Samuel Herd a Murderer?

by Damn The Watchtower 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

Hello Gayle,

I agree all those on the Governing Body are responsible. I singled out Br. Herd because from what I am told he personally vacillates on this and therefore should be held to the fire for it.

• clarity
    clarity

Wow, it's great to hear from you!

Someone who was (is) an actual "servant".

Now you're speaking the language I'm very familiar with. Hope you keep on talking here. Those brothers that I remember from a long time ago, if they had "never died", would sound a lot like you I think.

The leaning tower of Pisa should be on the cover of the Watchtower magazine, that would represent more accurately what the leadership truly is.

Ha ha love this! Welcome Damn the Watchtower.

clarity

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Welcome DAMN THE WT - the 'leaning tower of Pisa' comment just about sums it up!

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

Hello Clarity,

Yes, I'm from the days when Kingdom Halls had windows, allowing the sunshine to come in. When to serve meant just that and when the air was electric, energy filled the hall and all was possible. Now, like the U.S. itself, we are degrading into something I don't understand and refuse to participate in. When I was young "moving forward" was important in the Society, today staying in place is the word of the day. And in those rare times when the Governing Body decides to "move forward" they do it so clumsily, so stupidly, that it cannot be called "moving forward" but rather only stumbling around. The generation teaching being one example of this.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Damn The WT, first off, welcome to the forum!

Question though, what is it that you want to see change in the organization other than the blood policy doctrine? I'm under the impression there's a lot more adding fuel to your fire other than Sam Herd's inaction on blood transfusions.

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

Hello No Room For George,

Forced refusal of blood transfusions is the most reprehensible, in my opinion, because it forces the friends to kill themselves or their young "adult" children. There are other problems with the Watchtower and those I will address in other posts.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Important question (to me, anyway). DtW, have you read "Crisis of Conscience"?

Also, welcome to JWN!

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Thanks for posting DTW!

Welcome you will find a lot of people who share your sentiments about the GB.

SIAM

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

Hello Mad Sweeney,

I met Raymond Franz years ago when he was on the Governing Body. A fine brother. I was sad to hear of his problems with the Governing Body and of his recent death. Yes, I've read his book, Crisis of Conscience. Here is my take on this, no organization, religion, government ect, is free from error or from those who lie and deceive. Ancient Israel had its share of bad kings and priests, early Christianity had its share of false brothers as well, all religions do, all governments and all secular organizations do as well. This is life, this is mankind.

The Amercan government is not free from wrongs and error but it is, in my opinion, among the best governments in the world though it is filled with error. I believe in Jehovah and in his Kingdom, I believe that God is not a Trinity nor do I believe in the immortal soul or in hellfire. I believe God's Kingdom will come. I believe we are living in times unknown to mankind's past. I believe that the earth is being ruined as it is referenced in the book of Revelation.

I also believe that the Watchtower will be corrected just as ancient Israel was corrected. And that this very forum is serving to help correct it.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hi and welcome.

So you believe the Watchtower is God's organization?

If so, that's one hell of a user name to pick!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit