Do you hate God

by Star tiger 225 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Star Tiger,

You are only considering one possibility about what God is about. There are MANY more of them to consider, and to be rational, you must consider them all. It will take one or more lifetimes to contemplate them all. Consider the possibility that the God you are not fond of right now, may have given us all many, many chances to figure Him/Her out, and even possibly lifetimes to do so.

If God gave you a chance, why don't you give God a chance?

Consider that, grasshopper. :)

Farkel, Clueless CLASS

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I like that answer! But, after he did so would he then dissappear into the night? Wouldn't people demand him to return to remove the rest of our problems? Why start and end with birth defects?
    -Sab

Well, He is supposed to be the end-all of end-all, God Himself. Supposedly, the sacrifice already paid the price.

But if that upsets the balance of all things and He isn't prepared to do all that, He could just do the card trick thing like in "Oh God" with George Burns and John Denver.

(Sorry, I couldn't find a clip of the card trick part.)

• still thinking
    still thinking

marking...cheers

• AlphaQup2nite
    AlphaQup2nite

I honestly stopped caring when i left. I have too much anger and betraying to have any respect for a godlike figure. Its prbly my coping mechanism that got me through the worst of it when i left. There is just too much biblical doctrine, or in fact any montheistic relgion that i find repuslive, or atleast impossible to beleive. Faith prevents reason, and when you break it down, there is too much you are supposed to take on faith with nothing to back it up. That and ive taken a pretty cynical view of orginized relgions either. A quote from a book i read a long time ago, "Every religion is willing to offer you a seat at God's table as long as you are willing to hand over the contents of your purse now. Im sure the tables of God are amazing, but you have to die to get there, so i think ill pass." Right now my faith is placed in myself. Call me idealistic, but if feel that making myself better and reaching towards my dreams and desires is the only rational choice. So no, i dont hate God, even if he exists. We just go our own seperate ways, and i stay out of his and i hope he does the same for me. I do hate orginized relgion in general tho.

• bigmac
    bigmac

why waste mental capacity hating something man-made in days of old to explain what they didnt understand.

i DO hate the effects of people loving their god so much it blinds them to reality--and causes most of the trouble in this world.

• designs
    designs

'All of you unbelievers will know the Truth about me two seconds before I throw your sorry asses in Hell' Jesus

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What is there to not hate about Jehovah? That Almighty Lowlife Scumbag simply lives to frustrate people, and he will bless just enough to use as examples so everyone else will still have to praise him and display faith based on the limited number of examples he has provided. Any god, even Jehovah, that consistently expects reverence out of me, yet does everything possible to prevent me from experiencing personal fulfillment (and, instead refers me to an out of date, fictitious or embellished example to go by in lieu of giving me anything fulfilling), deserves my hatred.

And yes, Jesus was actually a servant of the real Satan and died trying to save mankind from Jehovah's Tyranny. Satan himself went beyond the call of duty in caring for mankind, attempting to free us from Jehovah's tyranny, and Jehovah "fired" Satan for it.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Love the avatar Bigmac.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Life's too short to waste time hating someone in a high place who leaves us alone.

Besides, at times I have found it more useful to have friends in low places.

• Bella15
    Bella15

I loved Him once - I hated Him once, I got to know him through Christ and I love Him now ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit