A concerned JW wrote "mistakes will happen."

by InterestedOne 225 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

CJW, let me ask you, how do you feel about the mistakes other religions make? Do those mistakes matter?

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I know of one current inaccuracy that is a real whopper and easy to prove. It's - yet again - one of those instances where JWs arbitrarilly take the road less traveled. For thousands of years, Jews have held Passover on Nisan 15, but JWs insist it's on Nisan 14. I discuss it here, in case any concerned JWs want to see an obvious, current Watchtower inaccuracy (I won't say "mistake", because I'm sure it's been brought to their attention several times). No need for interpretation and no wiggle room on this one. JWs are wrong and the Jews are right. On their only holiday and their most important day of the year, they can't even get the day right - how embarrassing.

Also - I know this viewpoint is unpopular, but I feel it's correct - the rank and file must be held accountable for their idolatry toward the Society and its writings. Putting Watchtowers over Scripture and the personal opinions of 7 old men they've never met and their writing committee over facts is their own fault. The facts that JWs are the most uneducated and lowest-earning denomination in the US betray a deeper problem. Turning over their minds to a cult is merely a symptom of being willfully ignorant and mentally lazy. They allow someone else to do their thinking for them, because they can't be bothered to do it themselves. This is why they're drop-outs, broke-ass losers, and marginally-employable. Granted, there are exceptions, but in my experience, those are few and most of them would be classified as "fringe" JWs.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I can only agree with you, WontLeave. To believe you have come to know the meaning of life after only a few Watchtower bible studies is intellectual sloth.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa..Debator..

Is Back As..

concernedJW..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

To believe you have come to know the meaning of life after only a few Watchtower bible studies is intellectual sloth.

But reading the Watchtower is the equivalent of a college education! NO, it's even better! Take 607 bce for instance. When I went back to college I learned that Jerusalem didn't fall in 607BCE. Well I tried to set my professor straight right away! But then she looked really puzzled and started citing all these experts and silly little books. I just shook my head and told her she needed to get a REAL education. 3 decades as a college professor with a doctorate had made her a slobbering idiot. Even a 6-year-old JW understands history better than her!

NC

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

I think what Concerned JW is trying to tell us is that there are two kinds of mistakes

1. Mistakes that identify you as part of babylon the great whore, ready to be annihilated at Armageddon

2. Mistakes that don't matter because they're made by fallible men

Now we have established this, let's invite CJW to tell us the difference between mistake number 1 and mistake number 2.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

This is Eggnogs evil twin, you won't get a straight answer out of either of 'em. Until they can be honest with themselves they can't possibly be honest with us lot.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Precisely, NewChapter. Understanding something of great complexity - like life, for example - can be analogous to perceiving a stone structure. Say the Great Pyramid. From a distance it looks like a single, solid stone, four sided geometric. It appears to be simple. But when you get up close to it you can see the great multitude of carefully masoned stones that make up the exterior of the structure and then it appears not to be simple but complex. And the more you study each individually masoned stone the more you perceive that there are other deliberately shaped stones beneath it that you cannot see yet must be there else the entire structure would fail and then you begin to just clue into the realisation that the structure is not only complex, it is exceedingly, astonishingly complex, almost incomprehensibly complex. And this is just a man made structure.

What the Watchtower does is analogous to helping people perceive the single, solid stone geometric and in so doing creates an illusion of understanding without perceiving even the first level of the true complexity involved. In order to understand more accurately would require a great deal of intellectual effort. It it much easier just to perceive the pyramid as simple. This is intellectual sloth.

I was wondering myself, OUTLAW, if this was Debator again. It all felt too familiar.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Nickolas..

It`s the same writing style without the spelling mistakes and the same avatar..

I`d bet ATJ`s left nut..concernedJW is Debator/Reniaa..

(Sorry ATJ..My Nuts are Too Valuable)

....................... ...OUTLAW

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Why do you have to muck up everything with the facts Nick?? The shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line. Why do you want to run off in a maze and peek around corners and revisit roads often travelled? Just use a bulldozer and bust through the walls! It's easier.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit