the global Noahic flood is truth

by undercover 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Here is still an other link vith evidence:

http://www.youtube.com/sygnate#p/u/5/3PSZNYdfawQ

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

I agree. Comparing absurdity to absurdity is absurd.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Jesus's mention of the flood doesn't equate to a GLOBAL flood. no more than Roman writers mention of Rome ruling the world equate to global domination by short, hairy italians.

• sir82
    sir82
    It is true. Jesus confirmed it.

Slurp - bang - [overturn now-empty shot glass].

Next!

• steve2
    steve2

The Bible says so therefore it must be true. I'm afraid that is the level of debate you are likely to elicit with your query for proof.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Jan, get back to us when they find DNA samples from 100 million or so species of animals inside that....... whatever it is..... including penguins and polar bears.

Ron Wyatt Archaeological Research Fraud Documentation

http://www.tentmaker.org/WAR/

Noah's Ark, the Ark of the Covenant, and Ron Wyatt by Linda Gunderson

http://www.tccsa.tc/articles/wyatt.html

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Kosonen, I do hope you're joking. I watched the first video through and saw not one single shred of physical evidence presented. Just an interview of two breathless Believers describing an aerial photo of what looks like a manufactured mound of earth as Noah's Ark and the interviewer taking it all in as fact. Bollocks. I won't bother investing any time in the second video.

http://www.rejectionofpascalswager.net/flood.html#shipActually the story of Genesis is, even at first glance, absurd.

Noah's Ark: An Engineering Imposibility

First let us look at the ark built by Noah. Genesis 6:15 gives its measurements as 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide and 30 cubits high. The length of the cubit is based on the length of the human forearm and varies among the various ancient cultures. For instance, the Babylonian cubit was approximately 0.53 metres, the Roman cubit was about 0.44 metres while the Hebrew cubit was about 0.56 metres. Using the Hebrew cubit the ark would have measured 168 metres long, 28 metres wide and 17 metres high. There are two problems with this ark as described: it is both too big and too small at the same time.

• It is too big, because before the invention of steel, the wooden ark of Noah simply could not have been structurally sound and was thus unseaworthy. The longest wooden ship ever built (i.e. historically verified) was the USS Wyoming. This vessel, which was, at 110 meters long, a full 50% shorter than Noah’s ark, was found to be so unstable that it could only be used for short coastal hauls to avoid rough conditions further out in the sea. The huge structural stresses that developed in the USS Wyoming made the ship sag and, well, it leaked. Water thus had to be pumped out continuously to prevent the ship from sinking. Now, here we have Noah’s ark, built with wood, before the invention of steel and hydraulic pumps, undergoing the turbulent conditions of the flood unscathed. It is simply an engineering impossibility.

• It is too small, because there is simply not enough room for all the animals. There are extant today over 4,500 species of mammals, 6,000 species of reptiles, 8,600 species of birds and 3,000 species of amphibians. Each of these have many large members: elephants, camels, rhinoceros, hippopotamasus, giraffes, horses, donkeys, zebras, cattle, bison, tapirs, pigs, tigers, lions, jaguars, panthers, sea lions, walruses, crocodiles, alligators, giant turtles, Komodo dragon, snakes, ostriches, emus, falcons and giant salamanders. There are 23,000 species of fishes, many of which will not be able to survive the flood if not taken up into the ark. Each kilogram of fish require about a cubic meter of water to survive-this is simply to provide enough oxygen and provide space for swimming while sleeping and feeding. The volume of water required for the fishes alone would be larger than the ark.[4] And then there are the little creatures; there are about a million species of insects and 60,000 species of arachnids. How were these species stored in the ark?
  • undercover
    undercover

Sir82, we better re-stock the bar. It could be a long night...

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I agree. Comparing absurdity to absurdity is absurd.

How's your magic bullet doin'?

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Nickolas, I know you don't agree with much that I say but trust me, Jan Kosonen is dead-nuts serious about this, and anything else in the Book of Jewish Fables.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit