2011 Watchtower publisher statistics with analysis

by jwfacts 220 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wobble
    wobble

I have a friend who was in the SAD church for most of her life, we have compared notes, very similar methods and practices, uncanny that often the very same words and phrases are used to control and put fear in to one who has doubts.

I just like the comparison of reports because of the oft repeated rubbish by JW's "We are the only ones preaching world wide"

The SAD church at least baptises in to the name of the Father , Son and Holy Spirit, not into their organization. Even so, they are peddlars of falsehoods.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Someone just brought to my attention that the US growth is not as good as it has been made out to be.

Please note,,Hawaii is not listed separately now. So, in 2010, avg. pubs for U.S. was 1,115,786 and Hawaii showed 8,531. Combined comes to 1,124,317. Now, U.S. (which would include Hawaii) is now avg pubs 1,145,723. So would be 1.9% increase

Amazing at how they keep coming up with new ways to doctor the figures to look better that they are. Reducing the requirement for reporting to just 15 minutes a month, reducing the number of hours to be counted as a pioneer and auxiliary pioneer, and now this combining of figures.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Someone just brought to my attention that the US growth is not as good as it has been made out to be.

The addition of Hawaii was taken into account when calculating the percentage increase.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It doesn't seem to be SBF. The increase of 2.6% (or 3% as listed) is from the 2010 US alone figure of 1,115,786 and the 2011 combined figure of 1,145,723.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well that's pretty weird. I thought they combined Hawaii last year already, because I remember already having had this discussion.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I think Hawaii came in at the beginning of the 2011 service year (Sept 2010). What about Alaska? I thought that branch was merged in as well but maybe that was done the year before?

• Gayle
    Gayle

The last year Alaska was reported separately from the U.S. was on 2006 Annual Report.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

slight increase in 2001 probably do to the 911 day. Big decrease 2008 - happy to be in that croud

decrease when the "new generation" bs came out....

Thanks for the info!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

jwfacts, as always, thanks for your hard work in tracking, collating and helping us all analyze and process this information.

BTW, what does GFC in your OP mean? Global Financial Crisis? Just checking!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I checked the official report on jw-media (separate tab, just in case something started downloading without my permission I could close that tab--and with Task Manager open, so in case of emergency I can kill the whole program), and I noticed something odd. They had reports for a few countries in Africa (where was South Africa?), Europe (a whole bunch of them), the Americas, and Asia. What I didn't see was Japan. Nor did I see anything about Oceania--aren't the witlesses going to report anything in the southeast corner of the world? You know, like Australia and New Zealand? Or, could it be that they are embarrassed about what's happening in Oceania and Japan?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit