A concerned JW wrote "mistakes will happen."

by InterestedOne 225 Replies latest jw friends

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

What isn't missing from Jehovah's Witnesses is that they do have Jehovah's truth to a degree that makes other religions look hopelessly archaic and blinkered in comparison.

Ahhhh, says the WT Apologist who correlates the Mosaic Law's stance on eating blood like savage animals, to the administration of blood transfusions which saves people's lives........

Ahhhh, says the WT Apologist who supports the two witness theory as reason for JWs to brush off allegations of pedophilia and neglect letting the proper authorities investigate such matters.........

Ahhh, says the WT Apologist who feels that women wearing nice pants suits at the meeting goes against the instruction in the Bible condemning men for dressing like women, and vice versa............

Ahhh, says the WT Apologist who thinks its appropriate that new ones not get baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but rather get baptized recognizing that the WT is God's spirit directed organization.....

Ahhh, says the WT apologist who thinks Jesus when speaking on this generation, meant something over 2000 years after the fact, and will accept the multiple changes the WT has had on this teaching, which if I'm not mistaken is up to 8 different changes...........

There's more but, it probably doesn't matter.......

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

It doesn't matter George. It's kind of fun, but we won't cause minds to think here. CJW will completely dismiss everything you had to say. CJW needs to read about cognitive dissonance---but I suspect it will not. I'm not sure what it hopes to accomplish.

NC

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Concerned JW wrote:

Are you saying this topic is about listing JW mistakes? rather than my saying "mistakes will happen" that you quoted in the header? If that is the case I can add nothing further since that is my point!

The topic is the question I asked in the original post which was:

Concerned JW, if mistakes will happen, I was wondering what mistakes you feel the JW organization is currently making? Can you name even one?

Yes, I am asking you to be more specific than saying "mistakes will happen," and please tell me what mistakes you feel the JW organization is currently making. By "currently," I mean at this very moment. I would like to know if you can name even one mistake you believe the JW organization is making at this moment. Or make a list if you can think of more than one.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    They are only current understandings on bible prophecy.

What, no one picked up on this one then?

OK I will then, ...you do understand the IRONY of this statement don't you?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    ConcernedJW: the articles you quote make the same point that I do concluding that certain prophecies maybe fulfilled is not a sin it is the type of mistakes/errors that are expected to happen and would need refining and do get refined constantly. They are only current understandings on bible prophecy.

Your biases don't want you to see the double standard. Why the inconsistency?

If you're going to condemn a religion on a particular basis, apply it to ALL of them consistently, even your own. If you're going to excuse a religion on a particular basis, then they should all get the benefit of the same excuse. So which will it be? Condemn or excuse those who fail to accurately predict Bible prophecy?

PICK ONE

"True, there have been those in times past who predicted an "end to the world," even announcing a specific date..... Yet nothing happened. The "end" did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? ? Missing was the full measure of evidence required in fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Missing from such people were God's truths and the evidence that he was guiding and using them." ***Awake! 1968 Oct. 8 p.23 - A Time to Lift Up Your Head in Confident Hope***

"It is easy for the established churches of Christendom and other people to criticize Jehovah’s Witnesses because their publications have, at times, stated that certain things could take place on certain dates. But is not such line of action in harmony with Christ’s injunction to “keep on the watch”?" *** w84 12/1 18 Keep Ready! ***

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

What, no one picked up on this one then?

OK I will then, ...you do understand the IRONY of this statement don't you?

Truth equals current understanding when it comes to what the WT teaches JWs. The same does not apply to other denominations. When other denominations adjust doctrines or understanding of scripture, it shows how unstable they are, and how they lack Jehovah's spirit annointed direction.

• Concerned JW
    Concerned JW

So far it has been agreed that mistakes can happen among God's people.

That Jehovah's witnesses didn't set 1975 as the date for Armageddon.

Noroomforgeorge brings some new points. Blood law that didn't end with the dietary laws of the jews, Why? because it wasn't about diet but the point that blood belongs to God. Pedophilia is one you need to discuss with the Catholics. Being well dressed for worship to Jehovah is a bible principle. We go with whatever is the current best dress of the country we reside in, which is fair. Baptism is not a mantra or spell you repeat certain words but the Act itself done in the name of them hense why in Acts the words used only refer to Jesus in some of the baptisms yet clearly spirit power and Jehovah were involved. "Generation" is a bible prophecy which are only seen fully accurately on fulfillment. It's unrealistic to expect them to be perfectly understood until after they are fulfilled but we still have to use them. And none of these are biblical reasons why Jehovah's witnesses wouldn't be God's people they only reflect personal opinions of ex-Jws.

Other religions don't tend to change their doctrines or understandings they tend to avoid biblical refinement. Which is why they are still worshiping a centuries old roman/greco trinity God

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I once wondered why my father and brother couldn't see what I saw. I was no more intelligent than them. Then I started thinking about their high degree of integrity and it made me wonder if I was deficient somehow. But then it hit me... they have what they call "spiritual integrity" which forces them to block out anything that might harm their preconceived ideas. I realized the problem with spiritual integrity is that many people have it and, logically, they can't all be right if they belong to different religions.

What I sought was intellectual integrity...

Intellectual Integrity: Recognition of the need to be true to one's own thinking; to be consistent in the intellectual standards one applies; to hold one's self to the same rigorous standards of evidence and proof to which one holds one's antagonists; to practice what one advocates for others; and to honestly admit discrepancies and inconsistencies in one's own thought and action.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

ConcernedJW..

Are you going to Back Up Your Claims,or Not?..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• sizemik
    sizemik

Yeah I remember how it goes . . . WTS teaches "current truth" which supercedes "old truth" and will yeid to "future truth" and occasionally they teach "old truth" again as "current truth". So "old truth" is actually "future truth" in some circumstances, but only if it becomes "current truth" again. And that's the "truth", the "whole truth" and nothing but "the truth"

And occasionally mistakes get made too . . .

That's why it's called "the truth"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit