2011 Watchtower publisher statistics with analysis

by jwfacts 220 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wobble
    wobble

Depends what has driven the upward trend thus far.

Perhaps someone in the foreign language congregations could confirm if perhaps more are partaking there ?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

In the 1990s, the increase in average publishers bars on the graph were alot higher - about 4-6%. In the 2000s, the increase in average publishers has fallen to the 1-3% levels.

Think of how much your own use of the Internet has become! In the mid-to-late 1990s, we were just getting e-mail accounts and a company wide ability to share documents over our computer NETWORK (i.e. not yet Internet). I didn't "go out" on the Internet alot back then. Today, I use it ALL the time. My research software, my work software, my grocery store's shopping list generator, my diet/exercise blogs, news sources, booking doctor's & vet appointments, . . . it's all the Internet!

In very recent years, the number of publishers has increased slightly. I think this may be attributed to the bad economy. People looking for answers. It may also be the new push to baptise kids a little younger and telling parents to not worry about disfellowshipping.

The number of pioneers? I think April increased it. Also, the baby boomers are starting to retire. As they do, they will have time to pioneer. The WTS is making the retired feel super guilty if they don't pioneer. Interesting, the "infirmed pioneer" list is getting popular. The older ones may be punting to get on it. Still a pioneer, but no hourly requirement.

Skeeter

• Alfred
    Alfred

I don't pretend to be a statistician, but according to these numbers, it takes an average of 6,488 hours of field service just to get 1 baptism... (actually, that number is probably well over 10,000 hours per baptism if you discount all the born-ins and family members that succumbed to peer pressure)...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

One thing revealing in breaking down the statistics is that there seems to have been a number of faded/inactive ones that have started going again over the last 3 years. There are also almost record numbers of hours preaching per JW. It shows how strong the guilt and indoctrination are. Yet with all that extra preaching, there is no increase in growth or baptisms. It seems that the greatest influence the internet is having has been in preventing people joining.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    they have mental or emotional problems

I find this a strange explanation for the increase in partakers, because one could then take this to mean that the percentage of folks who attend the memorial who have said problems is also on the rise.....this will be an interesting thing to watch how it is resolved, maybe they will start having 'anointed qualifications', so they can carry anointed cards....

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The "annointed" in my local Kingdom Hall were always perceived as the "coo-coo's". Usually, some older sister who "claimed" to be annointed. Notice how we Jehovah's Witnesses never agreed that she was annointed. We didn't say, "Sister Ericks IS of the Annointed." No, we said, "Sister Ericks CLAIMS to be of the Annointed." Then, we dismissed everything she said. No one talked with her much. I don't think the elders consulted her on important matters.

Anyway, all of this makes me wonder, who is making up the newly annointed? Probably just people who want the attention or label? A feeling of authority in an otherwise world of inferiority?

Skeeter

• cedars
    cedars

As I've mentioned before, by labelling their fellow memorial partakers as being potentially deluded, the Governing Body calls into question their own individual claims to be of the anointed Slave Class.

Cedars

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

could some one list the 43 countries that have reported zero/negative growth?

• wobble
    wobble

Are they admitting to a "fifth column" within their midst of professed annointed with a "mentally diseased" state , surely that = apostate ?

As to the stats. it is interesting to look at how the Adventist movement,(of which JW's are a sect, as Russsell never DA'd from any of his connections), is doing.

The SAD Church reports in 2009, (The 2010 is not on line yet ?) in round figures 16,000,000 members, 1,000,000 baptised and around the same number of Congregations as JW's in about the same number of countries.

Looks like the church they split from is doing a tad better than they are. The SAD Church's published financial report is a lot more open too.

• designs
    designs

wobble- Having a whole side of the family who are SAD they put a high premium on Education which equates to better careers, particulary in Medicine. The Church's finances should be in better shape as a result.

Some who have left the SAD complain of similar shunning practices and the pressure of always being different as reasons for leaving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit