All of you should start a splinter JW group..

by fortbethel 87 Replies latest social humour

• ziddina
    ziddina

You're absolutely right, DGP...

I stand corrected...

A-HEM!! "Top GALS"!!!

And dgp can be the "Enforcer" - otherwise known as "Top Gun". Whether or not that implies any prowess in the sexual arena, I'll leave that up to HIM to explain...

But WE GALS will be in the lead!

naner naner boo boo!!

• dgp
    dgp

All right, in that case, let me control the money and call me "Top Machine Gun". Or, "The Canon Guy"?

• dgp
    dgp

Zid: "You keep the faith, I'll keep the money".

• glenster
    glenster

The religion of weird poetry.

I am he as you are he as they are them and so are we and why not--that's what I
    want to know...they are the Eckerd, I am the Walmart, goop gloppy gloop
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG73Pk1yUj8

• N.drew
    N.drew

You get the king's daughter. It's not me. Oh, ya, glenster.

It's a fairy tale.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

If the forum was filled with like minded people who, say, agreed with the Society's basic theology but who disliked the organization itself, your suggestion would make sense to me. But none of this is true. Perhaps you're considering such a move and want to see who's interested?

BTW, I'm an atheist. Why would a relgious splinter group interest me? There are plenty of other atheists on the board, too. There are also a lot of religious believers who disagree on what this splinter group would do and teach if it interested them. We're hardly a united bunch.

We're not even completely united in our dislike of the Society. If you look, you will find that some do, at least occasionally, have something positive to say about the org. Some hate it, some merely dislike it (like me), but some think it wasn't completely bad. They don't post too much, though. :-)

For what it's worth, it might interest you to know that a splinter group was formed in my area a couple decades ago. I have no idea what became of them since this was before my time as a JW. The story is that they started sitting at the back of the KH and simply staring at everyone as they came in. Since this version comes from JWs at that hall, I can't say what their real motives were. But they were finally kicked out when the elders grew weary of it and called the cops.

Some suspected that they went back to being "Bible Students" or "Russellites" (spelling?) who want a return to CTZ's original ideas. I'm not really sure how much of it is true.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Hi guys; here's Wikipedia's list of JW splinter groups:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah%27s_Witnesses_splinter_groups

• glenster
    glenster

According to the good Lord:

Thou shalt not write the programming code for pop-ups or use browser hogs for
    anything but sacrifices.

Thou shalt design recreational drugs and cigarettes that don't impair
    abilities so nobody gives money to organized crime or tax collectors for them.

Thou shalt not make AMD CPUs worse than Intel's or monitors that aren't good
    at both color and speed. Hasten with thine quantum processors and QD-OLEDs.

There will be a final revelation unless you issue alternative energy sources
    that don't ruin the ecology. Stop blaming me for that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit