School for Congregation Elders

by C.O.B.E.Beef 118 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

This :

“ Brothers , if the slave asks you to do something that seems wrong in Jehovahs eyes, and you obey, how does that leave you with Jehovah? That’s right, your good with Jehovah. The slave will account to Jehovah for their decisions.”

Versus what Jesus said :

" L ET them be. Blind guides is what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.” - Mt. 15:14

and the argument that the FDS is a group taken from an illustration Jesus gave is bollocks...

Ostensibly we were/and should

" Y OU were bought with a price; stop becoming slaves of men." - 1 Cor. 7:23

and ask ourselves whether WE as individuals are "faithful and discreet" from Jehovah's perspective and not according to those who as the apostate man of lawlessness ->FDS " ...became discreet in THEIR own eyes. " - Ro. 12:16 and have supplanted and in anti- or instead-of-christ-like manner have blocked the real way-truth-and-life, Jesus.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I'm sure the Catholics would say:

GOD (God, Jesus, HG)

Vatican

Cardinals

Bishops

Priests

Parishioners

We've been knocking them for 130 years.

George

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

“ Brothers , if the slave asks you to do something that seems wrong in Jehovahs eyes, and you obey, how does that leave you with Jehovah? That’s right, you're good with Jehovah. The slave will account to Jehovah for their decisions.” “ You see, Jehovah can bless any decision made by the slave, even if it is a bad one, but he will never bless your disobedience to his organization.”

BUT, how does that leave you with your fellow man if what you did (at the direction of the "slave") caused him some kind of hurt, pain, or personal damage? It seems the "slave" easily sacrifices the individual to spare or promote the Organization. Isn't that a violation of the 2nd greatest commandment -- love of fellow man? In WT World, love of GB or Org. comes 1st! NEVER disobey the Organization.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

So, the Publishers are directly subordinate to the " Legal Entities" i e WB&TS before the GB or Jesus and Jehovah?

Why not call themselves Watchtower Witnesses. if that is what they are? They do claim to be different to that - at least to the public.

WT 98 3/15 p19

In order to avoid misunderstandings, Jehovah’s Witnesses try to be careful about how they express themselves. Instead of saying, “the Society teaches,” many Witnesses prefer to use such expressions as, “the Bible says” or, “I understand the Bible to teach.” In this way they emphasize the personal decision that each Witness has made in accepting Bible teachings and also avoid giving the false impression that Witnesses are somehow bound to the dictates of some religious sect. Of course, suggestions as regards terminology should never become a subject of controversy. After all, terminology is of importance only to the extent that it prevents misunderstandings. Christian balance is required. The Bible admonishes us “not to fight about words.” (2 Timothy 2:14, 15) The Scriptures also state this principle: “Unless you through the tongue utter speech easily understood, how will it be known what is being spoken?”

• minimus
    minimus

sounds like the catholic hierachy, doesn't it?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

thanks for the post!! glad you are outFS

• cult classic
    cult classic

WT 98 3/15 p19

In order to avoid misunderstandings, Jehovah’s Witnesses try to be careful about how they express themselves. Instead of saying, “the Society teaches,” many Witnesses prefer to use such expressions as, “the Bible says” or, “I understand the Bible to teach.” In this way they emphasize the personal decision that each Witness has made in accepting Bible teachings and also avoid giving the false impression that Witnesses are somehow bound to the dictates of some religious sect. Of course, suggestions as regards terminology should never become a subject of controversy. After all, terminology is of importance only to the extent that it prevents misunderstandings. Christian balance is required. The Bible admonishes us “not to fight about words.” (2 Timothy 2:14, 15) The Scriptures also state this principle: “Unless you through the tongue utter speech easily understood, how will it be known what is being spoken?”

The inability of most JWs to read this without WT glasses is a huge problem for them.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I agree cult classic, I read it today and it screamed CULT!

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Did they take lessons from Jim Jones?

Bangalore

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

@found sheep- Sorry if my words misled you, I am still very much "in" for now, just not worshipping anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit