Any actual Witnesses here?

by trthskr 236 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

And really the most stupid part of all is that the OP was "any actual witnesses here" ..... Several, including myself, have admitted that we are "actual witnesses". Now that the OP has this knowledge.......? Whats the point...? Why are we feeding this idiot who asked a bunch of admitted dubbie and ex dubbies if they were dibbies and then left.... Really, laughimg at rick feron is at least funny. This is plain stupid

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I am not a Witness. have never been baptized. I just read their literature and no one even comes close to what they have

I have actually read a novel about stonehenge my friend, and i even have a fridge magnet of it...i guess by your standards of self education i must be an expert in ancient stone construction and meanings.

Stick around i say! You will find many here who were babtised when they joined, or like myself had left but was still an apologist for them. I would suggest before you get off to a real bad start that you spend some real time reading and studying the flip side of the coin... then do some posting.

Oz

• cedars
    cedars

4 pages later....

Trthskr, please can you humour me and give me the answers to my 3 questions??

Here they are again for your convenience...

1. YOU BEING ON THIS SITE (even though you know it is frequented by so-called "apostates") - The July 15th 2011 Watchtower study article said (on page 16, paragraph 7) "What is involved in avoiding false teachers? We do not receive them into our homes or greet them. We also refuse to read their literature, watch TV programs that feature them, examine their Web sites,or add our comments to their blogs." Since you are so zealous in venerating the Governing Body, why have you chosen to disobey this direct counsel? Are there any other elements of counsel found in the publications that you feel equally inclined to disobey? And if so, why?
    2. THE GOVERNING BODY - According to Witness doctrine, Jesus selected the bible students in 1919 to be his "Faithful and Discreet Slave". It is the Slave Class who are therefore responsible for feeding the "domestics". The Governing Body did not exist in 1919, and can only trace their roots as far back as 1944. Also, they claim to be "representatives" of the Slave Class - even though they do not communicate with them, or even know how many anointed there are on the Earth. The term "representative" implies that the Governing Body were chosen to serve in their role, but if so, who chose them - and where is the evidence? From where does the Governing Body receive its scriptural mandate to administer affairs on behalf of the Slave Class? Where in the bible does it say that the Slave Class will require a Governing Body to represent it? Do you have ONE scripture that supports the authority of the Governing Body in the role that they have chosen for themselves? This may prove challenging for you, since the term "Governing Body" does not appear once in the bible, as I'm sure you're aware.
    3. INCREASING LIGHT - Please can you show me ONE scripture that shows how God's Holy Spirit has (or would) deliberately feed false information to his servants as a "makeweight" until truthful information is revealed at a later stage?

Cedars

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    7 million of Jehovah's Witnesses- including many non-Witnesses*- are a part of the Great Crowd who will survive Armageddon.

I bet you can't find a single recent Watchtower article, or book, that agrees with that statement, so if you have one, please quote it.

Thanks

Chris

I just did.

No you didn't.

You stated that such a claim was made in Revelation: Its Grand Climax at Hand!

You didn't quote it, or even give the page # where this could be found or even identify whether, or not, you were quoting the old or new edition (which contains many changes).

Note too, that I asked for "recent" There have been so many changes on doctrine since Rev Climax came out that they gave us a printout of changes before the last time they studied it. It doesn't even support the overlapping generation doctrine that is a required belief for current JWs should you decide to join them.

• Azazel
    Azazel

trthskr hello to the forum and goodbye. but why speak when a picture just says so much more!

Az

• Azazel
    Azazel

Wheres my flaming PM trthskr? surely ive pissed you off too?

Az

PS trhskr you dont happen to be curiouscynic in disguise????

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    7 million of Jehovah's Witnesses- including many non-Witnesses*- are a part of the Great Crowd who will survive Armageddon.

Maybe I should give you some background as to why I am so sceptical.

Born in the early fifties to JW parents, I was always taught that you had to be a JW to survive Armageddon. My parents moved to a country where there were no JWs so that they could save the inhabitants from certain death when Armageddon arrived.

If the population of this country had never heard of Jehovah and Armageddon, you would think that Jehovah would let them off the hook on the basis of ignorance, but I have never seen any WT article in the last 60 years that takes that view.

If the WT taught that ignorance was an excuse, then my parents could have saved the entire population of the whole country from certain death at Armageddon by the simple act of not going there to preach their message.

Individual JWs might try to give you the impression that they teach that not every non-JW will get killed at Armageddon and I know that Google will find you statements made by JWs doing damage control that are designed to give that appearance and you might even find the odd article in brochures and mags designed for window dressing that don't spell it out like they really teach it, but I don't believe that you will find an official article that clearly supports your statement anywhere.

Cheers

Chris

• sizemik
    sizemik

A troll in trolls clothing . . . or an idiot in trolls clothing.

I would have loved the privilege of having the research tools you have available today 30 years ago.

If you want to join this cult without researching it thoroughly . . . go for it . . . you deserve each other.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    PS trhskr you dont happen to be curiouscynic in disguise???? . . . Aza

Fair enough question that . . . especially with his PM campaign thrown in. CC was right into that. Most newbies need instructions on how to operate the PM system . . . and this guy presents a fairly entrenched and schooled stance on JW scandals . . . not your normal "interested one"

There seems to be some pent-up anger looking for a release . . . which would fit with that other idiot as well.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I spent have much time reading on this excellent site, archived threads, and all of so-called Trthskr's points have been demolished so many times on here that I am amazed that you guys have the patience and compassion to try to correct the false arguments yet again, well done !

Those new to the site, of an honest heart, will see who is speaking the truth.

Yet again a Troll has kept our attention for many pages !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit