School for Congregation Elders

by C.O.B.E.Beef 118 Replies latest jw friends

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

pAradise beauty,

Welcome and it is nice to meet you. Many Jehovahs Witnesses feel the same as you do. Of course, there are a few things to consider.

1) How old is too old to consider relevant? In other words, what is the expiration of food at the proper time? 5 years? 10 years? 20 years? 50 years? Do any of those time periods matter to Jehovah? If they are not relevant to you, but to someone else they were, would you feel their feelings are justified?

2) COBE's experience is his. But it is related to many others here who have served or are serving. See that meeting with hundreds of elders, creates the culture that then stretches across multiple congregations and circuits. If someone "goes rougue", they certainly were not put in their place.

3) The "feeling" of the publications is highly subjective. For example, i would suggest that the publications have become much more duplicitous. Giving the impression of personal responsability, while simultaneously making your salvation dependant on association with a particular group of people whos doctrine is subject to change at any time.

4) I respecfully disagree with your idea that freedom is not denied by the self appointed slave class my friend. If I celebrate my sons birthday and do so with a clean conscience, I am disfellowshipped. If I take a forbidden blood product and do not repent despite the fact i have studied it at length and my conscience allows it, I would be shunned. There is no freedom in the congregation. Most born in it (such as myself), don't even know what freedom is.

May I ask in the spirit of kindness and sincerity, what brings you to our site? I am not disfellowshipped. Just a person concerned with how things are going, that allowed myself the time to research outside of what i always held to be true without question. "Men" did not stumble me....reality did. :)

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

This was only the begining for my family.....we are free now.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I just read this thread now as I missed it when it was first posted...

Wow...just wow....

Yes, I am just a "mere MS", so Im way down that list...but not like the "trash publishers"..

(Im being sarcastic by the way)

Well, in the last three years since this thread was started, things are only getting worse!

Remember that WT quote: "we must do whatever the slave tells us, even if it doenst appear sound from a human standpoint"

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

C.O.B.E.-Wonderful news about you and your family! Congratulations!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

And so whatever became of our "friend" and "brother", Paradise Beauty?

Ran off with his tail between his legs, I suppose.

Doc

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

Thank you to this forum...

• freddo
    freddo

Hi COBE you have a pm.

And do the elders leave you alone now?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

So glad this was bumped. The pecking order is quite obvious in this cult. My spouse and I ALWAYS felt just not good enough to be a member. I wish I could share with you some of our recent experiences with our still in family. The bragging and arrogance is through the roof. It will/has been noticed by so many and will/has reduced the cult numbers. Karma is awesome!!! Grab your popcorn and watch the decline!!!!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I think they missed out Public relations and Financial department should be above FDS!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit