A concerned JW wrote "mistakes will happen."

by InterestedOne 225 Replies latest jw friends

• Alfred
    Alfred

Concerned JW... Did you know that the GB makes policy, interprets scripture and continuously flip-flops on important doctrines, all as a result of an arbitrary 2/3 majority vote? This is why these so-called "mistakes" happen... A 2/3 vote is NOT scriptural... Therefore, the GB is NOT spirit-directed as they would like everyone to believe.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Ironically, the book describes exactly why the GB are that way . . . and that they're TOTALLY HUMAN . . . hopelessly human . . . ie;Godless.

Godless gets my vote sizemik!!

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

ConcernedJW why are you not heeding the warning? w7/15/2011

6 How can we protect ourselves against false teachers? The Bible’s counsel regarding how to deal with them is clear. (Read Romans 16:17; 2 John 9-11.) “Avoid them,”says God’s Word. Other translations render that phrase “turn away from them,” “keep away from them,” and “stay away from them!” There is nothing ambiguous about that inspired counsel. Suppose that a doctor told you to avoid contactwith someone who is infected with a contagious, deadly disease. You would know what the doctor means,
    and you would strictly heed his warning. 7 What is involved in avoiding false teachers? We do not receive them into our homes or greet them.
    We also refuse to read their literature, watch TV programs that feature them, examine their Web sites, or add our comments to their blogs.

If you are happy with your way of worship go & confess your sins to the elders. Leave us mentally diseased apostates alone to exercise our 1st amendment right to inform others & make fun of you.

• besty
    besty
    Mistakes were made
    "Mistakes were made" is an expression that is commonly used as a rhetorical device, whereby a speaker acknowledges that a situation was handled poorly or inappropriately but seeks to evade any direct admission or accusation of responsibility by using the passive voice. The acknowledgement of "mistakes" is framed in an abstract sense, with no direct reference to who made the mistakes. An active voice construction might be along the lines of "I made mistakes" or "John Doe made mistakes." The speaker neither accepts personal responsibility nor accuses anyone else. The word "mistakes" also does not imply intent. The New York Times has called the phrase a "classic Washingtonlinguistic construct." Political consultant William Schneider suggested that this usage be referred to as the "past exonerative" tense, [3] and commentator William Safire has defined the phrase as "[a] passive-evasive way of acknowledging error while distancing the speaker from responsibility for it". [4] While perhaps most famous in politics, the phrase has also been used in business, sports, and entertainment.

Be nice to the ConcernedJW - he is making his points in a reasonable way - lets hope he sticks around until he finds his destination.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Point taken Besty.

Concerned JW I apologize being mentally diseased & all I get carried away.

Since mind control depends on creating a new identity within the individual, cult doctrine always requires that a person distrust his own self. The doctrine becomes the "master program" for all thoughts, feelings, and actions. Since it is the TRUTH, perfect and absolute, any flaw in it is viewed as only a reflection of the believer's own imperfection. He is taught that he must follow the prescribed formula even if he doesn't really understand it. At the same time he is told that he should try to work harder and have more faith so he will come to understand the truth more clearly.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

SIZEMIK - I think you just about summed it up - they are TOTALLY HUMAN, believing their own human beliefs.

As far as using 'imperfection' or 'mistakes' as an EXCUSE to leave...

For the most part, my lifetime of being a JW was GOOD. Everything was FINE. I really do not WANT an excuse to leave. Morality, doing good to others etc etc... ALL GOOD THINGS.

However, the problem with 'THE TRUTH' is....

IT ISN'T TRUE. IT IS A COMPLETE FABRICATION OF THE HUMAN MIND.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Same Here I have lots of good memories and it saved my life as a teenager. I wasn't looking for an excuse to leave either I just learned The Truth about "The Truth". As a JW I learned to stand up for God & his word & that's what I did by leaving.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Who said the WTB$ makes mistakes? Not them! They always blame the rank and file for believing their 'mistakes' in the first place.

Does anyone have a quote from any litter-trash where the WTB$ ACTUALLY admits their 'mistakes'?

Not where they use the old chestnut of 'some had expectations'.....evidently, likely it is logical to conclude!

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Concerned JW, can you please answer the question in my original post which was:

Concerned JW, if mistakes will happen, I was wondering what mistakes you feel the JW organization is currently making? Can you name even one?
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

there must be a trillion illustrations to show why the WTB$ making 'mistakes' is not acceptable.

If my dentist kept messing my teeth up causing extreme pain time after time and blamed me for it I'd go elsewhere.

Goodbye GB!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit