Do you hate God

by Star tiger 225 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I think a recent thread on a similar subject took all the energy out of this and it may not get off the ground again. ..."

Hey, OnTheWayOut...

Which thread, please?

Thanks!

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Which one?

That was my first thought.

• tec
    tec

I do not hate God. I cannot. Before I knew Him, I feared Him. And I can't say that I loved Him then... I was just too afraid to say anything other than that. But then I got to know Him, by looking at Christ... and then I knew what it was to love God. (as best as I can love, at least)

God gave us His Son... and through Christ, He grants me strength, peace, and hope. And forgiveness. I learn to be a better person by looking at Christ. I don't blame God for the personal suffering in my life. Almost all of it is caused by my own decisions, and certainly my decisions have caused others to be hurt as well, so I would be a hypocrite to complain about the hurt that others have caused me (though I do just that on occasion, out of hurt or anger).

I do absolutely love God, and Christ.

Peace,

Tammy

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You guys gotta be pulling my leg. It's still active into the sixties of pages.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/217484/1/An-Old-Argument-does-it-hold-water

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks, OnTheWayOut...!!

I didn't realize that was the subject of that thread.... I thought it was about independent will and predestination, or something like that...

Zid

• tec
    tec

It ended up covering a lot of subjects, Zid.

• ziddina
    ziddina

[having glanced at the opening post of that thread...]

Eh, well, that's not exactly about HATING 'god'...

It's more about whether 'god' exists, based on the misery we see in the world...

But yeah, I can see how the two subjects parallel each other very closely...

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Oh lets start it on here for another 60 pages!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Well...I used to love God (Jehovah). The Greek Gods were much more fun.

Then, after my faithful JW mom died, because He did not want her to have a blood transfusion (later, He changed His big all-knowing mind)...He looked down...and smiled! I hated and cursed Him to his face!

Now, several healing years have passed by...and ya' know what? I don't hate Him anymore, hell, I cannot even find Him. Anywhere. But, that's the way it's always been. Many, many mothers have died since then. He...is nowhere to be found.

I'm much happier now !

• sabastious
    sabastious
    He could do something wonderful for the children of earth like removing birth defects.

I like that answer! But, after he did so would he then dissappear into the night? Wouldn't people demand him to return to remove the rest of our problems? Why start and end with birth defects?

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit