School for Congregation Elders

by C.O.B.E.Beef 118 Replies latest jw friends

• a watcher
    a watcher

AlwaysBusy

• cha ching
    cha ching

LogCon: Haha haha... "idea" / "teaching" ?

Yay!!! I can't remember any more!!

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

@ Listener:

Sorry but quotes form such old publications are not relevant. Not to me at least.

The organisation has changed a lot lately. The "feeling" of the publications and the advice given has also changed.

I thing there is a bigger emphasis on personal choices and responsability for personal decisions, more freedom, and recognision of each person's individuality.

This is the new "feeling" of the publications.

However, for some it is difficult to adapt and to see the change, most people in the congregations did not change their way of thinking. And in the congregations it is difficult to deal with those kind of people, they are the big majority and you need courage and strength to keep your individuality and your freedom (things that are not denied to you by God or by the slave/the people who write the publications).

PS: my first language is not english, so sorry if I made any mistakes ...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Paradisebeauty, WELCOME!!!!

With all due respect the old publications are relevant in the extreme. They are the basis for the long history of true prophecy/proof that God uses the WTBTS exclusively. When a JW is confronted with an inconvenient reality, the default defense is often," The SLAVE has always provided accurate information. Look how everything "Jehovah" said came true!!"

There is no possible way that any organizations history is not relevant. You may not know the actual history or care, but it is relevant. Also, the "Slave" does indeed encroach on personal freedoms. They do it all the time. In fact, when they demand obedience, even when wrong, they are encroaching on your freedoms. When they print that you won't gain life unless you obey THEM as the voice of God, they encroach on your freedom. When the BOE decides to mark those who disagree with the slaves "ideas", thereby causing family divisions and loss of friends, that is oppressive and freedom robbing behavior.

You should change your avatar to Cleopatra, because you are the queen of denial.

DD

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

@ paradisebeauty "...Sorry but quotes form such old publications are not relevant. Not to me at least."

But the time will come.

Take me for example. When I was a young boy, old pubs were not relevant for me. I believed every thing from the slave.

Also this statement:

“If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things . Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the “last days” in 1914, Jesus foretold: “This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.”-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!” Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

Today this old pub is relevant for me. It shows - that all the writings from the slave about the end is near - just around the corner - are a lie.

So I have got my personal freedom with NOT obeying blind.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

The old publications are relevant because they reveal a pattern of behavior. For instance, the ban on organ transplants in 1967 being lifted in 1980, under the guise of now being a "conscience matter". Sound familiar? Eventually you start to realize that the Society clearly has no idea what it's doing interpreting the Bible, nor will they apologize for any lost lives that they caused along the way while looking for "new light".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DATA: You should change your avatar to Cleopatra, because you are the queen of denial.

Cleopatra -- Queen of De-Nile

>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Doc

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

PARADISE BEAUTY: Sorry but quotes form such old publications are not relevant. Not to me at least.

I'm calling BULLSHIT on you dude.

Those old publications such as those quotes from Fast.Jehu were sold to us as the undeniable communiction from GOD. That's Right! Not some suggestion or possibility or likelihood. GOD SAID THOSE THINGS THROUGH HIS ONLY CHANNEL OF COMMUNICATION, THE F&DS/GB of Jehovahs Witnesses.

That's the same shit they are saying today! OBEY OBEY OBEY WITHOUT QUESTION EVEN IF IT SEEMS UNREASONABLE.

You better get your shit together and come to realize the truth about it all (TTATT) before the best years of your life are flushed down the JW Drain too.

The only good thing about gullible dumbasses like you is that it makes me feel much better about being a gullible dumbass myself for over 30 years.

Doc

• Splash
    Splash

"Old quotes are not relevant."

Define "old".

Teachings are changing so rapidly that even things from 1 or 2 years ago are now out of date, redundant, or 'false'.

When a religion is based on such shifting sands, it has no foundation. Noone knows what to believe anymore. The religion has contradicted itself into incredulity - it no longer can claim any authority since it changes monthly.

What fool would build on sand?

Splash

• apostatememer
    apostatememer

It is fascinating reading this thread from the beginning... prior to "new light"... which was obviously" revealed " quite some time before the GB told the sheep. If it all wasn't so terribly sad it would be funny. How long do they think they can keep up this charade? Nothing is secret all is revealed. Today's world leaves nothing hidden... unless you choose not to look.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit