Any actual Witnesses here?

by trthskr 236 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sorry Trthskr - not sure of what that video was suspose highlight to us. I studied that book at the meetings at least 5 times. I was an elder when we had to change the original 1988 book to "new light" because the interpretation were either proved false ore just "outdated".

Tell me the point you are trying to make and I will answer it.

Do you really believe that many of the prophecies in Revelation pertain to the Watch Tower Society?

• elderelite
    elderelite

Trthskr, not only am i a jehovahs witness, i am currently an elder. How does that affect the discussion at hand...? And i wonder..... If the noone has anything like this, in your humble view,

Why ARNT you a baptized jehvahs witness....? Why waste your time here...? You should be spreading your faith in the door to door ministry as the organization directs, and you have a public talk and watchtower study to prepare for today as well. Little time to throw pearls before swine here.

I hope we learn to stop feeding these trolls as a board

• cofty
    cofty

no one even comes close to what they have

Oh I don't know, the catholics have pedophiles, rank hypocrisy, wierd doctrines, a leader who must not be questioned and a history of compromise with the third reich.

The catholics have better pomp and ceremony though.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I am surprised that someone that just reads their litterature is so versed in the controversy and nuances of thier current and historical embarassments that have never been printed in their magazines.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I once read an article about sheep and goats written by a farmer. I wished I had saved it. The farmer woman observed the behavior of the sheep and the goats in her care and came up with this. Goats seem to need other goats to be happy. Sheep only need the shepherd. So then, gathering similarly thinking people together in a religious setting is more goat-like than sheep-like. There is only one shepherd. Do you know who it is? It is NOT a GROUP of shepherds. Obviously (sorry).

Then picture what other things goats are famous for.

They eat anything.

They tread on the high places. Do sheep do that?

OK, there might be some mountain climbing sheep, but usually we imagine goats on the rocks. I do, anyway.

What does it mean? Followers of the Christ won't tread the mountain without him. Goats do though.

• trthskr
    trthskr

It was foretold: The gathering of the true (spiritual) Israel will not come until the Apostasy comes first. We are now seeing that worldwide preaching work proclaiming Jehovah's Kingdom. 7 million of Jehovah's Witnesses- including many non-Witnesses*- are a part of the Great Crowd who will survive Armageddon.

* Source- Revelation: Its Grand Climax at Hand!

• cofty
    cofty

any day now, just round the corner...

Bullshit "non-witnesses" are you incapable of reading or are you lying?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

7 million of Jehovah's Witnesses- including many non-Witnesses *- are a part of the Great Crowd who will survive Armageddon.

That's what they like to tell people...so why do they bother knocking on doors? Oh yeah!

Soon, those who do not obey the good news will undergo judicial punishment. The way people react to our preaching will be a basis for judgment. - March 2012 WT pg. 11 par. 8

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I am not a Witness. have never been baptized. I just read their literature and no one even comes close to what they have.

Oh lot's of groups come close to what they have. Check out the Mormons and Scientology! As a matter of fact, we have an ex-mormon on the board. The similarities are crazy.

Oh wait---is it because you think they have answered all of your questions? Well not really. They have embedded THEIR carefully crafted questions in your brain and then proceeded to answer them. Like this: Who ELSE stays politically neutral? Only JW's. Who ELSE goes door-to-door? Only JW's.

Yeah? so what. It's just a silly mind control technique and it's incredibly easy. Watch, I'll show you.

Who ELSE rips families apart with inflexible shunning policies? Who ELSE expects children to shut out their parents, grandparents to shut out their grandchildren all at a simple word from three men who made the decision in secrecy? Who ELSE is willing to do that, without any question, without even asking why?

Who ELSE forces people to live secret lives and pretend to be believers, like our dear ElderElite, so that all that they love aren't ripped away from them? WHO ELSE?

Don't let yourself be manipulated into believing you've asked questions (which you didn't) and they miraculously provided the answers. And get over yourself. You don't need the answer to every important question under the sun anyway. It's not possible and to suggest it is is just arrogant and overreaching.

NC

• N.drew
    N.drew

It is them (the 7 million) that have defected.

Who does this? 2 Thessalonians 2:4 " who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God." Salvation belongs to "Jehovah". But who does it belong to from your point of view? The Governing Body?

Middle voice from huper and airo ; to raise oneself over, i.e. (figuratively) to become haughty -- exalt self, be exalted above measure. Middle voice from huper and airo ; to raise oneself over, i.e. (figuratively) to become haughty -- exalt self, be exalted above measure.

Who should we listen to?

God is a spirit and those who worship God must do so in spirit and in truth.

But the religion you venerate is saying they are the truth. Is that not exalting themselves?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit