Samuel Herd a Murderer?

by Damn The Watchtower 81 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I heard it through the grapevine.

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

Hello again Folks,

I apologize for disappearing so quickly yesterday. There is a posting limit and apparently I ran smack into it.

To clarify something about Samuel Herd, I don't believe he is a progressive but rather from what I've heard he is personally on the fence, he vasillates, with regard to the forced refusal of blood transfusions. I believe that a man who does not 100% believe in what he is teaching others and yet goes forward with it is more responsible than those who truly believe and teach that belief. What other Governing Body members persoanally believe on this issue I have no knowledge of though. A friend told me about Br. Herd and I chose to share what I believe is a reprehensible act, if what was said is correct.

A question was asked as to whether I believed Jehovah's Witnesses will be corrected before or after Armageddon. I believe the leadership will be corrected before Armageddon.

• AnneB
    AnneB

Wait 'til you figure out that Armageddon isn't what you've been taught.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Don't be too surprised that the WTS changes it's name in the near future.

The Generation twist is going to last only so long and of course there is their stupefied nonsensical blood doctrine.

Unfortunately the WTS has a way of hiding their doctrines that clearly show they're full of hot air, but every religion

has their own self assertive smoke and mirrors trick.

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

Hello Thetrueone,

What you said is true about religion but is it not also true that the same can be said with regard to governments and multi-national corporations and just about every large institution? The problem is less with religion than with the leaders of religion or governments or powerful institution.

What the Bible has, and is not allowed by the Watchtower leadership, is the hard criticism of those leaders of Israel who were going the wrong way. The Bible has public self-criticism. Today the press does that for the citizens of the U.S. but in Bible times it was those within the religious system who were appointed to step out somewhat and speak out against the wrongs committed by the leaders- Jeremiah being one of these hardy souls.

The Governing Body does not believe in self-criticism but rather in self-promotion. It is people like yourself, and others here, who stand in the place of those in ancient times who stood up and said what was true. I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and I count it a privilege to be among so many Jeremiah-like brothers and sisters here.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I second that. This is my congregation

• james_woods
    james_woods
    To clarify something about Samuel Herd, I don't believe he is a progressive but rather from what I've heard he is personally on the fence, he vasillates, with regard to the forced refusal of blood transfusions. I believe that a man who does not 100% believe in what he is teaching others and yet goes forward with it is more responsible than those who truly believe and teach that belief. What other Governing Body members persoanally believe on this issue I have no knowledge of though. A friend told me about Br. Herd and I chose to share what I believe is a reprehensible act, if what was said is correct.

DTW, I am much more cynical about the governing body than just having reservations about Herd's sincerity. I don't think even half of them truly believe all the contraversial doctrines - they are just stuck with going along with the traditions to keep their priviledged positions. Like Ray Franz said in CoC, more than half the GB voted to end the Malawi card issue, but a minority of hard-liners prevented it from reaching the 2/3 majority and so people continued getting raped, beaten, and killed over a meaningless 25c ID card.

I personally do not think that even half of JWs as a whole really believe that Armageddon will come in their lifetimes - regardless of what they publicly say for group approval. The Watchtower Society does not ACT as if it believes this either - continues to do long-term building projects, buying and selling property, and accumulating wealth from the rank & file.

This is a religion of hypocrites, run by a governing body of hypocrites.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

After so many years, do you plan on staying in, feeling that it is all you know, or "fading" as others have done?

How about your wife? Does she agree with your current stance?

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

Hello Quandry,

I have no plans to leave my faith. I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I am, though, no longer a member of the Watchtower Society. The former is a faith, the latter a corporate tool. My beloved wife died some years ago long before I came to recognize that the Governing Body, as a whole, is a mechanized body of men whose main purpose is the preservation of a system not the search for truth.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

A question was asked as to whether I believed Jehovah's Witnesses will be corrected before or after Armageddon. I believe the leadership will be corrected before Armageddon.

Thank you.

Next question, please.

Do you think Armageddon will happen during your lifetime? If so, why?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit