Do you hate God

by Star tiger 225 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

We should have nice imaginary friends

• xchange
    xchange

How long does it take to 'know' god? It/she/he/whatever either exists or doesn't. So far, I don't hate 'nothing'.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "You are only considering one possibility about what God is about. There are MANY more of them to consider, and to be rational, you must consider them all. It will take one or more lifetimes to contemplate them all. Consider the possibility that the God you are not fond of right now, may have given us all many, many chances to figure Him/Her out, and even possibly lifetimes to do so. ..." [Farkel]

Meh...

This Bronze-Age Middle-Eastern 'god' of the bible isn't the FIRST deity to be worshipped by humanity... So it CANNOT be the "true" deity...

IF there is a "deity" over this planet, it would be the OLDEST 'deity' ever worshipped by humanity.

The bible 'god' doesn't even come close...

• bigmac
    bigmac

ShadesofGrey Re: Do you hate God posted ~ 3 hours ago (11/14/2011)

Post 247 of 248
    Since 9/26/2011
    Love the avatar Bigmac.

thaks Grey--i also use it on facebook as STAN LIVEDEATH--i tried to open an account here in that name--but finally gave up

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

No. I hate what the concept does to people though. If I had to categorise the idea of god I would shelve it with pure evil.

• Joliette
    Joliette

This is thing with me; I'm agnostic, and I dont really know if I should hate this 'jehovah' if he does exist, but my whole thing is why should I have to be a part of this battle with him and satan? When I was a kid, I didnt understand why I had to be a part of it when it had nothing to do with me. But I can say this, I dont see this jehovah as being a friend, like the watchtower says, but I see jehovah as being a self centered, egoistically god who only sees things his way. Thats not a friendship to me.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Hey Zid....got a question for you...were Ra, Osiris, Asher, Aten and El from Egyptian and Sumerian/Babylonian traditions the oldest known gods worshiped?

There is reference to El and the sons of El in the OT...I think this is where the bible took its original myths from.

Do you know if there is an older deity than these? Could it be Indian? The mother godess of nature?

Here's an interesting one: "It is interesting to note that the South Indian Mother Goddess is styled "Mari," the same name as the Christian Mother of God, Mary." http://freethoughtnation.com/contributing-writers/63-acharya-s/544-worlds-oldest-religion-honors-mother-goddess.html

Like you I'm not sure how you can hate god...you have to pick one first...and there are soooo many to choose from.

• flipper
    flipper

How can you hate something that might not even exist ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Yes, there was a short time when I loved Jesus Christ but didn't have the rest figured out yet. I have still found nothing wrong with Jesus. So to answer the OP, no I don't hate God, for I have found that the Almighty God is Jesus Christ. Oh how I love Him.

Then I realized that my heart was bitter,

and I was all torn up inside.

I was so foolish and ignorant—

I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you.

Yet I still belong to you;

you hold my right hand.

You guide me with your counsel,

leading me to a glorious destiny.

Whom have I in heaven but you?

I desire you more than anything on earth.

My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,

but God remains the strength of my heart;

he is mine forever.

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

Too busy making money and pursuing my career to care right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit