Saw some JWs this am! Couldn't stop laughing

by Free!! 90 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh come on now!!

Do you even know what a 'hennin' is??? [No fair looking it up first!!!]

And now for something completely different...

[to the tune of "Bringing in the Sheaves"...]

"Freaking the mundanes,

Freaking the mundanes...

We all go wassailing, freaking the mundanes!!"

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I could be wrong, it has been a *long* time since I've heard this word... I want to say it's something you wear on your head?

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Should I pressure you to start pursuing my interests? That would be amusing, I think. :)

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Wassail M'Lord!

Sorry to butt in.......I really didnt like Sulla calling CaptainKirk a "PONCE"....here in the Uk its a very derogatory term for a homosexual. But seeing as it was a few pages back, I guess its not relevant........just irritated me thats all. And I needed to say it irritated me.

Thats all really. GiNite folks sleep well all.Im sleepy....

Paula x

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Should I pressure you to start pursuing my interests? That would be amusing, I think. ..."

You're rather too literal, aren't you... Perhaps that explains your strong reaction to a simple story told by Free! - who, I shall state again, did not intend in any way, shape or form to humiliate the woman...

It was a spontaneous, visceral reaction - haven't you ever fallen in the mud, only to have a friend/hiking buddy bust out laughing as you picked yourself up out of the mud puddle??

Humiliating? Yeah, but when one looks back on it - funny as hell, too!!

I mentioned a personal experience, expecting that you had sufficient imagination and/or empathetic capacity to visualize the sorts of responses one can expect from "mundanes" - "worldly" people - when they see something incongruous - anachronistic...

Don't even bother attempting to pick up that "empathetic capacity" and trying to use it against Free!... How many times must we repeat - it was a SPONTANEOUS reaction - and therefore rather difficult to control, especially as it happened ON THE SPUR OF THE MOMENT...

• mrquik
    mrquik

What the hell's a PONCE?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Maybe some folks don't the idea of spontaneous displays of laughter.

ponce

Noun. 1. A contemptible person. 2. An effeminate male. Derog. 3. An ostentatious male. Derog. Verb. To beg or freeload. E.g."He's been poncing off shoppers up the high street, saying he's homeless."

http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/p.htm

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

:::chuckling::: Perhaps I don't get the idea of sponaneous displays of laughter. That is certainly possible. Let's go with that, then. However, I would think that's quite a leap to make simply because I have a different viewpoint. Best of luck because, honestly, I can't continue to explain my point while you refuse to see it. At least I can see your point, even if I don't agree with it. I even tried to joke with zid about her interests and find some common ground. But that's fine. We will just put this down to my not understanding spontaneous laughter.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I do see your point but Free has said over and over that her aim was not to humiliate the woman and at this point no one can prove that she did in fact humiliate the poor little jw. I think the demonization of Free's action is totally unfair and in fact more cruel that her spontaneous laughter. That's my point.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

And a fair point it is. I will leave it at that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit