Stupid suggestion from Study Conductor

by roxanesophia 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ziddina
    ziddina

Roxanne, I'd suggest consulting with some of the most effective Anti-Witnesses on this site and ask them for "ammo"...

Pdf's and copies and websites that will bring up inconsistencies and unexplainable flip-flops, unfulfilled prophecies, and so on...

Then, whenever you have ANY contact with a JW, bring up those issues. Or as someone else suggested, obtain a copy of Ray Franz' "Crisis of Conscience" and bring up items from that book - or just wave it under their noses...

That should take care of them...

Zid hearts and flowers she devil dragontears

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Invite her around, but tell her she has to bring her laptop & WT library or a CD to install it in your computer.

Make it clear that she is not welcome without them.

Do not get into a discussion on why.

If she shows up without them ..... tear a strip off her for not respecting your request and do not let her in the door.

Now that she is in the door, the only thing you want, is for her to write up a list of years of the Neo-Babylonian Empire, from Nebuchadnessar to Nabonidus, showing which king reigned in each year, using the lengths of reigns given in the WT library.

Hint. To get those lengths, all she has to do is search the Library for the names of the kings with words like 'years' and 'reigned'. She can find much of what she needs in one Watchtower. 1/1/1965.

Make it clear that you are not interested in anything else, and that her continuing to 'study' with you is dependant on her providing you with this list, either right now, or she can go home and do it.

Do not get into a discussion on why.

If she trys giving you a new WT to read saying it is 'all in here' and wants that to be an end of it ..... accept one, then tell her that she can use it to help her draw up her list.

Do not offer to help her, or do it yourself....... and you absolutely must not get sucked into any other subject, or get derailed, by any of the myriad of psychological warfare tricks she has prepared for for these occasions.

If you can't bring youself to do that ......

Threaten her with a restraining/harrasment/stalking order, or whatever you call it where you are.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

...and if she does accept the challenge, insist that she writes down all of the references she uses, so that you can check it for mistakes.

Her list should agree with this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Babylonian_Empire

If it doesn't, she needs to prove why it shouldn't. She needs to show you the mistake because if there isn't one, the Watchtower is wrong, and all the books in the library that the Watchtower disagrees with are right.

You don't have to prove anything. She is the one with the problem and if she can't sort it truthfully and without any trickery, such as diversions, fear of killer gods, insulting your intelligence, or character, etc., you want her off your property.

• roxanesophia
    roxanesophia

Everyone's words of encouragement, and advice is helping A LOT, so a million thank you's for that.
    Black Sheep: that's a great suggestion, and it's exactly what I wanted to do: anti witness. I'm sure you've all had the same yearning to tell people the truth about the truth. I know I do. If I could save ONE person i met in the hall from the Watchtower, I'd be happy.

More updates: She came around to talk to me all about the convention. How it was the "greatest one ever", how I "really missed out", how "new light" was revealed. Then she said "All through the past, the slave class knew things before they happened. So if the slave class is saying the end is very soon, we know it must be."

What is "new light?" supposed to mean?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The 'slave class' has taught that the end is very, very soon longer than they've been teaching there is a 'slave class' - more than a century now and counting.

'New light' = new revealed 'truth.' Often it's been found that 'new light' is rehashed 'old light' that was temporarily discarded in favor of 'newer light' but which has then been discovered not to be 'light' after all. You follow? ;-)

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Regarding their use of the term "new light," here is an explanation:

Watch Tower publications often cite Proverbs 4:18, "The path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established" (NWT) to support their view that there would be an increase in knowledge during "the time of the end", as mentioned in Daniel 12:4. Jehovah's Witnesses state that this increase in knowledge needs adjustments. Watch Tower publications also say that unfulfilled expectations are partly due to eagerness for God's Kingdom and that they do not call their core beliefs into question. [ 16 ] [ 17 ] [ 18 ]

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschatology_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

Read the above link just to step back and see how insane this all is.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    She came around to talk to me all about the convention. How it was the "greatest one ever",

new light" was revealed. Then she said "All through the past, the slave class knew things before they happened.

things before they happen why keep changing the message? I remember 'stay alive in'75'!!

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

" All through the past, the slave class made false prophecies and then blamed the rank and file for believing them."

You should ask her if she can name three things she does not like about Jehovah's Witnesses. If she can't, she's in a cult.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

yeah, I used to know some of the people on the brochure.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

can you believe that women can't wear slacks in the dining room either?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit