Do you hate God

by Star tiger 225 Replies latest jw friends

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Tec - sometimes it is worth responding to a post line by line especially when that post contains multiple unique ideas and/ or questions and so invites a reasoned response. When this is done infrequently it becomes almost a mark of respect - your post was worth my time to respond to. Since a line by line dissection is rarely an agreement it can also be used as a tool to belittle a post in a very surgical manner and just like surgery the patient is completely in the surgeons hands. Each word, each clause, each sentence can be extracted and then used or abused as desired. When this becomes the only way someone responds it gets annoying because most people are trying to present a comprehensive thought, a mental picture if you will, and when that picture is immediately broken up and re-represented to the world along with a generally incorrect narrative it can be the ultimate insult - someone just stole my words and messed them up!

Take my post to AG. My general idea was that she's preaching , most of us here are fairly au fait with how preaching works ( evidence less authoratitive statement, carrot / stick , you must change, Hallelujah etc. ) and having the assurity of a personal god back your words enables people to make utterly unfounded claims about anything and to demand that their view is not only given equal factual validity to other views but should actually be privileged because it is a revelation. Was this responded to? Nope, apparently I need go forth into the world and rail against other preachers ( AG seemed to liken herself to several world faith leaders but that might have been an unfortunate juxtaposition of ideas ), I was schooled on what constitutes evidence and reminded that subjective evidence trumps objective evidence , I was told that AG always considers the full context ( in the midst of her performing a heart and lung transplant ) and once again she played the victim card over and over (references to being called crazy and delusional ) while trying to remind me to shut up and leave her posts alone.

Honestly, it's like having a daily visit from a stonewalling JW. Tec you get caught in the flak when you act as the second , slightly quieter JW , the one who doesn't say much but allows the first one to get away with saying all sorts to the householder and chimes in with support for the less obnoxious comments.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Sizemik - absolutely spot on.

• tec
    tec

Size and Q - Shelby has stated why she goes line by line. She doesn't want to miss ANY point. If she has missed a point, it is not intentional. Please point it out to her.

I stated that for me... I sometimes respond line by line because of the reason I stated. Sometimes I find it so much easier, because I have no idea what the point is, and by breaking it up, I hopefully address all of it, including the point. I suppose I could ask -what is your point', and I have felt like doing that on occassion, but I don't know if that would go over so well either.

Q - if you're "general idea" is that you don't like her posts because she comes off as preachy to you, then why not say just that... point blank? Avoid misconception altogether?

Peace,

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

Okay, so a couple/few of the folks here don't "like/agree with" my style of responses, dear Size and Q (as always, peace to you, both!). Including you. And that says... what... to me? There are just as many who don't agree with YOUR individual points of view, either. Or the "evidence" or "authority" YOU [claim to] speak by. Which should say what... to me? Nothing, except that you're entitled to your opinion, POV, thoughts, etc. I don't chase either of you around the board taking issue with you or your position(s). Why? Because... and this is the truth: I... don't... care.

YOU have a problem with ME, dear Q. But, dear one, that is YOUR problem, not mine. I cannot believe... with all of that "intelligence" you want the rest of us to believe you possess... that you can't "see" this. I understandy why you can't though: you have decided (like many before you), that YOU are the "one". You know, the "one" who's going to "finally take Shelby down, shut her up!." You have decided that it's now YOUR "job"... one you CHOOSE... and so you take it seriously. I get that. But I have to tell you, though, that... unfortunately... you're truly no different than those who have come before you. You're not even a challenge, actually. Not even close. NOTHING you have presented to me, thus far... whether it be with regard to objective evidence, the physical realm, logic, "rationality," or what have you... has made even the SLIGHTEST "dent" in my understanding... or modicum of change in my faith. Nothing.

And so, please know, that even if you decide to "ramp up" your "campaign" against me even further... it won't have the outcome YOU think it will. To the contrary, YOU will grow tired... and leave off your attacks, perhaps leave the board entirely... LONG before I grow tired of sharing the truth, and the truth about I how receive it and from Whom. Seriously. Your "attacks" only serve to make ME... MORE determined to share such truths. Folks like YOU are the reason I have persevered: because there those who are watching and LISTENING... both human and spirit... and I do not wish those who are human to be misled by YOUR hateful propaganda, rhetoric, and slander... or those who are spiritual to think that I would waver under such. Seriously... if this is the BEST you can do... you are misleading yourself: not only do you not know me and MY strength in these matters, you certainly don't know my Lord... and HIS strength. You certainly don't understand that every time you even ATTEMPT to "drain" me, I am actually replenished (Matthew 4:11). And greatly so.

So, please... go ahead: be about doing what you think you must. And I will do the same. I will not take issue with YOU, however... because I know you have no choice, either. We each must do the "will" of our respective fathers, and so... be about your business, dear one. Just don't get your chonies in TOO tight of a bunch if it seems you're not getting anything "done" at all. You aren't actually supposed to. You're not that "one," dear one.

As always, peace to you... even now, yes.

YOUR servant (because I AM servant to the Household of God, Israel... even if Israel chooses to be MY "enemy" although I've offered nothing but love and peace... and all those who go with), and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Lol

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dear Factfiner, Still, and tec... the greatest of love and peace to you all! May the undeserved kindness and mercy of MY God and Father, JAH of Armies, the MOST Holy One of Israel, Who is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and the God and Father of my Lord, Master, King... and Saviour... the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... His Son and Christ... and the love and peace OF that Son... be upon you... and your entire households... to time indefinite. Truly.

YOUR servant, always, and a slave of Christ, to time indefinite (Romans 8:35-39)

SA, who has not received a spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God... holy spirit (1 Corinthians 2:7-16)

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thank you Shelby!

Peace to you and your family and your "babies" too!!!!

• tec
    tec

Peace to you as well!

Your sister in Christ,

Tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

cheers Aguest...

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I don't like it when people (including SA, though I love her) use all caps, various colors, bold and underline in their posts in order to emphasize a point. Especially all caps. But, you know, every once in a while I decide to bold a few words too, so ....

I can overlook it.

“The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you"

Your loving sister, Shades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit