2011 Watchtower publisher statistics with analysis

by jwfacts 220 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The 2012 yearbook has released the publisher statistics for the 2011 service year. A scan of the report can be found at http://www.jwfacts.com/images/2011-publisher-report.pdf and I have started updating the graphs at http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/statistics.php

As expected, it is following on from similar trends to the last 15 years. There was a bit of a spike in growth in 2009 and 2010 due to the GFC, but the growth as dipped slightly again. Though it will disappoint the majority here that there is still growth, most trends do not bide well for the Watchtower.

The average number of hours preaching per year has risen by 9 this year to 231, up from 200 in 2005. You have to feel sorry for these poor publishers, as the effectiveness has become increasingly worse. I think the key graph of all is how many hours preaching are now required for a single baptism, now at 6488.

Due to the number that leave, 9998 hours are required for an additional publisher. Taking the average hours (9998/231), there is an increase of 1 publisher for the annual preaching efforts of 43 publishers, or about 2 people per congregation. Factoring the number of children in each congregation that would be included in that figure, it is almost incomprehensible how ineffective the door to door work has become. No well run organisation would be allowed to insist on such inefficent use of resources and this could never be possible if it was not for the highly indoctrinated army of slaves at the Watchtower leaderships beck and call.

Of the 206 countries listed, 22 countries have negative growth and 21 have 0%. 43/206 shows 20.8% having no growth.

The United States claims 3% growth. This is rounded up and the actual figure is 2.68%. However, the Watchtower report has adjusted the population of the US and the ratio of "JWs to the US population" actually fell from 1:259 last year to 1:261 this year.

• jwfacts
  • GOrwell
    GOrwell

11,824 partakers, eh? What a joke..

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

GOrwell well spotted, I forgot to include that one. Memorial partakers are still increasing.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I know that you had to go back to 1967 to match last years memorial partaker figure. When was the last year that partakers matched or exceeded the current 11,824?

• sizemik
    sizemik

720 baptised every day . . . that's the figure I least like. One every two minutes.

Thanks for collating this jwfacts . . . very interesting and helpful.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Their has to be new light coming from the FDS class,the 144000 has to be symbolic of a far greater number to rule the earth,or even the universe

smiddy

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

A .pdf file of the complete 2011 Annual Report can also be downloaded from www.jw.org with a sincere letter from the Governing Body to JWs. GAG, I want to vomit!

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The 5.4% increase in Bible Studies is pretty big. I would be interested in a graph showing the increase in reported Bible Studies in recent years.

Also pioneers increased by 6%.

The increase in memorial partakers is just ridiculous. They are bound to do something about that one way or another.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Auxiliary pioneers up by 60% - is that right?

Is there a reason for that? Did they have a special campaign or did they lower the hour requirement or what?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit