Any updates on the SPY network at the I.R.S., F.B.I., and other agencies for Watchtower Bible and Tract Society?

by Balaamsass 91 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It is appalling. Outrageous. Yet I can see little dubs eager to rat others out. Sitting in a federal prison is not fun. It is probably nicer than state prison but think of all the wonderful meetings you will miss.

• Violia
    Violia

Way back in the 60's during the Vietnam era they were trying to draft my hubby(* as they were all men over 18). He complied with exam and other things but refused to go per WTS orders. . The FBI came to our door twice. They wanted to know why he would not accept the CO stance. We explained to them that we could not b/c the wts would not let us. We explained to them what being DF/DA or marked .

We also explained the structure of the wts and how if you are one of them usually your entire family is too. Also, all your friends and in many cases your job was jws related. So to go against them meant losing your life and being cast out into a community that you had not been a part of before.

they were very nice and thanked us for the info as they said most jws would not talk to them. They had suspected the members were being coerced b/c it made no since not to take the CO stance. When I became pg my hubby got a deferment the wts would accept.

They destroyed a bunch of our lives , some of us went to prison and none of that can be changed. I know the president later pardoned all who went to prison for this issue, but the scars remained.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Seems like an offense that would get one in a lot of hot water. Not surprising at all though.

• trueblue
    trueblue

My Mother used to tell this story about when she went out in FS with my dad and two other JW's while in Missisippi in the early 1960's while they had the human rights officers that were murdered. She said the two JW's that went with them looked real shady and the trunk of the car was full of guns and ammo and a Sheriff pulled them over and told them to leave the area and they were not allowed to preach around there. My Mother said she was frightened that they were going to be arrested for the guns. I wonder if the shady looking JW's were KKK? there was some really crazy and weird stuff going on in them days around that neck of the woods.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Wow Quarterback!

"This employee was asked to disclose the names of the ones who stayed at that hotel, so that if any were found out to be Elders, or MS's they would lose their positions."

That is a new one to me! (I frequently have been a bad boy, using Expedia, AAA etc beating WTBS out of the Travel agent booking fee $$ and staying MUCH CLOSER for LESS $$). Never wore my badge at the hotel- seemed corny.

I always found disturbing how some of the sisters who worked in Records, billing and admitting for Hospitals and Doctors offices would call Elders when the found any J.W. (that info is in many Medical Records) had VD/STDs, Abortions, blood transfusions, Hep C or the "wrong" blood fraction in their medical records. Quite a few JWs have been disfellowshiped over medical records.

The only ones who didn't get handled judicially, were the ones that denied it..said it was a lie or a "misunderstanding, and demanded to face their accusers. Usually the Medical Clerks would recant or refuse to testify for fear of Job loss, lawsuits, and blacklisting. Did you ever run into this?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Hi B,

I do know of some JW's that work at hosp's and Dr's offices ...they haven't disclosed anything confidential that they have become aware of. They did take their professions seriously.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Quite a few JWs have been disfellowshiped over medical records.

So they called them into a judicial committee and said, "We've been rifling through your medical records and it's a good thing too because now we know you should be DF'ed"? How could they legally do this?

-Sab

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Given the society's stance on education, I can't imagine too many are in the positon accept postions that would deal with sensitive data unless placed there by the organization. I know they have paid for education for some bethel members, but I doubt they are forward thinking enough to plant moles in government agencies.

The only reason the WT holds people's minds is by keeping them busy and focused on what they teach. I can see a JW that hears gossip at work passing that along, but I doubt the WT trains and tries to get people government jobs to act as informants.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Hi Quarterback,

I have known a few dozen JWs mostly sisters working with Medical records locally. Only three have contacted the brothers. The Elders involved approached the JWs involved, pulled them into the backroom and got confessions in most cases. A couple of Blood cases they were on "meds".In only one case did the Sister involved deny and insist on the source. It turned into a sticky wicket for those brothers and especially for the Sister who disclosed the information.

Paralipomenon, I have never personally heard of anyone being "planted" in a government agency. ( The brother I knew from Gilead, told me he worked within congregations). The specific cases I was told about were people who already had secretarial and clerical jobs initiating contact with the WTBTS. I don't know about Canada, but in the US you don't need to be MENSA to work for the government !! :)

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Balaamsass-I remember, something about the medical records thing brought up at a meeting. There was something mentioned about a sister having an abortion and a sister in the medical records dept. of the facility coming across it. She demanded that the offending sister bring it up to the elders, or else. I remember being outraged at the time, that someone would violate medical confidentality rights.

The issue was that we need to keep the cong. clean, therefore, violating human laws was a requirement for 'those in the know'.

CJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit