The Watchtower is NOT a false prophet

by The Quiet One 179 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

TQO: Would you kindly learn how to use your RETURN/ENTER key to create paragraphs? Thank you!

RETURN / ENTER KEY

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Quiet one said:

Here is a line of reasoning regarding the idea of overlapping groups being considered as a generation: "If you have a specific event, then the 'generation' of that event includes everyone who knows, spoke to or was alive at the same time as the eye-witnesses of that event. That could include people who were not yet born when the event occurred but were born 'into' the generation that witnessed it.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The Quiet one,

Just like Hananiah the prophet, the WTS cause people to

believe in a falsehood, they put it in print and distributed

these things world wide and changed it BEcause it wasn't

true

They said the ones to actually see the fullfillment sign in 1914

would be the ones to see the end, now they changed it to

people born while these folks were still livin' ( overlap )

Overlap the new word for, we lied, those alive in 1914

ain't gonna see squat

• wasblind
    wasblind

The bombing of pearl harbor happened durin' my mom's generation

but that does not make me part of her generation just cause she told

me about it

WTS New stance on generation is a big FAIL

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The Quiet One - "WT has never prophesied about the future in Gods name"

Wrong. The Watchtower claims everything thing it says in from Jehovah.

"...commission to speak as a "prophet" in His name...." Watchtower 1972 Mar. 15 p.189

" Jehovah God has made known to his anointed ones in advance what these scriptures mean." Watchtower 1931 Jun 1 p.160

"The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower. God feeds his own people , and surely God uses those who love and serve him according to his own will. Those who oppose The Watchtower are not capable of discerning the truth that God is giving to the children of his organization, and this is the very strongest proof that such opposers are not of God's organization." Watchtower 1931 Nov 1 p.327

" the truths I present, as God's mouthpiece ," Zion's Watch Tower 1906 Jul 15 pp.230

"No man can properly interpret prophecy, and the Lord sends his angels to transmit correct information to his people." Watchtower 1936 Feb 15 p.52

It specifically says its prediction of the end of WW2 was from Jehovah.

"In 1942 the "faithful and discreet slave" guided by Jehovah's unerring spirit made known that the democracies would win World War II and that there would be a United Nations organization set up." Watchtower 1960 Jul 15 p. 444

Regarding his prophecy that the dead would be raised in 1925, Rutherford said:

"... this chronology is not of man, but of God.... the addition of more proofs removes it entirely from the realm of chance into that of proven certainty.... the chronology of present truth [is]... not of human origin." Watch Tower 1922 July 1 p.217

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Outlaw, LisaBO, Leaving Wt, Outsmartthesystem ,Knowsnothing - The generation that saw 1914,
    taking into account the new understanding of an overlapping generation being a better interpretation, hasn't passed away yet.
    If you can't disprove that it is a possibility that generation could have meant people living contemperaneously, as in a school,
    you cannot prove that the WT is a false prophet by saying that the 'this generation will not pass away', as applied to 1914, prophecy has failed.....TQO

You are of 1 generation or,you are not..

My grandparents are not of my generation..

My parents are not of my generation..

My children are not of my generation..

My grandchildren will not be of my generation.

My great Grandchildren will not be of my generation..

The overlapping generation is one of the stupidist things the WBT$ has ever written..

It would take an equally stupid person to even consider it..

(I can`t believe I`m taking the time to even respond to something that Friggin Stupid)..

.............................;-)...OUTLAW

• bennyk
    bennyk

Okay, The Quiet One.

If I understand you correctly, you are claiming that although the Watch Tower Society has stated in millions of copies:
    1) that "those of the Jeremiah class have been sent by Jehovah to speak in his name" (w79 9/1 pp.29-30),
    2) that he has "put his words in their mouths" (w59 1/15 pp. 40-41 pars. 13-14),
    3) that they are the ones whom God has "actually used as his prophet" (w59 1/15 pp. 40-41),
    4) that "[a]ll the preaching and all the Bible educational work that they have done till now in 175 countries" has been done "by God's spirit" (w59 1/15 pp. 40-41), and
    5) that "Jehovah is the one behind all of it" (w64 6/15 p. 365 par. 22)--
    nevertheless, they are not to be viewed as false prophets despite the fact that nothing they have ever prophesied in His name has come true.

Perhaps it's even all right with you if they blame him for their false prophecies and erroneous doctrines: "Stirring up increasing interest in them, Jehovah caused to be preached from 1918 onward the startling public message 'Millions Now Living Will Never Die,' and in 1923 he provided the interpretation of 'the parable of the sheep and the goats' " (Watchtower, Nov. 15, 1955, p. 698 ยง 36)

The Society is not content with merely claiming that Almighty God has "put his words in their mouths"-- They're even willing to put words in His mouth:

"Jehovah's prophetic word through Jesus Christ is: 'This generation [of 1914] will by no means pass away until all things occur.' (Luke 21:32) And Jehovah, who is the source of inspired an unfailing prophecy, will bring about the fulfillment."
    --The Watchtower, May 15, 1984, pgs. 6-7 (Brackets in original).

Recycled old post (23.07.10)

• Azazel
    Azazel

i here make the claim The Quiet One is a troll.

Why? How?

all active JW just cant help themselves from talking s&%t. He/she said i wont reply after i have posted this thread. Cant help themselves but to reply.like they always gotta have the last word. Go back from whence you came The Quite One what have we to do with you?

Az

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

WASBLIND SAID: "Quiet One, the reason the WTS changed their stance on the generation is because they don't even believe the stuff they write" - I am glad that you, and others like you, have the ability to read peoples minds and to know their motivations.. It must make life a lot easier. JWFACTS - Please consider this.. Moses was a prophet. He represented Jehovah, but he made mistakes. Even so, when Korah and the people with him decided that Moses had no right to lead them, seeing as he was an imperfect man whose leadership could not have been without times when he made mistakes, (if Moses was perfect as a spirit directed ruler, or it was undeniable that he was appointed by God, why would hundreds of people be dumb enough to fight with God?) he seemed to be no better than anyone else.. Korah was destroyed for openly challenging the right of an imperfect man to rule over other imperfect people, even as a prophet of Jehovah. He judged Gods choice of leader, or seemingly didn't believe that Moses was appointed by God just because he didn't think that Moses alone, or possibly anyone, would be Gods favoured person to lead his people.. ('all the men are holy' and 'why should you lift yourself up' at least implies that he didn't view Moses as the clear choice of ruler that God would make). He was wrong, God had chosen an imperfect leader.. More importantly though, look at how David acted, and he was also an appointed leader of God. I won't patronise you by listing all of the serious sins he committed, including adultery and showing a total lack of faith in God by numbering the Israelites, both of which he should have known not to do.. As the WT should have known not to build peoples hopes up by unscripturally promoting a specific year that they thought was fitting for the world to end in, such as in 1975, although they did publish cautionary statements that it wasn't definite.. but they did say that it might happen alongside the general over-hyping of that specific year.. and the changing doctrines, lets be honest, most likely were not deliberately planned out as part of some evil scheme to benefit themselves, considering the trouble and losses such changes have caused.. But if you want to think that these mistakes that the WT has made are worse than all the terrible things that David did, be my guest. Remember that many people suffered, and even died for Davids various errors.. but God STILL used him as a leader. Any assumption that you make that the WT deliberately manipulates people to its own ends rather than simply makes mistakes, without evidence to PROVE that they manipulate people on purpose, is just that.. an assumption. David, as stated in the Bible, deliberately committed serious sins that hurt people, and that he knew would hurt people as he plotted them, as in the case of Bathsheba. A prediction, without the claim that something will definitely happen.. where the person even admits it might not happen, and that the person has not claimed that God will do this , is not a false prophecy. It was, IMO, at worst a costly mistake.. unless you can prove that it was some kind of deliberate ploy to lose members by the thousands and be labeled as a false prophet? And finally, a prophet does not have to be perfect in word or deed, as clearly shown by David, who was both a prophet of God and an appointed leader.. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_king_David_a_prophet

• jay88
    jay88

^ ^ ^

I really wanted to read this, but my brain can not function without indentation sprinkled in every so often.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit