The Watchtower is NOT a false prophet

by The Quiet One 179 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Any other questions you need help with The Quiet One??

• wasblind
    wasblind

That's a good one isaaustin :))

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Sooner7 - " I await the attacks on my character and intelligience for daring to present an opposing viewpoint with bated breath ", Oh I get it...you're one of those people who gets a raging hard-on from "persecution". Realnice. " -- "with bated breath: while nervously waiting. (as in) We watched with bated breath to see if the mother bear would bring her baby back to safety." - Here's what the phrase means, but you're free to add whatever meaning you want to it. I have had my intelligience and character insulted by some, so it turned out I was right. I won't be wasting any more time on this, I've said all I have to say and probably made a total mess of it. http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=with+bated+breath

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yeah, you have made a mess with your nonsense The Quiet One....don't let the door hit you on your way out.

• bobld
    bobld

See "Blood on the alter" by D.A. REED. "Index of WT Errors" by D.A. Reed.See wt 1880,1888 and many more.

Like I said don't argue with a mind control cult.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

The quiet one - 'i won't be wasting any more time on this' that's such a shame because it's a life and death matter according to JWs, I'd say it's anything but a waste of time talking about it.

I can understand why you are putting a side, not so much your own personal view, but the GBs view over, simply because what you have been taught, the fact of the matter is you don't have confidence in that teaching, even though you are arguing a case, it's a case you are not firmly convinced with.

Unbelieveably, as I was typing this, the JWs came to my door, only the 2nd time in nearly 6 years.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Until a several days I was convinced that technically that the WT was a not a false prophet despite making numerous failed predictions. But now I see by the definition of prophecy given in one of the WT's own books, they are a false prophet. The book is called Life and was written by Rutherford (and copyrighted in 1929 by him). On page 51, in Chapter II, the book (written by someone who claimed to be one of the anointed of Jehovah God), as transcribed at http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/life/life2.html , says: "Prophecy means the foretelling of events that are to transpire, before they do take place. Prophecy can be understood and properly interpreted after its fulfilment, or when in course of fulfilment." The book and numerous other ones written by Rutherford of the WT, and other publications of the WT, made numerous false predictions. As such, according the above quote the WT has made and stated its own prophecies and since many of such have failed, then the WT is a false prophet (by one of their own former definitions of a prophet).

• waton
    waton
    Prophecy can be understood and properly interpreted after its fulfilment, or when in course of fulfilment.

DJW; even when wrongly assigning the details of a so-called "second fulfillment" of a bible prophecy, wt sets itself up to be a false prophet, before the date even arrives. take

The generation of Math 24:34, that, printed red in the NIV, says: " in truth--, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened--", these things including, @ 21, the " -- distress unequalled from the beginning of the world until now--" that is to say, including Noah's flood. Only wt's Armageddon would fit Jesus' description.

With their anointed generation, and heavenly resurrection since 1918, wt makes that an ongoing prophecy, and they predict that the "anointed" will all have passed away to heaven by the beginning of the "great distress"

Wt is here directly contradicting Jesus. and

the laughable overlapping of the anointed is an ongoing prophecy too, could last them to 2075.

It takes courage to defend such teachings, and it's originators. Courage, is that not their current assembly theme?

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

waton, I appreciate the insight of your words of "DJW; even when wrongly assigning the details of a so-called "second fulfillment" of a bible prophecy, wt sets itself up to be a false prophet, before the date even arrives."

It is true that the WT is often incorrect in making a "second fulfillment" type of
    interpretation of OT prophecies. Furthermore since the WT claims that it (and its governing body) is (are) Jehovah God's channel of providing scriptural insight, and that the WT is directed in some sense by Jehovah God's holy spirit, and since they also claim that all of the literature of the WT are part of Jehovah God's provisions, then when the WT teaches such false interpretations they are indeed acting as a false prophet. Likewise such can be recognized even before the dates assigned (and even if no date is assigned) by the WT for fulfillment to such prophetic interpretations, since the WT is on record as naming specific former prophetic interpretations of theirs as false (in some regard).

waton, you are correct about the WT being in error regarding their teachings of the generation (including the overlapping feature), heavenly resurrections since 1918, and that 'the "anointed" will all have passed away to heaven by the beginning of the "great distress"'. They are also very much in error in saying that Jesus Christ became king in heaven in the year 1914.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

It becomes a bit ironic when you think about entire the core foundation of the JWS religion is based upon false prophecy and apostasy according to scripture.

How and why did these self described chosen anointed ones (men) do that ?

Maybe they weren't the chosen anointed ones after all but spirit directed men by Satan the great liar and deceiver, who instigated these men away from true righteousness toward Jehovah ???

They placed the power, vindication and glory of god upon themselves for themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit