Do you hate God

by Star tiger 225 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik
    So if there really is a god/godess, who really knows WHO it is? . . . factfinder

This is exactly where I'm at on this question.

for some reason the people who lived in that area (including my forefathers) decided instead to worship Jehovah. I wonder what led to this? . . . factfinder

I can't find any evidence for anything other than the fact that it's probably the same reason for which religion has always evolved. Why did people follow Moses? . . . or Christ? . . . or Rome? . . . or Protestantism? . . . or Fundamentalism? Two things probably . . . disenchantment - even oppression, and a new champion and renewed hope. The modern-day Jehovah is a modern-day champion that's all. The name itself is less than 1000 years old. God had his name changed by human deed poll round the 13th C.

The whole morphosis of god(s) worship smells very human.

• dm6
    dm6

i dont hate God at all, though i rarely pray, in fact as sad as it sounds, my brutal honesty doesnt sound too great when i sound this over in my head, but i usually pray for somethign when i need something really bad or in a spot of bother.

Though i do see a lot of things and cruelty in the world and when i do i often question my personal beilefs at the time and feel a slight anger toward God. I know that sounds bad as a beilever but thats just how i feel.

• tec
    tec

"jehovah" has not been worshipped for very long at all.

A creator, however, has been. Since God is spirit - then male or female, it should really make no difference. Gender is used because we have identified with gender, and its traditional roles.

I guess it would very much depend on who/what you are listening to.

Factfinder, you asked who would know what this god/goddess is really like. Well, I guess the answer would be someone who has seen/been with that creator. Of course, I understand that person to be Christ. Since I listen to Him, then I understand our creator to be the Father of Christ. Regardless of how or what he/she was worshipped as throughout time. Christ came to show us the truth... perhaps because we have so many lies, and have lost our path so often.

Peace,

Tammy

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

But , anyway, I mentioned that Jonathon worships a "triune yhwh", whereas Jewish people (my family) worship a "singular YHWH" because a well-meaning friend of mine was suggesting I'd be happy becoming a Methodist.

She was not aware that the trinity god is a DIFFERENT god than the Jews worship, so not only would I be changing religion, I'd be changing gods, and I explained to her I was not willing to do that.

You don't understand the Trinity doctrine. YHWH is the God of Jacob for both Jews and true Christians. He is triune in the sense that He has three natures, even though Jews don't recognize or understand this. It's the same God Almighty, who happens to possess three natures, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It is not a different God; only the understanding of YHWH's nature is different between the two groups. Even though Jews don't claim to worship a triune YHWH, that's the nature of the deity that they are worshipping whether or not they choose to acknowledge it.

It is explained in great detail right here: http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index.html#1

You say that even if we don't love God we should "act like" we do. That is being a fake and a hypocrite, is it not?

Not at all. The comment is directed to Christians who sometimes don't feel like they "love' God like a spouse or their child. I didn't say to pretend to love God, but simply conduct yourself as if you would if had those deep feelings of love; be respectfull, determine what his will is and act according to Christ's commands. You're reading too much into that.

Because it is possible that you are worshiping a false god...therefore showing contempt to the true god. And before you say it isn't possible because the bible says so...prove it.

You aren't paying attention. As I explained in detail above, it's not something that can be proven, or needs to be proven, but taken on faith, belief. That's the standard, and that's good enough for me and billions others. You may continue to frame the issues in terms of "proof," but by doing so you are evading the answer that you don't want to hear because you can't argue successfully against that. It's not about proof, but faith, belief. Proving anything to anybody in this context won't get you saved.

Its not that I believe that the older gods were in fact more godly than your god...but what evidence do you really have that you are correct?

Are you just dismissing other gods?

Well, of course, absolutely. There is only one triune YHWH in my opinion, and he alone is to be worshipped.

And here is the problem, it is your opinion isn't it?

Again, you aren't paying close attention to what I wrote. I explained it need not be proven, hence no evidence is necessary, and that it was my opinion. By grace you are saved, through faith. As Christ said, blessed is he who doesn't see yet believes. Hope this helps.

• designs
    designs

jd- You have drunk the Kool-Aid like few other fools. Ask a Rabbi. You are wrong.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

You don't understand the Trinity doctrine. YHWH is the God of Jacob for both Jews and true Christians. He is triune in the sense that He has three natures, even though Jews don't recognize or understand this. It's the same God Almighty, who happens to possess three natures, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It is not a different God; only the understanding of YHWH's nature is different between the two groups. Even though Jews don't claim to worship a triune YHWH, that's the nature of the deity that they are worshipping whether or not they choose to acknowledge it.

I would agree, but it seems to me that the Jews, like JWs, are worshipping a limited God.

You say that even if we don't love God we should "act like" we do. That is being a fake and a hypocrite, is it not?

I tend to agree with this. Search for God. Find Him, love Him. Don't claim to be His if you don't really know Him. Isn't it obvious that this causes problems?

• designs
    designs

'Jews don't recognize or understand this' Cookoo Cookoo

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

I tend to agree with this. Search for God. Find Him, love Him. Don't claim to be His if you don't really know Him. Isn't it obvious that this causes problems?

The comment is directed to Christians who sometimes don't feel like they "love" God like a spouse or their child. That's not an excuse for Chrtistians to not act as though they love Him. I didn't say to pretend to love God, but simply conduct yourself as if you had those deep feelings of love; be respectfull, determine what his will is and act according to Christ's commands, among other things. No, it doesn't cause problems for those believers who are suffering, those in pain, perhaps those with less faith - Christians who have lost their loved ones. They should not conduct themselves as though they hate Him.

I would agree, but it seems to me that the Jews, like JWs, are worshipping a limited God.

That's true. Their version is limited, but the essence of that God YHWH is not, regardless of how distorted their understanding is. It's similar to the way the JWs don't have the Jesus of the Gospel, who was, and is, God, as that term is understood and taught in mainstream Christianity. http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-2.html#9

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I try not to hate any Gods. After all they are a product of the psyche(collectively speaking) and as such I approach them with a modicum of reverence, a sense of humour at times, and wonder about their place in the human scheme of thing. Hating seems to me as primitive instinct and so being able to identify with it in this way seem to avoid unnecessary entanglements of hate for the most part towards these Deities. Counterproductive,,even a bit childish.

The Jehovah of the bible is a primitive societies view of what there God was like,,and so naturally not unlike the masculine qualities displayed at that time. Killing people was more common back then before they had policemen and all, and so quite naturally we have a killing Jehovah's (but always done for the right reasons of coarse).

How can I hate such an idea of a Deity? Too much energy wasted! More productive time spent elsewhere.

• designs
    designs

BARUKH ATAR ADONAI ELOHEINU MEKEKH HA'OLAM BLESSED ARE YOU, LORD, OUR GOD, KING OF THE UNIVERSE

Sounds real limited doesn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit