A concerned JW wrote "mistakes will happen."

by InterestedOne 225 Replies latest jw friends

• Concerned JW
    Concerned JW

Are you saying this topic is about listing JW mistakes? rather than my saying "mistakes will happen" that you quoted in the header? If that is the case I can add nothing further since that is my point! These mistakes proof nothing except that we are the imperfect people Jehovah says we are and they are not a valid attack on Jehovah's witnesses as Jehovah's chosen people.

Outlaw 1975 was the date for the 6000 creative days and I want you to show me one pre-75 publication saying it will be the actual date for Armageddon there is a difference!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I say jehovah made a mistake.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Concerned JW---what do you think of mistakes made by the Catholic Church? Maybe if I knew how you viewed THOSE mistakes I could better understand you.

NC

• sizemik
    sizemik
    So 1975 (as a date for Armageddon) wasn't announced as per requirement of your accusation.

"Does God's rest day parallel the time man has been on earth since his creation? Apparently so. ? In what year, then, would the first 6,000 years of man's existence and also the first 6,000 years of Gods rest day come to an end? The year 1975. ? It means that within a relatively few years we will witness the fulfilment of the remaining prophecies that have to do with the "time of the end"." Awake! 1966 October 8 pp.19-20

At the 1967 District Convention, Wisconsin Sheboygan District Overseer Brother Charles Sunutko presented the talk "Serving with Everlasting Life in View", making the following statement:

"Well now, as Jehovah's Witnesses, as runners, even though some of us have become a little weary, it almost seems as though Jehovah has provided meat in due season. Because he's held up before all of us, a new goal. A new year. Something to reach out for and it just seems it has given all of us so much more energy and power in this final burst of speed to the finish line. And that's the year 1975. Well, we don't have to guess what the year 1975 means if we read the Watchtower.And don't wait 'till 1975. The door is going to be shut before then. As one brother put it, "Stay alive to Seventy-Five""
      Believe what you want . . . but don't accuse me of not furnishing the proof . . . like I said . . . it's moronic.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Concerned JW..

You made a claim Now Back It Up..

Show us One WBT$ Article pre-1975..

That Warns JW`s "AGAINST" Promoting the Date 1975..

Just One..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

<----Waiting for CJw to pull a rabbit out of his hat or possibly his ear...no no his arse.

I think we need some thinking music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXGhvoekY44

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Concerned JW--it would do you good to research cognitive dissonance. When you hold an opinion, and a mountain of evidence is offered to refute that opinion, people often dismiss the evidence not the opinion. It is hard to be honest with ourselves. We will isolate ourselves from the dissenting evidence and surround ourselves only with people that hold that same opinion and likewise dismiss evidence. This all results in a self-supporting bubble. You never consider anything outside that bubble.

I could show you ABSOLUTE UNQUESTIONABLE PROOF, rock solid, a video of the GB laughing at the ignorance of the rank and file, and it would make absolutely NO IMPACT on your opinion. Debate is futile. You need to study this phenomena and get a handle on it.

This is not hurting US, it is hurting YOU. The least you can do for yourself is take a look. Most of us here have suffered from such a split in our brain--we got over it. Give yourself a chance at happiness and openness. Honestly, none of us even knew how miserable we were until we left. You have no idea how that kind of brain suppression is suppressing your very person.

We are here if you want support in this journey. We encourage it. But if you just want to put the brain shackles back on US, then we pity you. We pity you because we know you are missing so very much, and you don't even know it. Remember, I was just like you once. I had no idea what a great life was waiting for me.

NC

• undercover
    undercover
    I have yet to hear one valid reason why any of these points invalidates Jehovah's witnesses as God's people.

If you wanna be a dumbass and accept JWs as God's chosen religion, then you go ahead live with your head stuck up your ass. You won't be alone. The world's full of stupid people. You'll fit right in with em.

But if you need one more reason, despite all the other reasons already presented (and I apologize if this has already been brought up - I haven't read the entire thread), here ya go:

For decades the WTS proclaimed...as God's promise, no less, that the generation that witnessed the events of 1914 would not die before "the end".

Guess what. They were wrong. If one lived any portion of their life expecting the end before this generation passed, they did so at the behest of this organization... the organization that has since reneged on that promise and has played a shell game with the meaning ever since.

You need a reason? There ya go...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Outlaw 1975 was the date for the 6000 creative days and I want you to show me one pre-75 publication
    saying it will be the actual date for Armageddon there is a difference!.....ConcernedJW

I made no such claim unless you can prove otherwise..

Show all the Readers on JWN where I said

"The WBT$ said the Actual Date of Armageddon would be 1975.."

Now you have "Two Claims" to Back up..

Can you Back up Your Claims..

Or..

Are you just another JW BullShit Artist?

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• sizemik
    sizemik

"Does God's rest day parallel the time man has been on earth since his creation? Apparently so. ? In what year, then, would the first 6,000 years of man's existence and also the first 6,000 years of Gods rest day come to an end? The year 1975. ? It means that within a relatively few years we will witness the fulfilment of the remaining prophecies that have to do with the "time of the end"." Awake! 1966 October 8 pp.19-20

OK . . . so the word "Armageddon" does not appear in the above quote . . . so tell me . . . what is this Awake saying to you? Read it S L O W L Y now . . . and then explain it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit