Evil Spirits

by LizLA 294 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

Only ACTUAL truth will make it through that day of Satan and demon end into abyss.
    You may have a very prized object or "heirloom" that was used in something of great evil in the past, or acted upon from the age of the greater witches/sorcerer in some culture, that is still affecting you, and destruction of the object and total removal is recommended, and don't ever hang on to anything and have an attachment to it for some charm, or other power, that is a direct entry for these spirits.

Odd use of the word "truth" there! Free your mind from mumbo jumbo its liberating.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Questions: Why don't spirits ever do anything useful, practical, or logical? And since all they ever seem to do is bother people in ridiculous and mundane ways, why insist on calling them things like intelligent and evil? They don't seem particularly bright or wicked to me, just stupid and annoying.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Two lines from completing a post about how I fear demons to this day despite complete disbelief in a rational sense, the Post a Reply part, abruptly jumped away and returned me to the first post. All my thoughts disappeared. Oooh, spooks. Run for your life.

Jesus is supposed to be an absolute defense. The mere name of Jesus is supposed to be a complete defense. Why give them the critters attention? As the Stones write in Sympathy for the Devil, I am a man of taste and fame,......Satan must be very attractive to humans to seduce us. Satan would be a handsome rock star involved with politics before creepy spooks. Jesus' name is sufficient to halt all activity.

Spooks only exist in our mind. Isn't it curious how spookerdos only bother people who believe in them. Vodoo, Santiera, etc. work in the same manner.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Isn't it curious how spookerdos only bother people who believe in them.

Indeed.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

^ As far as I can tell, evil spirits are just as dependent on human faith as good spirits. If you lack belief, both groups get offended and ignore you.

Also, if my sources are correct - specifically Elf, starring Will Ferrell - Santa's flying sleigh operates on Christmas spirit. That's right, even Santa depends on human faith.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I cannot believe that this topic, started by a spammer, is still alive.

• harekrishna
    harekrishna
    EntirelyPossible said: There are no demons, there is no spirit world, there is no god, there is no satan, no demons are bothering you. Realize that these things aren't real and go get help.

Hmmmmm, I'm always curious meeting exJW's who are atheist. Not trying to put you down, but I always wonder how you can reach that conclusion that there is no God/Creator.

• harekrishna
    harekrishna
    Isn't it curious how spookerdos only bother people who believe in them.

That's no true. "Spookerdos" as you call them can cause mental illness and all kinds of problems for people. You'll rarely see the Exorcist type special effects with a possessed person. There's a whole world of things out there that you can't see.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I always wonder how you can reach that conclusion that there is no God/Creator.

Because there is no evidence on one and lots against.

• harekrishna
    harekrishna
    I always wonder how you can reach that conclusion that there is no God/Creator.
    Because there is no evidence on one and lots against.

I guess this should be a separate thread, 'do you still believe in God after leaving the JW movement'.

I became an atheist after leaving the JW's (the only religion I knew). It took a great man like Swami Srila Prabhupada and his Bhagavad-Gita, As It Is to make me believe in a creator. He gives a bunch of evidence for a God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit