The Watchtower is NOT a false prophet

by The Quiet One 179 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The Watchtower God promised to bring about a safe and secure new system before those who witnessed the events of 1914 passed away.

Jehovah's Witnesses think they can make God a liar and still maintain that they are not false prophets.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Watchtower... conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled; to conceal the Truth, which it calls Light, from them and draw them away from it.

The most startling discovery as to how they conceal the true meaning from their fellow publishers is the fact that the 'Elect' publishers are intentionally lying to their fellow publishers.

Oh sorry that should read 'masons'.

• waton
    waton

and it is not just about predictions. prophets might maintain to speak for god ! period!, or expound about current realities.

during the 1920 ies, 30, 40 50, wt removed The Father and Son from their supreme position, and classed them only as the superior authorities, whos' identity through context and by "false religions" was identified as the governments and agents, from the dog catcher to the likes of Hitler.

that is one for the records, false spokesmen, "let god be true". not. --- so,

let the past be the past, yeah, but

in reality, the future course is calculated , determined by past positions, and it is the future that counts. scary prospects for wt and it's followers. feel sorry for them.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The old "I didn't say God said it" excuse.
    Why let a false prophet define what a false prophet is. (I know that, technically, you are trying to let the Bible define it, but you are using Watchtower lies to narrowly fit into the Bible's terms.)

Wiki definition for "False Prophet"
    In religion, a false prophet is a person who falsely claims the gift of prophecy or divine inspiration, or to speak for God, or who makes such claims for evil ends.

Watchtower wants to have the cake and eat it too with their bogus "spirit-directed" instead of "inspired" crap.
    "Spirit directed" basically means to them, "We speak for God and are always right, but in case we change our minds or are wrong, we are not infallible prophets. We are prophets when we tell you things, but not prophets when it blows up in our faces."

This is just cult stuff. They speak for God. If you want to separate the GB from the corporation altogether, they still claim it is God's Organization. (I know they say "Spirit-directed organization" but that's just the same crap.)

As pointed out in this old thread, many a times have they said they are God's mouthpiece or words exactly to that effect.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Oh yes it is

A false prophet that made true money.

Did they sanctify Jehovah's name ?

I dont think so !

The leaders of the WTS should have adhered to Jesus's words when he said no one knows of the time not even he, but then again the WTS wouldn't have sold so much literature .

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Isn't Russell directing the WT from heaven, as stated in one of the old WT publications from the early part of the Rutherford era? Ha ha.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

OTWO nails it ! They want it both ways, one minute they are prophets and god's channel and so speak for god, the next they are not !

The thing is, it is not something you can have both ways, you either are, or you are not.

Let us just take their disclaimers as being true, they are "not inspired". That means they are not "Spirit Directed" in any real sense , only by what they claim, that they examine the Scriptures and their actions and ideas are directed by what is in the Bible.

That is no different to what any individual Christian, or group of Christians, can do.

If they have no " Hot Line to Heaven", why should anyone pay more attention to them than to anybody ?

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Like the WT did in a WT article in the 1970s where they said JW are in some sense of a "prophet" to my shock I noticed yesterday that they are saying that again, though with more careful wording! I noticed such in the 2006 WT publication (the most recently copyrighted WT book I have obtained) called Live With Jehovah's Day In Mind. Notice what it says on pages 165-167. [By the way I obtained that book in the year 2006, I think, but I didn't start reading it (other than to browse it) until a few days ago. Back in 2006 I was not attending any JW meetings other than the memorial and perhaps some assemblies and conventions.] Page 166 says 'As we noted in Chapter 1 of this book, the words "prophet' and "prophetic" have a variety of meanings. Although you may not be a prophet in the sense that Amos or the other ancient prophets were, you can still speak out about the future.' [Notice the wishy washy language of "Although you may not be ..." when they could have correctly simply said (at least in regards to JWs) "Although you not ...".] The caption at the top of the page says 'From the early part of the 20th century down to our day, God's people have been "prophesying" '. Note that in the 1970s article they have the word 'prophet' in double quote marks while saying that JWs were a "prophet" and in the 2006 book they have the word 'prophesying' in double quote marks while saying that JWs (whom they refer to as God's people) have been "prophesying"! If JWs are prophesying then they are false prophets for much of what they are proclaiming is false. The WT is putting their JW followers into the category of being labeled as false prophets. Shame on the WT and its governing body for doing such.

On page 167 in reference to a prophecy in the book of Joel which says there would be a time when Jehovah's people (ancient Jews and/or Israelites) of every sort would prophecy, the WT dishonestly diminishes the meaning by saying "so to speak". The verses in Joel literally mean, in the full sense of the word "prophet", that the people would become prophets - with each of them literally receiving prophetic messages directly from Jehovah God by way of dreams and visions! The book of Joel did not simply mean in the sense of proclaiming messages found in the scriptures (as the WT implies on pages 166-167) but rather in the full sense of proclaiming messages that the people personally as individuals received directly from God (and thus literally as prophets)! Using the incorrect interpretation ("spin") on what the Bible says the WT on page 167 deceptively says the following.

'Now consider our time, Joel's prophecy has been undergoing its major fulfillment since early in the 20th century. Spirit-anointed Christians--male and female, old and young--began to "prophesy," that is, to declare "the magnificent things of God," including the good news of the kingdom, now established in the heavens.

Though not begotten by holy spirit to be sons of God, "a great crowd" of 'other sheep" are telling the anointed followers of Jesus Christ: "We will go with people, for we have heard that God is with you people." '

How can the WT's writers have a clean conscience when saying such deceptive and outright false things while also claiming to faithful Christians? This is evidence that the WT leadership and/or its writers are charalatans and playing JWs (and other readers of WT literature) as fools!

Notice also they have backtracked on who the "great crowd" are. In the late 1990s they correctly identified the great crowd (according to the Bible) as being a future group, specifically defined as those who have come out of the great tribulation. But in the 2006 publication they are saying that group already exists. They are repeating the mistake they made in the 1920s (or 1930s) up through the mid-1990s about the great crowd already existing. Everyone who was age 30 or older on January 1, 1930 are now dead and thus no one of them was ever part of a great crowd which came out of the great tribulation (nor who have any chance of coming out of the great tribulation) of the type mentioned in the book of Revelation!

Reading pages 165-167 of the above mentioned book irritates me and make even more want to officially resign from the JW religion (in writing) so I can repudiate the WT leadership and be on record for doing such and be on record for leaving their religion, except I refrain from doing so because I still wish to have social contact with my two surviving immediate JW family members.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

There is no difference between "spirit guided" oder "spirit directed" oder "inspired" - even not for the JWs.

They use both wordings for the bible writers.

*** g71 11/8 p. 28 The Role of God’s Spirit in Bible Writing ***

So, while human effort was definitely involved in Bible writing, the most important role was played by God’s spirit. It revealed information that could not have been acquired through human research. Additionally, God’s spirit guided men in such a way that accurate, beneficial material was recorded.

*** w03 7/1 p. 14 par. 20 “Look! This Is Our God” ***

20 Through his use of such imperfect humans, Jehovah provided just what we need—a record that is “inspired of God” yet retains the human element. (2 Timothy 3:16)

Let's review: It is a harmful CULT - who twists the minds of innocent people with confused explanations and demands absolute obedience in the end.

*** w96 4/15 p. 19 Why True Worship Receives God’s Blessing ***Bible translations themselves are not inspired by God.

• waton
    waton
    the mistake they made in the 1920s (or 1930s) up through the mid-1990s about the great crowd already existing.

DJ, wt falsely prophesied, in those days. that the Great Tribulation that started in 1914, stopped in 1918/19, and will start again at Armageddon., allowing the Great Crowd to come out during the hiatus.

wt is forced into more false prophecies, because of the old false prophecies,

50 people that were living in 1909 are still alive today btw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit