Do you hate God

by Star tiger 225 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

Johnathon Dough-

You say that even if we don't love God we should "act like" we do. That is being a fake and a hypocrite, is it not?

Why would God want or accept that?

To me, love for God must come from the heart, it must come naturally. I once DID love Jehovah- immensly. But not anymore. And I won't pretend to either. And any love I may have for God will not come from a "command" to love him. As it is, I wonder if he even exists.

But I will not worship any God who tries to coerce me into doing it or commands me to. He has to earn my love and worship. He has to deserve it.

Zid-

it is intriging to think that other Gods/ Godesses were worshiped long before Jehovah was. I was not aware of this. Still, I am not sure what to believe anymore...any God I may believe in again, or come to love- well, it has to come naturally and right now I still feel the God of the Bible is unfair, and does not care about us. Well, the bet between God and the devil is just, well, evil and unacceptable . (lots of "wells"!)

Poor Princess lies out back, lifeless, and I miss her. God never intended for precious animals, who have no sin, to live forever? That is just not right.

My dear Mom would be 87 this November 27. She suffered so much in the last few years of her life, and for what reason? Because God has a bet with the Devil, and two people who lived thousands of years ago ate fruit they were told not too? That is just wrong.

I no longer believe the Bible-too much of it makes no sense and I find so many who believe in it are judgemental and uncaring...but that is just like Jehovah, is it not?

• factfinder
    factfinder

still thinking- you bring out good points. Also, I noted that Jonathon mentions a "triune YHWH."

Jewish people worship a SINGULAR YHWH.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    jonothon mentions a "triune YHWH."
    Jewish people worship a SINGULAR YHWH.

The "triune" is the new facelift model . . . it has extras like variable date timing and an extendable armageddon warranty.

• factfinder
    factfinder

sizemik-

LOL!!!

• still thinking
    still thinking

I didn't even want to touch on the 'trinity' topic factfinder...thats a thread in it's own right...Although, I would mention that christians are not the only ones who have the 3 as 1 belief system. In fact, not ALL christians even believe that the trinity idea is correct.

If they are truly lead by god you would think they would at least agree on that.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

The God of the Bible is one God, unlimitless in power. He manifests himself to us in more than one way, in more than one form. He can be in a million places at once, and still be almighty. He created all things and through Him they are held together. This is my God.

The Trinity is one way this is explained, but He is so much more than our understanding. He is inside me. There are those identified as Christians that do not yet have His Spirit inside of them, teaching them all things, and there are Christians such as myself that don't have a perfect understanding, for as the scripture says, the way we see God now is as if in a smokey mirror. We have not reached that which is perfect.

In Christ,

Shades

• factfinder
    factfinder

Still thinking-

yes, its true- there are other 3 in 1 gods- the WTS has pointed that out often. But I did not know there were "Christians" aside from jws that do not believe in the trinity. Before I became a witness I had not even heard of the trinity and did not know that Catholics and protestants worshipped Jesus as God!

But , anyway, I mentioned that Jonathon worships a "triune yhwh", whereas Jewish people (my family) worship a "singular YHWH" because a well-meaning friend of mine was suggesting I'd be happy becoming a Methodist.

She was not aware that the trinity god is a DIFFERENT god than the Jews worship, so not only would I be changing religion, I'd be changing gods, and I explained to her I was not willing to do that.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "it is intriging to think that other Gods/ Godesses were worshiped long before Jehovah was. I was not aware of this. ...."

Factfinder, you're in good company - several billion Christians aren't aware of this...

Nor has it really soaked in, for those who have become aware of this information, just HOW long before the Hebrew god[s] came along, that these other deities were worshipped...

Some of them were worshipped for HUNDREDS of thousands of years, before YHWH.... Some for TENS of thousands of years - some for TEN thousand years, and some for a few thousand years before YHWH...

I still find it the ultimate irony that the oldest probable "goddess" figurine discovered so far, was discovered in Israel... The "Berekhat Ram" figurine... And, it was discovered in layers of volcanic ash... Which again shows the long-running volcanic nature of the area...

Zid

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thank you Zid!

So if there really is a god/godess, who really knows WHO it is?

But at some time, after those other gods/godesses were worshipped for such a long time, for some reason the people who lived in that area (including my forefathers) decided instead to worship Jehovah. I wonder what led to this?

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Since mankind is rapidly gaining in knowledge there is no theoretical limit to our future power. God must be scared witless, there are billions humans coming to usurp him/her/it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit