How many people watched "The Princess and the Frog?"

by garyneal 150 Replies latest jw experiences

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

If "the Princess and the Frog" was a story about an African girl living in Africa, and it was made into a movie portraying a white girl living in Europe or New Hampshire, there'd be all kinds of hell to pay, for it changing the story.

To be politically correct, Disney has changed a European story, into one about a black American gal living in New Orleans. To modernise the story, they have changed her from a princess to a normal hard-working gal who aspires to owning her own business. And black Americans still have to find fault with it? Really?

Why not just accept it as a modern fairy tale, based on an old European one?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Shelbly,

changed my response above , I was getting heated, had to cool down

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yea, cause Disney ain't never heard of no black kings havin' daughters

maybe far and few but I know there were some, Disney just couldn't

imagine it though

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    I don't believe BP's big a** feet would be able to fit anyones shoes

No need to get personal, girl.

SA, on her own and shaking head over folks who think they have a clue as to this issue. Please...

What's the issue? There's no issue here. Everyone's stating their opinions of the movie, just as I have. And my opinion is just as valid as yours, regardless of anyone's skin colour.

BP, shaking her head at how ppl have to always bring out the race card....

• AGuest
    AGuest
    "What makes you think you know... when it comes to my race?"

I know you've edited that, dear Wuz (again, peace to you), but I think the correct answer is: complete and utter arrogance, tossed with a whole lot of ignorance.

It's like a skinny person... who's never been more than 5 lbs. overweight... trying to tell a fat person (who's possibly been overweight their entire life) that they know what it's "like"... and that the fat person's condition is ALL their fault, there are absolutely NO extenuating circumstances (whether mental or physical) that led to it... of, if there were, they no longer exist... and so any perception that a fat person has, that others are discriminating or acting unfairly toward them... is totally bogus and absolute nonsense. So, the fat one just needs to get over it and "lose weight"... so that they fit in and become "like" everyone else. Which will stop the discrimination/unfair treatment.

Sound right, BP?

Unfortunately, though, history has shown that it's not only not the same... but not as easy... as losing weight...

Peace to you, both!

SA, on her own...

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    Yea, cause Disney ain't never hear of no black kings havin' daughters
    maybe far and few but I know there were some, Disney just couldn't
    imagine it though

Stillblind, had you ever heard of the Princess and the Frog story before it came out in Disney?

• wasblind
    wasblind

you don't wanna start with me BIG FOOT

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Again, I say:

If "the Princess and the Frog" was a story about an African girl living in Africa, and it was made into a movie portraying a white girl living in Europe or New Hampshire, there'd be all kinds of hell to pay, for it changing the story.

To be politically correct, Disney has changed a European story, into one about a black American gal living in New Orleans. To modernise the story, they have changed her from a princess to a normal hard-working gal who aspires to owning her own business. And black Americans still have to find fault with it? Really?

Why not just accept it as a modern fairy tale, based on an old European one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Frog_Prince_(story)

• wasblind
    wasblind

BP,

you constantly make it a point to find fault with shelby

ok so you don't like her , don't read her damn post

you accused her of throwing the race card, if that's

what she thought of the movie, that's her thought

your not gonna change it, so let her be free to say what she feel

don't like what she post, don't read it

• AGuest
    AGuest

LOLOLOLOL! Hoo-whee, now, calm down, girl! LOLOLOLOL! You know I know where you're "at" - LOLOLOLOL! You seriously can't let this stuff get to you, chile, you know that. There's always one or two... or six... WE know that. Our job these days is to try and educate them (if they are teachable on the matter)... which is why I stated WHY I hated the movie (not just said, "It was racist and I didn't like it!"). Sometimes, you just have to let 'em go, though. Unfortunate, but happens.

Admittedly, things ARE better, for some of us (although I don't think a whole lot of folks "down South" would say that... and certainly not pre-Katrina African American New Orleaners - where else in this country, besides Texas and Florida... can the police just randomly shoot/murder people after a major disaster... and get away with it??? And the only reason they didn't is because a nosy reporter smelled a "rat"...)

But it's nowheres near where "they" think they are... or want the rest of the world (which, praise JAH, isn't buying it) to believe? And it only is to "them" because they can only see the "big" picture. They don't see the microcosms. Never have, some of them... and never will.

They don't know, then, can simply cannot understand what we "wanted" - the SAME THING everyone else got. That's all. We didn't get that. We got, as usual, something else... something a little "below." Always have.

Oh, but ah dun fogot: wez dun gon 'n got ar sefs a blak prezdint, now, so'z... we ain't gotz no mo cauz t'be whinin' 'bout nuthin' no mo...

Peace, girl. Truly. Take a breath... and let it all pass right by you. As we've always had to do...

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

SA, on her own...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit