A concerned JW wrote "mistakes will happen."

by InterestedOne 225 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Here here Nick, I totally agree. There are none so blind as those who (willfully) will not see.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I can't condemn the guy without being a hypocrite. I was willfully ignorant at one time, too. (aka, prejudice) Of course, I also stayed far away from sites like this one.

Who was it that came on here last year as a JW apologist and got a mental bitch-slap that woke him up?

Concerned JW, were you a born-in?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Who was it that came on here last year as a JW apologist and got a mental bitch-slap that woke him up?"

Botswana?

• Concerned JW
    Concerned JW

InterestedOne this topic is whether mistakes are a valid point concerning Jehovah's people. Actually you all agree with me that you don't expect Jehovah's people to be perfect at this time. You are right your question was more of a red herring rather than loaded one trying to deflect me down the route of examining mistakes.

I have yet to hear one valid reason why any of these points invalidates Jehovah's witnesses as God's people. If you accept that mistakes can happen within God's people why then do these mistakes make you leave the witnesses or continue to stay away?

Sweetbabycheezits the articles you quote make the same point that I do concluding that certain prophecies maybe fulfilled is not a sin it is the type of mistakes/errors that are expected to happen and would need refining and do get refined constantly. They are only current understandings on bible prophecy.

What isn't missing from Jehovah's Witnesses is that they do have Jehovah's truth to a degree that makes other religions look hopelessly archaic and blinkered in comparison.

Punkofnice (sorry I got your name wrong) You are missing my point. We have to teach the bible truths to others as we were taught. It is a continual process from person to person and the Bible is there to be used and to keep us straight if we start going away from those truths. That is why I also brought up the example of Philip and the Eunuch who clearly knew the bible but needed Philip to explain it to him.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I have yet to hear one valid reason why any of these points invalidates Jehovah's witnesses as God's people.

THEY PREDICTED THE END OF THE WORLD IN 1975 . . . YOU HAVE THE PROOF FROM THEIR OWN PUBLICATIONS !!!

FROM THEIR OWN PUBLICATION!!! . . .

"True, there have been those in times past who predicted an "end to the world," even announcing a specific date....?. Yet nothing happened. The "end" did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? ? Missing was the full measure of evidence required in fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Missing from such people were God's truths and the evidence that he was guiding and using them." ***Awake! 1968 Oct. 8 p.23 - A Time to Lift Up Your Head in Confident Hope***

FROM THE BIBLE ITSELF!!! . . .

20 But the prophet, that shall speak a word presumptuously in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.

21 And if thou say in thy heart, How shall we know the word which Jehovah hath not spoken?

22 when a prophet speaketh in the name of Jehovah, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which Jehovah hath not spoken: the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously, thou shalt not be afraid of him.

HOW MUCH VALIDATION DO YOU NEED . . . A PERSONAL VISIT FROM THE MOST HIGH HIMSELF????

• Concerned JW
    Concerned JW

Sizemilk 1975 was the date for the 6000 years of God's creative days. It was never an official teaching for Armageddon in fact many were cautioned not to get their hopes up. You won't find it even as an understanding for Armageddon in our publications. It is only mentioned as a vague hope and acknowledge that many ran ahead of the bible in that respect. So 1975 (as a date for Armageddon) wasn't announced as per requirement of your accusation. If you read you own information it clearly shows this.

The Bible requirement of God's people is that they listen to and do what is in Jehovah's word despite being imperfect and liable to make mistakes.

• sizemik
    sizemik

You haven't even read the bloody thread have you?

The proof is here quoted from WTS publications.

And your still spouting the above.

I'm embarrassed for you

It's completely moronic what you are saying.

Sorry . . . has to be said

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Concerned JW wrote:

InterestedOne this topic is whether mistakes are a valid point concerning Jehovah's people. Actually you all agree with me that you don't expect Jehovah's people to be perfect at this time. You are right your question was more of a red herring rather than loaded one trying to deflect me down the route of examining mistakes.

My question cannot be a red herring because I created a new thread to ask it. It is not a diversion. It is a new topic. It would be a red herring if midway through a conversation I brought it up to distract you, but I did no such thing. I started a new thread and only referenced your comment from the other thread to document the fact that you said "mistakes will happen."

If you would like to discuss the significance of the JW organization's mistakes, I think it would be a worthy topic to start a new thread on. Feel free to create a thread about it. My original post on this thread was simply asking you the question as stated. It was not a diversion tactic. Will you please answer my question? It was:

Concerned JW, if mistakes will happen, I was wondering what mistakes you feel the JW organization is currently making? Can you name even one?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It is only mentioned as a vague hope and acknowledge that many (i.e. the WTBTS) ran ahead of the bible in that respect.

Yep, true dat.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    It was never an official teaching for Armageddon in fact many were cautioned not to get their hopes up.....CocernedJW

I can show you WBT$ Literature that Actively Promoted the Date 1975..

Show us One WBT$ Article pre-1975..

That Warns JW`s "AGAINST" Promoting the Date 1975..

Just One..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit