Any actual Witnesses here?

by trthskr 236 Replies latest jw friends

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"They have become frustrated trying to reach pig-headed and obstinate people and have just given up because you all will just never get it. It isn't in you. You can't understand logic and common sense. I don't blame them for leaving. You all should stick to your facebook pages and your gaming sites where you fit in."

Trthskr - You are engaging in behavior that is typical of a cult member. You refuse to answer questions posed to you by the members of this board and instead seek to change topics while engaging in an ad hominem attack. Here is the definition of an ad hominem attack.

"Ad hominem is Latin for "to the man" and refers to attacking the arguer and not the argument. Ad hominem attack is to use a person's reputation is to invalidate his argument, for example, saying that a person's statement is not worth considering because they are homosexual. Related to this is the phrase to "shoot the messenger". When a claim is made, such as that gravity exists, it is no more or less correct a statement depending on whether the claim is made by scientist or a student, a Muslim or a Christian. "

This type of response is given by a person who is backed into a corner and cannot answer questions honestly because he knows that his answers will not be favorable to his own argument. Instead of honestly answering the questions posed to you, you have elected to attack the character and intelligence of those who posted questions while also generalizing the behavior of those that frequent this site.

I know you are very reserved about reading material that is not approved by the society. As such I would highly suggest you check out the June 22, 2000 Awake magazine and its articles regarding propaganda. Here are two things that your religion's magazine says to watch out for:

"Another very successful tactic of propaganda is generalization. Generalizations tend to obscure important facts about the real issues in question, and they are frequently used to demean entire groups of people."

"Some people insult those who disagree with them by questioning character or motives instead of focusing on the facts."

Unfortunately you have been trained to engage in the same behavior that your magazine classifies as "tactics of propaganda". You have sadly learned these tactics from the leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses themselves. If the leaders of the organization fail to recognize when they themselves engage in propaganda techniques.....sadly....it is not shocking to see the followers follow the same path.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Maybe getting a PM from..."it" ...could be a BAD thing LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMo_HcRBnUY

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Lil truthseeker has gone on lurk mode. I got another pm from it about 4 hours ago. What a freaking lowlife wimp.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Josie ;))

There's a bunch of 'em in lurk mode

and there's not much the WTS can do 'bout it

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You got that right Was.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Sooooo.... onto something that really matters....

I'm afraid that I've had some bad news from the doctor. I HAVE RABIES! Anyone who has had any lacerations from me seek medical attention at once.

My first shots were today.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thank god I've never let you bite my face off, whew!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Are you responding to the PM's, MrsJones or just ignoring them and it keeps PMing you?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh I'm responding of course. This person is funny and sad at the same time. I didn't initiate contact nor did I invite this person to pm me but since he/she/it did I'm willing to roll with.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I did not get one.

To me it seems strange that he should select out poopsiecakes for insulting. Maybe it's the way your looking at us that made poster nervous....

I have never seen poster poopsicakes to be insulting, she should not be insulted. That's my opinion, for what it's worth. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit