the global Noahic flood is truth

by undercover 90 Replies latest jw friends

• no one
    no one

unshackled, thank you for the invite on the video, but I'm on dial-up and would probably be dead and gone before it ever loaded.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Darth Frosty - Great videos - loved the Lot one!!!

• unshackled
    unshackled

Zid...yeah it never ceases to amaze the stuff you can find on YouTube. No limit to the astounding and absurd! Can't imagine trying to explain plate techtonics and continental drift to that character in the video.

no one...dialup? Bummer...yes videos would be a little slow. This website offers some great info (ironically called TruthSaves.com) click on the "The Flood Never Happened" section...
    http://truth-saves.com/chapter2.php?section=3

• no one
    no one

unshackled, thanks for the link. Read it. unshackled said, no one....based on your previous comment about kangaroos, ice core samples, glaciation, drift...you have a good list of things that they won't have answers for. Well, as undercover pointed out they'll try to rationalize, but it won't be logic. I'd like to comment on this briefly without hijacking the thread topic. The conversation with the 2 males got started by a knock on my door by a woman and a teenage female who made it clear with body english that she didn't want to be on my doorstep. She asked if I wanted the latest W&A mags. I was polite, thanked her and said no. She said, "Aren't you interested in the Bible?" I told her yes, but that the Bible had enough problems of its own for me without bringing in some other literature that tries to explain it. So, she asked for a for-instance. Trying to keep it simple and in the Gospels, I asked her why Mark had Christ being executed at the 3rd hour, but John had him standing before Pilate at the 6th hour. She said she would have to research it and get back to me, but if that was the only issue that I had with the Bible, it was no biggy. That didn't sit so well with me, so I asked her if God makes us break His own laws at times to accomplish His purpose. "NO". So, without pointing her to the specific scripture (and it is Num. 15:32-36), I commented how a man was stoned to death for gathering firewood on the Sabbath. Then I asked her to comment whether the Sabbath law had been broken with the account of the seige of Jerocho; how it was to be marched around by the Isrealites for seven consecutive days (one of those being a Sabbath day) before the city was destroyed. She said she'd have to get back to me. Then the two males arrived seven weeks later. Their answer to the Mark/John contradiction. "We don't know, but this does not diminish our belief in or respect for the Bible as the Word of God." So---I went off on them with a line of questions. Seven... how biblically prophetic.

• jam
    jam

How could the dove have plucked A fresh olive leaf from the tree

that, A week earlier had been totally submerged in water.

You think A local flood, makes more sense. The dove flew

over the hill, found land and there you go.

• cantleave
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

Deep research on the flood led to me leaving the org. I researched it as a full believer and I wanted more details. That's where the devil was! In those pesky details! I've written about this, but my AHA moment happened in the natural history museum while looking at a Mastadon. My entire world crumbled and was immediately rebuilt with this exciting new knowledge.

Been smooth sailing ever since.

NC

• redhare67
    redhare67

Find the answer to this----why do some people believe the Bible, while others don"t ?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

redhare, the answer is surely complex. There is no one answer. We could say fear, cognitive dissonance, ignorance, habit--whatever. But we can't say intelligence. Plenty of bible believers are quite intelligent. So there seems to be an emotional aspect. And yet a bible believer may say that other's lack faith.

It's a toughy.

NC

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Ouch.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit