Any updates on the SPY network at the I.R.S., F.B.I., and other agencies for Watchtower Bible and Tract Society?

by Balaamsass 91 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

Another thing that article accomplishes is to condition the R&F to accept the actions of others who break the confidentiality agreements and go tattling to the elders. They simultaneously instruct some to break the law and others to quietly accept.

My OBGYN hired an elder's wife during my first pregnancy. (I had been going there for many years) I gave the NP a copy of that article and asked that none of my records be available to that specific clerk. When I went in for my next appointment, the NP thanked me for the information and told me that they had a discussion with the woman and decided that she was not fully committed to their policies, so she didn't make it through the probationary period. Their office copied and distributed the article throughout the medical facility so that all could be aware of a possible breach. After all, they could face legal action if their clerks are giving out info.

I was already out by then, otherwise I'm sure I would have faced some pissed off elders over that one...

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Way to go Rocky girl!!

Auzzie thanks for the article. What date is that? It should be re-printed in a national Hospital Management Journal.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I just want to note that we are discussing a woman, named Mary, who may have an abortion. Singleness and fornication have no correlation under the sun. If I were a clerk in a Nazi SS office and found a document that called for the implementation of a policy rounding up Witnesses and other opponents, the moral equation might be moved. Here we are talking vast overreaching for little effect. No one is safe in any sphere of business.

Dietrich Bonhoffer returned to Germany b/c of his Christian faith and aristocratic background to challenge the Nazis and assasinate Hitler in all German plot. Bonhoffer did not rat out someoone smoking a cigarette.

What world are Witnesses in that they accept this garbage?

• Violia
    Violia

If you find that your personal medical info is leaked to anyone ( such as you find out it is being discussed by an elders wife) please file a privacy violation. You do not have to prove anything, you can state your speculations. The more hospitals that become aware of this issue in hiring jws, the less they will hire them. They can refuse to hire someone who would divulge medical info and it they lie on their application ( saying they would not) they can get them for that. Really, if you are ever accused of a privacy violation, good luck finding a job in the medical field.

Most of the folks who "spy"for the wts do it because they or eager to do Jah's work for him, much like sharia law.

Way to go, RG!! jws and the wts are so used to breaking the law - so sure we would not report it. Report them and they will stop.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I knew so many JWs who are so hapless that they have no idea of societal norms or the trade offs we make to have a functioning society. There is a most powerful reason lawyers keep silent. Regardless of bar administration and loathing from colleagues, how can someone keep clients. If you blab about a celebrity client, what client would ever hire you? The dinner party conversation may be so interesting but who wants their personal info divulged for entertainment.

They need extreme sanctions. I don't know how you teach them that some obligations outweigh brownie points with the Society. Again, we are not talking about keeping secrets that would destroy the Society. Most people respect privacy. I suppose people who join high control groups don't care about privacy in the first place.

It is a basic character issue for me. It is paying Caesar his due.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Hi Band on the Run,

Perhaps a copy of the article and a short note to the Justice Department, IRS, and local Hospitals might shake up the old boys at Bethel. They might go into a closet to recieve "New Light" on the issue! LOL

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Their own lawyers should warn them. Most of the incidents appear to happen at the KH level. I doubt they ever expressly stated to reveal confidential info in Wt material. Maybe they did. I should review the thread. It is the individual Witness who will be held responsible and go to prison. A corporation can't be imprisoned.

I grew up during the Cold War. Altho I was a Witness, I was damn glad I did not live in a commie country such as China, Russia or EAst Germany. Countries where people spied on each other. Totalitarian states. Heck, I grew up behind the Jehovah Curtain.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Their own lawyers should warn them. Most of the incidents appear to happen at the KH level. I doubt they ever expressly stated to reveal confidential info in Wt material. Maybe they did. I should review the thread. It is the individual Witness who will be held responsible and go to prison. A corporation can't be imprisoned.

I grew up during the Cold War. Altho I was a Witness, I was damn glad I did not live in a commie country such as China, Russia or EAst Germany. Countries where people spied on each other. Totalitarian states. Heck, I grew up behind the Jehovah Curtain.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The article is from the Watchtower 9/1/1987 for those that asked.

"A time to speak" - When? pages 12 to 15

This is of course another classic case where the Watchtower sets up the fictitous scene, tells the JW what their bible trained conscience should have them do, cautions them to obey the law but says Jehovah's is more important. So the good JWs will tattle on anybody believing if the society suggests breaking the law, its ok with God, and if they get caught, the WT can hide behind the article and blame the poor conscience choice of the individual JW!

Oz

• zengalileo
    zengalileo

I have tried to bring this issue up on a forum called allnurses.com, the largest nurse forum in the world and there are a lot of JW nurses on that site that smack down any mention of this subject. Even non-jw nurses wil scream "hate speech" if you try to question JW fitness for the nursing profession. so I think the medical community is mostly at peace hiring JWs. they are certainly defended much on that site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit