All of you should start a splinter JW group..

by fortbethel 87 Replies latest social humour

• still thinking
    still thinking

come on guys...I think he's actually suggesting an investment opportunity...theres $$$$$$$ to be made in selling God...if your that much of an ass**le

• ekruks
    ekruks

Err....... I can see the idea of the splinter group, and would have been keen to join about 4 years ago, but then I would have been hindered by the grip the faith held....... now, I'm rather agnostic - I think it's prone to problems when a flawed, imperfect human being sets himself up to dictate the morals of another; too much power.......

• N.drew
    N.drew

It's fortbethel. Fort, like against the attack of the funny apostates.

• N.drew
    N.drew

too...much....power...

• N.drew
  • shamus100
    shamus100

HAHAHAHA!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

** wipes away a tear **

I'm not laughing at you, I'm just laughing at the entire premise. ;D Oh hell, this calls for a smiley.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

I'm an atheist. And it's not because of the Watchtower or JWs, it's because I've done my research and came to that conclusion independently. Why would I want to start a splinter group? Seems like that would make me as phony as Charles Taze Russell or L. Ron Hubbard.

Anything the Watchtower offers "worth hanging on to" (i.e., "hey, war kinda sucks, doesn't it?") can be believed and practiced without the need for a fringe group to lay down the law.

Many people here are angry because they've been hurt, and some of them will go on being angry for a long time, and that's their right. Anger has been the motivating force behind nearly every social issues/civil rights movement that has ever brought about change and progress. It can be a positive thing and a force for change. Who are you to stand in the way of that? If you're not angry, good for you. Go on not being angry. But where the fuck do you get off telling people who have lost their families and friends to "get over it, move on, get a life, losers!" I don't agree with everybody here's attitude or approach or philosophy...but they'll heal in their own due time, or maybe they won't at all. But as long as they're not harming anybody or infringing upon anybody's civil rights, it's none of my goddamn business, or yours, to dictate whose feelings are or are not valid.

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

I think the principal that applies here is that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. The amount of vitriol aimed at the watchtower is proportional to the harm it has caused. Some members recognise it for the farce that it is and treat it as one big joke, how can it have any hold over you when you can't help but laugh at it. For others the pain is more raw. Certainly whatever the reaction, the experience was enough to put people off the idea for life.

As for salvaging the least lunatic facets of the doctrine, we have an expression here in the UK.

You can't polish a turd.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul
    You posted in the wrong area- there is a "Jokes and Humor" section where you can put this, maybe one of the mods can move it for you.

LOL @ LostGeneration

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Hey lets say we were going to start a NEW group. What would we name it?

I will try a few:

Apostate Dubs, Aposticals, Apostates United, TTATT Borg, Aposta Kool-Aid Drinkers, The Apostate Way, Not Apostates Org, Rebels Without A Cause,

Awake Dubs, The Enlightened, Apostate Witnesses,

I'm trying not to take Gods name in vain, I'll let you atheists do that Sense you have no fear of him

I'll stand back,

Peace out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit