2011 Watchtower publisher statistics with analysis

by jwfacts 220 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The United States claims 3% growth. This is rounded up and the actual figure is 2.68%

Dishonest as always, and as expected.

2.68% is far closer to 2.5% than it is to 3%.

Some real creative accounting going on in Brooklyn.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The numbers for individual countries are always rounded to the nearest figure, whether that's up or down, there's nothing remarkable about that.

For example the 1.4% increase in Argentina is rounded down to 1% in the table.

• cedars
    cedars

The United States claims 3% growth. This is rounded up and the actual figure is 2.68%.

Surely a more accurate "rounded" figure for this statistic would be 2.7%? Is that what one might call "creative accounting"?!

Well done with all these graphs jwfacts - they really make it easy to see the long-term trends. I suspect it is NOT in the Society's interests to show such trends, because likely it would not be 'encouraging' for the brothers!

The statistical side of the organization is one of many areas in which I feel more enlightened about JWs since becoming inactive than I ever was as a zealous but blinkered publisher, thanks in no small measure to the efforts of diligent people like yourself. Please keep up the good work.

Cedars

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have never looked at the figures this way before, they just seemed to be up year on year to me, even if not by much.

I am not good at math, but with all the annointed who have died since the time of Brother Russell, and nearly 12,000 now, does that not mean that there cannot have been many in the first century who were of the 144,000, and yet they all partook didn't they ?

So how come all those hundreds of thousands of early Christians did not become part of the 144,000 ?

I am confused about this, Bethel should explain.

• cedars
    cedars

Phizzy - I see where you're coming from, and I've been there before. The short answer is: it's pointless trying to calculate how few "anointed" there must have been "pre-Russell" for the memorial partakers figures to be accurate. A significant reason for this is that the Governing Body themselves refute the worthiness of the partaker statistics, claiming that some who partake must be deluded. Even if the partaker statistic were to be wholly accepted, it would be pointed out that there is no way of knowing for sure precisely how many anointed individuals have lived since Russell. It's really a shame that we can't mathematically nail them on this issue, but they've done just enough to cover their backs. Eventually, as the years tick by, the math will weigh so heavily against them that they will be forced to uncover some "new light" on the subject, but until then, they're sitting pretty.

Cedars

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I would expect an increase in Aux pioneers given that they did a 'special offer' to 'qualify' (TM) for 'everlasting life' (TM) with the 30 hours in April '11.

I recall Facebook being abuzz with: 'OoooOOOoOOOooOHhh! Will you 'pioneer' (TM) in April? Vote YES - NO - MAYBE !'

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    The increase in memorial partakers is just ridiculous. They are bound to do something about that one way or another.

They already have.

Kool Aid WT Aug 2011, Page 27 QFR

Memorial partakers. This is the number of all the baptized Witnesses who partake of the bread and wine at the Memorial. But this number may not be the exact number of anointed ones on earth. For example, some may have the wrong idea about going to heaven because of what they believed in the past or because they have mental or emotional problems. So it is not possible to know the exact number of anointed ones who are on earth, and we do not need to know.

• wobble
    wobble

I see some "Overlapping Annointed" Noo Lite a coming ! Quite how this will work, who knows, but like the Generation and Blood doctrines before it, it is bound to be even more far fetched than what they started out with.

Abstain from blood= simple. Fractions (some) acceptable=complicated. (So complicated that JW's do not understand it)

The generation of 1914 is the last one= simple . Overlapping generations=complicated. (Ditto with JW's explaining it, most are not aware of the doctrine)

144,000 a literal number=simple (if illogical) Noo Lite= complicated you can bet.

Thanks so much for the stats and graphs, your hard work is appreciated JWfacts.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phizzy -

So how come all those hundreds of thousands of early Christians did not become part of the 144,000 ?

This depends upon who's relating the story. If it isn't JWs then they'll say that all Christians are and have been 'anointed' and that 144,000 is not literal (which is more in line with actual Biblical theology).

If it's the JW HQ telling the story then you'll get a circular and confusing 'explanation' that leaves you wondering still.

I am confused about this, Bethel should explain.

Don't hold your breath!

Just very quickly and without copy and pasting etc = If you look at Revelation 7 & 14 you'll see that the context is symbolic but the Watchtower takes the number as 144,000 as literal for some obscure reason. Possibly just to be different from other religions.

JWFacts - Well done on the work you've obviously put in to the latest stats.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wow that number of partakers is marching forward withoout let up. Next year may hit 13k, and then what? 20k? 30k?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit