School for Congregation Elders

by C.O.B.E.Beef 118 Replies latest jw friends

• Watchtower-Free
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

WOW - not seen this thread before. I should be surprised at the arrogance of it all but I no longer am surprised by anything said by elders, especially at events like schools.

COBE - did you ever post your notes/handouts?

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

@konceptual- I havent posted my other notes yet, Im not sure how interesting they would be but I may do it if I find the time to scan them.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey COBE,

This thread is one of the first I read a year ago. i lurked for a while after it, but much of what you passed on I simply could not ignore. Thank you for taking the time to write it. I know you aren't around here much, but your contribution was valueable to me personally, and I just wanted to acknowledge you for that.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

cheers @cobe - not to worry. If there's not much of interest then don't waste your time. What are you doing now? Do you still attend?

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Excellent Post! Missed it the first few times around.

Now that we have new understanding of the FDS - I wonder where the anointed would be on that list.

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

Thanks Problemaddict for sharing that with me. Im glad it helped you in some way. I check in here quite a bit but Im a busy dad and usually too tired to formulate a coherent post .

@konceptual- No I dont attend anymore, its been over 6 months. Once my wife woke up it was unbearable for us and unacceptable to subject our kids to it. We havent been outspoken but we drew a hard line and just couldnt fake any of it. I still get alot of heat from the elders but hopefully ignoring them will discourage them.

Other than that, life is good. Thanks for asking!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

How did you successfully wake up your wife?

• Mum
    Mum

That was quite an experience, COBE. I'm so glad it woke you up; that makes it worth listening to that drivel. I would add to their list the following:

ameobae

pond scum (got this one from Farkel)

worldly people

married sisters

single sisters

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

@crazyguy- Im not sure I can give a thorough answer to that right now because Im putting my kids to sleep. I sometimes wonder why my wife woke up much easier than many of the accounts I read about on here. I definately dont think anything I did was special. In fact I think I went too fast according to most advice I have heard.

It seems to me that particular reasoning and logic you use is secondary to your approach and to the perspective of the listener.

I focused on my relationship with my wife. I love her , so I acted like it. I love my kids, so I acted like it. She never viewed me as a threat. I made it a point to talk about ( non-JW ) uncomfortable topics often, in a way that made awkwardness feel normal. Being cynical , asking questions, laughing at me ( daddy ) is OK. My human wife is who I wanted out of the cult, so the human is who I appealed to.

That being said, I never hid my emotions from her . When a meeting pissed me off, she knew it. Not because I counted off the reasons why, but because She could see it on my face.

When she was ready, she would ask why...

My answers were always focused on our kids.

My thought was , the WT has made outrageous claims. Not me. Im not trying to prove anything , but they are , every thursday and sunday. The plaintiff holds the burden of proof even in the human justice system.

Im just an imperfect husband and father who wants the best for his family. I dont know all the answers, but I wont demonise all the questions.

Is " The Truth" the one good thing our parents got right, or do imperfect people pass on imperfect lifestyles?

IMO , the witnesses got something right , and that is, They're just imperfect men , its all we have . This concept shouldnt be applied to just the GB...

but to the human race.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit