JW of you!. . . . curiouscynic
    I have absolutely no clue who Rick Fearon is... . . . curiouscynic

I find it hilarious how interested you are in commenting about something you admit in the next breath you know nothing about . . . and even use a JWism to express it. How perfectly JW of you!

Terry's post said it perfectly (as usual) and it only cost us 02 cents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit