Samuel Herd a Murderer?

by Damn The Watchtower 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Damn The Watchtower writes:

"... the Governing Body, as a whole, is a mechanized body of men whose main purpose is the preservation of a system not the search for truth."

How sadly true that statement is. At this very moment Watchtower's Governing Body is working harder than ever, but the entire effort is toward maintaining.

So many faithrul persons have been run over by Watchtower's train. It saddens me to think of how many. In each case it was about sacrificing the one (or few) to maintain numbers.

Watchtower's Governing Body has no discernable interest in what is true or what can be proved true by sound thinking.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

Hello Leavingwt,

I am in my 70s. I have no direct line to Jehovah in that he speaks to me of things not even Jesus spoke of. I don't know when Armageddon will come. Furthermore the timing of Armageddon has no relevance in my life. What is important is whether or not I love my Father and my brother. All other things I leave in Jehovah's hands. The Governing Body causes a stumbling with Armageddon. Do we love Jehovah and our brother and preach the Kingdom because we are in fear of death or because we love? Death comes and it goes. Life remains and it remains with God and all who love.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Thank you for your insight and your experience DTW. You have a PM!

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

Hello RayPublisher,

Thank you for the PM. I was surprised to find that two other PMs were sent beside the one you sent but all have error messages. I was not able to read any.

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

"... the Governing Body, as a whole, is a mechanized body of men whose main purpose is the preservation of a system not the search for truth."

I think I have read on this forum something similar...

wantingtruth

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    What is important is whether or not I love my Father and my brother.

Sounds very positive, to me. I like it when people treat others well.

• willyloman
    willyloman

DtheW: Your first post is a doozy, thanks for coming aboard and starting what's become a fascinating discussion.

I was an elder for more than 20 years, my wife and children all pioneered. We were "serious" JWs. What we got for our faith (in the WT) and our "integrity" was the slow, sad realization that hypocrisy and corruption were running rampant throughout the organization. In good conscience, we had to leave. And all six of us did.

A poster, above, shared this scripture, which led me to a fresh realization:

19 They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us. But [they went out] that it might be shown up that not all are of our sort. 20 And YOU have an anointing from the holy one; all of YOU have knowledge. 21 I write YOU, not because YOU do not know the truth, but because YOU know it, and because no lie originates with the truth.22 Who is the liar if it is not the one that denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one that denies the Father and the Son.

As I read that, it dawned on me that we didn't leave them. They left us. I'm sure many here feel the same way, even though each one's journey is different and we've all come to be unique spiritually.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Thank you for the PM. I was surprised to find that two other PMs were sent beside the one you sent but all have error messages. I was not able to read any.

After you click on the PM and get the error, go to active topics, then go back to the PM page and open the PM again. It should open up without an error the second time you try.

• Diest
    Diest

I am enjoying Damn the Watchtower, but looks like he hit his posting limit again....

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Welcome DTW

you seem to have much insight and i enjoy your posts...

but you dogedly hold on to your notion that the JWs are still going to be the "truth" no matter what the coruption within. It cannot be. They are evil from the root to the leaf. While there are some good apples they are still poisonous non the less. They all perpetuate the evilness in their ways. Ignorance is not innocence.

Damn them all to hell.

They will be be 'corrected' alright, but not by this 'jehovah' character, rather by the world crushing them along with every other trouble making crock religion on this planet.

Oz... i guess i dont like them huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit