Any updates on the SPY network at the I.R.S., F.B.I., and other agencies for Watchtower Bible and Tract Society?

by Balaamsass 91 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• zengalileo
    zengalileo

A guy in my church was a JW and an FBI agent at the same time in the 1970s. He was actually an elder at one point but I don't know if he was an elder and fbi at the same time. He also worked for the state police in Kansas or something before and after the FBI. I know for a fact, much to my surprise, that he was a police officer and an elder at the same time and carried a gun too. This was probably early 1970s.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Zengalileo, As a kid in the 60s I remember a number of JW policemen. They had a moderating effect on some of the domestic and child abuse. However over time, the WTBT$ governing body decided Cops were bad, and child molesters were to be sweept under the carpet.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes, I know of many RCMP (Canadian Mounties) that carried guns in the 70's . Policies re. the wearing a fire arm had chg'd by then. Some got to transfer into other profiles, not requiring a fire arm.

I remember a situation involving some paranoid JW brother who was under an investigation by some elders. He accused a sister who worked at the institution in exposing this information. When the elders contacted this sister, the sister had no idea of the event, and was shocked. The accused member complained to the Admin dept about the claimed breach. The department where the sister worked had no involment with this case and there absolutely was no possible way that the department where she worked had any info of the events. The Elders had received this info from this brother, from his wife, whom he abused. Theft was also involved, and other matters, Sometimes the guilty one is paranoid when they see a brother/sister working in a record keeping position.

I'm speaking in defense of those brothers and sisters who seriously maintain their oath of silence, and do not devulge confidentialities.

A JW is just as qualified to handle such information, and shouldn't be excluded from any job opportunities that they are qualified to perform.

Don't stereotype them as sqealers over a few that can't find the balance in between their work and life. I and they don't care about that crazy WT article.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Quarterback: "I and they don't care about that crazy WT article" Really? My nearly 60 years as a true believer has taught me that the WT is taken as seriously by "true Christians" as the Bible. Even when shown a particular WT statement made conflicts with scripture, most witnesses (myself included when I believed) will side with the WT. I'm assuming you are still in. Understandably then, the subject of JW's spying or leaking confidential info would make you nervous. Of course not all witnesses break the trust they are given. But it is shortsighted to think 7mil dedicated believers don't care or obey what the WT says.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

3rdgen:

When I was in, I didn't always follow all he rules and I didn't believe all the "minor" wts teachings. There are many witnesses who are generally normal.

Speaking of cops and guns. I was told by an elder in the family that some 10 years ago that there were prison guards who were JWs because of lack of jobs in the area and they carried weapons with the stipulation being that if they had to use it, they wouldn't or it would be up to their conscience. That was in Blythe, Arizona area if anyone wants to confirm this. So, again, some wts policies, guidelines don't apply to all jws.

ps. I was a dub for about 19 years

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I like your response to this Diamondiz

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

LOL!! The New 2/15 INTERNAL STUDY ISSUE of the WATCHTOWER is online today. To be considered by all 7million JWs in April. I will allow the WT GOVERNING BODY to Have the FINAL WORD on "Ratting out" fellow JWs, Confidential records, and spying. "Res IPSA LOQUITUR" the thing speaks for itself......

WATCHTOWERFeb.15 th 2012

Study dates:APRIL 9-15

Be Courageous and Very Strong

What can we learn from Biblical examples

of courage? How can we be courageous?

For instance.. Rahab of Jericho, exercised faith in God, courageously concealing two spies sent out by Joshua, and then misdirecting.. that city’s king. She and her household were preserved.. worshipped Jehovah faithfully, and became an ancestress of the Messiah. How she was blessed for her faith and courage!, Sisera himself sought refuge in the tent of Jael, but she killed him while he slept….“the beautifying thing” of this victory went to the woman Jael. Because Deborah, Barak, and Jael acted courageously, Israel “had no further disturbance for forty years. Many godly men and women have displayed similar faith and courage.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WT 2/15: Preserve the Positive Spirit of the Congregation

We are wise to limit our association with people who are…are promoting an independent attitude.

—Prov. 13:20.

14 What if we become aware that someone is involved in a secret sin …Our turning a blind eye to gross wrongdoing can hinder the free flow of Jehovah’s holy spirit and threaten the peace of the entire congregation. (Gal.5:19-23) …. so today any corrupting influence must be kept out of the congregation... What can you do to contribute to the congregation’s peace?....when serious sin has been committed, those Scripturally obligated to handle the matter—the elders in the congregation—should be informed. (Read Leviticus 5:1.) Yes, preserving the spirit of the congregation requires that each of us take proper action, cooperate with the body of elders, and protect the welfare of fellow believers.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I almost forgot about the two local Elders in an adjoining congregation who convinced a couple of JW Kids who worked at Block Buster (Video Rentals) to Check the store computer to see if any Local JWs had rented "R" or "X" Movies! I was flabbergasted when I heard about it.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

As far as loyalty goes..this all volunteer "Army" is far more loyal than ANY agent working for a government, corporation, or crime syndicate. Every YEAR EVERY Jehovahs Witness has his and his children's "Medical Card" stating "NO BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS" checked and re-issued by two Elders. Other than radical muslims is their ANY other group willing to sacrifice their CHILDRENS LIVES for the group?

Some groups, like the Mob, and some 1% Bikers may include murder as an initiation rite ..but never that of their own children........

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

When you think about it...7 million people running around with a card in their wallet guaranteeing they will sacrifice their life for an organization if they get in accident (No Blood), and that of their children is kind of spooky...... I have known a number of Muslums..never met a radical one in my entire life. Do 7 million radical muslums even exist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit