School for Congregation Elders

by C.O.B.E.Beef 118 Replies latest jw friends

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

I attended the school late last year, and it was an emotional and mental rollercoaster for me. I was already divided in my heart to say the least. One of the instructors stayed in my home for the week, and my family genuinely enjoyed his company. I found both instructors to be very friendly and warm on a personal level, and from the platform they were superb teachers.

As the week began I remember thinking that this could be a turning point for me, either restoring my trust in the slave or hammering the last nail in the coffin.

Admittedly, I enjoyed certain aspects of the school. But, it was less the curriculum than it was visiting with brothers I hadn’t seen in some time and the food was actually really good.

The afternoon session featured a part on organization and the “JW pecking order” was written out on a dry erase board on the stage behind the instructor as follows;

JEHOVAH

JESUS

F & DS

LEGAL ENTITIES

BRANCH

DISTRICT

CIRCUIT

ELDERS

PUBLISHERS

This was written on the board each day of the school, even though a few days didn’t even have parts referring to it , it was still re-written. I think it bothered me most when it wasn’t referred to, it was a giant , looming, not-so subliminal billboard demanding obedience and submission.

As I stared at it each day it dawned on me how far removed the average JW is from Jehovah and Jesus. As an organization who tells me they offer the closest possible relationship with God, the picture they drew for me on that dry erase board begged to differ. Having this diagram of how to reach God written 5 days in a row burned me like a branding iron. For the first time in my life , I felt like there must be a shorter route to Jehovah.

On Thursday , a few statements from the instructor were made that may prove to be the “nail in the coffin” at least mentally for me. These are a nearly verbatim recollection of his statements;

“ Brothers , if the slave asks you to do something that seems wrong in Jehovahs eyes, and you obey, how does that leave you with Jehovah? That’s right, your good with Jehovah. The slave will account to Jehovah for their decisions.”

“ You see, Jehovah can bless any decision made by the slave, even if it is a bad one, but he will never bless your disobedience to his organization.”

“ How does it feel to be the only people on the planet who can never be wrong?”

As a scriptural reference for a command that seems wrong, the account of Abraham being told to offer Isaac was cited.

This information was not new to me but for some reason it seemed to cast new light on my life .

We are not just a sincere group of bible students with the occasional overly eager expectation for the end, and a few embarrassing pictures of Rutherford.

With the issue of “ right and wrong” taken away from me , all that’s left is allegiance to the Effin DS.

The slave has put themselves in a position to demand the same sacrifice that Abraham was by Jehovah. They have already done so in a practical sense with disfellowshipped family members.

I would not pass that test.

My lifelong practice of unwittingly worshipping men has come to an end.

Thanks for listening.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Wow. At least Abraham supposedly directly spoke with God. The complete lack of humility and smug arrogance is sickening.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

What a mis-application of the Abraham & Isaac attempted sacrifice! That at least had an illustrative purpose. And--at least according to the common explanation--both were willing parties.

What does that have to do with the GB being absolutely wrong about things!

I noticed they did NOT ask the question, "How would God view you if YOU were RIGHT and the GB were wrong?"

Finally, what's with the whole FDS myth. I never really sank in until recently, there is not even an attempted explanation of how the anointed throughout the world are supposed to be involved in leading and directing this organization! It's just the GB and their favorite go-to cronies.

Speaking of that, isn't it interesting the Governing Body isn't even listed on the chart which was posted ever day!

What's up with that?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Wow, the average publishers has to go through 8 layers to get to Jehovah.

Such nonsense! Funny I believed this crap for a while.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Can you see the corporate structure here?

JEHOVAH

JESUS

F & DS

LEGAL ENTITIES

BRANCH

DISTRICT

CIRCUIT

ELDERS

PUBLISHERS

Kinda makes you want to hurl.....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JEHOVAH

JESUS

F & DS

LEGAL ENTITIES

BRANCH

DISTRICT

CIRCUIT

ELDERS

PUBLISHERS

DEAD DOGS

..................;-)...OUTLAW

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

That's a great post C.O.B.E. Beef!

"You see, Jehovah can bless any decision made by the slave, even if it is a bad one, but he will never bless your disobedience to his organization"

Oh please. Even when we're wrong we're right. That's such a Christian attitude.

• zoiks
    zoiks

My lifelong practice of unwittingly worshipping men has come to an end.

Good for you. Enjoy your freedom.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

LOL seems like they left a few on the hierachy out - and some of the nuances.

JEHOVAH

JESUS

GOVERNING BODY!!!

F & DS

LEGAL ENTITIES

BRANCH

DISTRICT

CIRCUIT

SENIOR BETHELITES

COBE

ELDERS ON SERVICE COMMITTEE

ELDERS

JUNIOR BETHELITES

SPECIAL PIONEERS

MINI SERVS

REGULAR PIONEERS

AUXILARY PIONEERS

PUBLISHERS

DEAD DOGS

PUBLISHERS WHO NEED HELP

SINGLE SISTERS

NEW ANNOINTED NOT ON GB

• Gayle
    Gayle

This list has always existed except for "legal entities" and maybe "branch." When did that start?! Not surprised! Actually, in reality, "legal entities" should show as a partnership to the F&DS. With all these lawsuits coming at the F&DS world over, the "Legal Entities" will be the ones 'directing' the F&DS/work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit