School for Congregation Elders

by C.O.B.E.Beef 118 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

In regards to the hierarchy that was written on the board, I can recall this kind of sentiment expressed at Bethel on numerous occasions. I can tell you that there is a sense of pride that exists among rank & file Bethelites at giving unwavering allegiance to men. When I was going through my orientations, another new Bethelite and I were sitting in the office of a very prominent brother who is now on the U.S. Branch Committee. I will leave out his name. He was speaking to us about loyalty to the faithful slave. He related that he loved music by Pavarotti. He went on to say that if the brothers told him he could no longer listen to Pavarotti, that he would gladly throw it all into the trash. At the time, I thought that he was a fine example of spirituality. Now I look back and shudder to think that a man like this now has one of the most powerful positions in the organization.

There is an atmosphere of what I call “consensual stupidity” within the organization. Jehovah’s Witnesses are actually conditioned to view themselves as “spiritual” if they are willing to NOT think, and blindly follow orders. Complete compliance with a lack of critical thinking is considered praiseworthy in the organization. All we have to do is look at history to see that no society like this can flourish forever. Just like Soviet Union, they will eventually have to face a collision course with reality.

• flipper
    flipper

C.O.B.E. BEEF- Welcome to the board ! And welcome to freedom of mind and expression ! Unbelievable how arrogant the WT society teaches these elders and rank and file JW's to be. " How does it feel to be the only people on the planet who can never be wrong ? " Unbelievably scary that these folks hold power over 7 million JW's. This is dangerous folks. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Kobe Beef (great name!): Wow. First, thank you for sharing this. You are clearly an intelligent and articulate guy and a critical thinker to boot. It's amazing that the WTS has the gall to demonize the Catholic Church for their hierarchy when they know damn well their own hierarchy is alive and well. I'm interested in knowing more about what you'll do with this final nail in the coffin--when and if you're comfortable talking about it.

Has any other elder/former elder seen the same hierarchial chart written out so explicitly on the board? I'd be curious to know if this is an official part of the curriculum or just the brain wave of one particular instructor -- having it written out like that, not the hierarchy itself which we all know is a reality...

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Cadellin wrote:

Has any other elder/former elder seen the same hierarchial chart written out so explicitly on the board? I'd be curious to know if this is an official part of the curriculum or just the brain wave of one particular instructor

I also have this question about the verbatim quotes. Were these just his thoughts, or are these quotes possibly part of an outline that other elders here also heard when they attended the school?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

COBE BEEF - I was squirming in my chair at school also- But it was my LAST. I stepped down a few months ago, feel so much better, and haven't been to a meeting in over a month. It gets easier bro and we have to remember "who we go to" - Jesus Christ, not "where", ie, men. (John 6:68)

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

“ Brothers , if the slave asks you to do something that seems wrong in Jehovahs eyes, and you obey, how does that leave you with Jehovah? That’s right, your good with Jehovah. The slave will account to Jehovah for their decisions.”

“ You see, Jehovah can bless any decision made by the slave, even if it is a bad one, but he will never bless your disobedience to his organization.”

“ How does it feel to be the only people on the planet who can never be wrong?”

Have you any idea how dangerous this line of thinking is? This is what gets people to blow themselves up for allah, this is what makes people slaughter children for gods sake.

What the instructor is saying, what the Watchtower is SAYING is that if you were told by the Governing body to kill your 'rebel' child you are OK WITH GOD!

This is how terrorists convince people to commit crimes.

THIS NEEDS TO GET TO THE F.B.I everything that man said, will be in writing from the FDS somewhere...

oz

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

“ Brothers , if the slave asks you to do something that seems wrong in Jehovahs eyes, and you obey, how does that leave you with Jehovah? That’s right, your good with Jehovah. The slave will account to Jehovah for their decisions.”

that sounds awfully close to the nuremberg trials.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    He went on to say that if the brothers told him he could no longer listen to Pavarotti, that he would gladly throw it all into the trash. At the time, I thought that he was a fine example of spirituality. Now I look back and shudder to think that a man like this now has one of the most powerful positions in the organization.

Your right Jeremy. Reading all of the stories about Bethel on this site and Freeminds I was struck that those who were able to advance to higher positions were those they (the Powers that be) could trust to toe the line. One overseer at Bethel actually explained to an outside freelancer they called in to help out with some illustrating problems that they could not use an expensive piece of printing equippment until they found someone who 'was spiritually mature' .

And it is like the old Soviet Union or China under Mao.

Great Post C.O.B.E you brought some heat!

• loosie
    loosie

so I guess your personal relation ship isn't with god but with the F&DS... what a crock. I wish i could send this brothers quote to my friends but they wouldn't believe me.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Brothers , if the slave asks you to do something that seems wrong in Jehovahs eyes, and you obey, how does that leave you with Jehovah? That’s right, your good with Jehovah. The slave will account to Jehovah for their decisions.
    You see, Jehovah can bless any decision made by the slave, even if it is a bad one, but he will never bless your disobedience to his organization.
    How does it feel to be the only people on the planet who can never be wrong?

Well, that certainly makes ME feel like praying... to the Porcelain god! GAG!!!

Thanks for sharing this, dear COBE Beef... and p eace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA, who simply cannot grasp how everyone in the room didn't just get up and leave after that...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit