Stupid suggestion from Study Conductor

by roxanesophia 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

Maybe I missed something but....

Why don't you just end the study if you have no intention of becoming a JW?

Tell Sister Hitler, "Look, it's been nice and all, but I don't wish to continue. Thanks for your time. Goodbye."

You don't owe anyone an explanation for anything.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

"Going to the convention in a bad mood and showing absolutely no interest and maybe after those 3 days of misery I won't even have to tell her I'm not studying anymore. "

Attending it would be showing your study conductor that there's still a chance you might join. That would definitely set her hopes up. Please consider that if you do attend, it'll be harder to tell her you want to quit the 'bible study'. I agree with sizemik & the rest of the posters. "The time has come...just say NO."

• TheyCantDoATing Man
    TheyCantDoATing Man

I don't mean to get at you, but it sounds like you are being bullied and you just need to tell them to f!ck off. Life is way too short to be worrying about this nonsense! Take back your life, you seem almost in fear of these people and the time has come for you to move on.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I agree with Slidin Fast. Yes I believe she truly does care for you. But she is brainwashed! She truly believes you are on the path to destruction and she is trying to get you into the organization so you'll be saved. She believes that is the only way to save you. So yes....I think she DOES care about you and will do anything to get you to see things her way. The point I am making though....is that it does not matter whether she likes you or not. What matters is ......is that religion really the truth? It doesn't matter if she cares about you or how nice she is to you. Are JWs the one and only true religion in the world? If not then everything else is window dressing.

Look. I once knew a man that seemed like the sweetest guy ever. Nice. Helpful. Outgoing. But then I learned that he was also a white supremacist. Like I said....was he nice? Yes. But that doesn't mean his views were right. Should I change my views to match his just because he and his friends are nice to me? Is that the RIGHT thing to do? If you don't agree with the JW's lying about their history and covering over their failed prophecies then be sure not to fall for their "love" trap. Remember, niceness is often nothing more than a mask that hides many other serious flaws.

Don't go to the motel with her. That is step 1 of a 2 step process to get you to the full 3 days of the convention. Yes she'll tell you....."oh you can just stay at the motel". But do you really think it will end there? Do you really think she'll let that happen? Once you get to the motel....she'll start using the assumptive approach. She'll say something like "WHEN WE get to the convention site tomorrow....." This may not seem like a big deal.....but psychologically she is already preparing your mind to make the decision to go with her in the morning. And when she gets to the motel.....she'll know a ton of other people there. She'll plant the seed into their heads that she's convinced you to go to the motel but not the convention. In JW land that triggers a reaction amongst everyone else like honeybees protecting their hive. They will all take the hint and when given the opportunity....bombard you with "love" and invitations to go to the convention the next day. Remember....the more people that flock to you....the harder it will be for you to say no. They know this and they are counting on this. And they'll word it in such a way that it will be difficult foryou to decline. They won't say "so...are you going tomorrow or not?" They'll say....."hey your study asked if you guys could ride in our SUV to the convention tomorrow. I think that sounds great! We'll leave at 7:30 and go to Bob Evans for breakfast. I can't wait to see you in the morning!" See what I mean? This approach makes it very difficult for someone in your position to say no without sounding like a biaaatch.

DO NOT GO TO THE MOTEL

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

This certainly isnt' meant to be insulting.....but honestly....if you haven't had the nerve to firmly end your bible study with her yet.....how do you really think you'll do AT a motel....surrounded by JW's urging you to go with them to the convention?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Be firm, stand your ground and tell your bully NO!

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I think she's still studying because she really wants to be her friend. I may be wrong, but the OP might not have friends and that's why she's going through the bible study.

OP, if I'm right. Cut your losses and move on. You'll find other friends. You just have to be more sociable. There are better ways to make friends.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Rox, if you need a friend I can be one. A real friend doesn't pressure you to do something you just don't want to do like drugs, drinking, or joining a crazy cult.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

It sounds like this bible study is a pretty destructive force in your life. Why do you continue it?

I was at an assembly some years ago when I had the mother of all panic attacks. It was brought on by some guilt trip from the platform. The sister I was with didn't know what to do so she took me to first aid. They had no idea what to do and sat me in a chair and just stared at me like I was crazy. It didn't help the situation, and made it worse. The sister that I rode with had to take me straight home, so she didn't get to do the after assembly dinner thing. Her resentment was very evident. More guilt, more crying. I actually have a picture of myself that day after the attack. My face is red and my eyes were swollen. My hair was a mess.

Don't let her pull that first aid crap on you. I think there was a time when it was manned by people with medical knowledge. Now because of lawsuits, they are simply an area with a sign. There is no help there. And trust me, if you get really sick and need to go home, that sister will resent you for years.

NC

• Cinciguy74
    Cinciguy74

I have to agree with many of the comments here. Why are you continuing to study with this person if you realize that the information she is providing you is false?

If you cannot handle confrontation, I know many who cannot, simply send her a letter asking her to no longer visit. State in it that you no longer wish to have any association with her.

If you dont mind confrontation, get a copy of Crisis Of Conscience and tell her that you will study with her, if she will study with you. I promise she will be running full speed towards the door.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit