Samuel Herd a Murderer?

by Damn The Watchtower 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

Hello Aussie Oz,

Ahhh the Lone Ranger...I remember those days. I spent many years playing that part in the Watchtower as many brothers and sisters have as well.

Why do I remain? Let me first pose a question, is there any major religion that has never caused harm to anyone? Do governments cause harm at times? Do multinational corporations always do good? Are there large institutions that can claim the honor of never causing harm to anyone?

The problem is not religion or government etc, but actually mankind. Every religion is subject to the stupidity and the calamity that its leaders can cause or instigate. This is also true of all governments, all corporations, and all institutions.

Many Americans disagreed with President Bush when he sent young soldiers to Iraq and caused the deaths of thousands there for what many in the U.S. thought was an unlawful war. How many of those Americans left the U.S. over this? How many American parents who thought the war unlawful and who lost a son or daughter left the U.S. over it? The reasons are legion for not leaving I suppose. So are the reasons for remaining with the Witnesses. How many Americans are leaving the U.S. over the recent problems and the political stupidity that is occurring? How many Americans are leaving the U.S. because they see that their leaders are not always honest or even worthy of respect? They stay because they love and appreciate that this country is not only their home but that for all the problems it is still based on those principles they know are good and worthwhile.

I agree with most of the teachings in my faith. Most of those teachings cannot be found outside of the Witness faith. I know the leadership is faulty. I know they are just as faulty as many of the leaders of ancient Israel were, as many older Christian men of the first century were and as many leaders of the U.S. are. This is human, this is mankind. There is no leadership without fault, a sad but true reality.

Can I not disagree with my leaders while also loving my faith? Can I not feel that blood transfusions should be left to conscience and that shunning is unscriptural while also remaining in my faith? Jesus remained in his faith though he knew the wrongs. The wrongs are caused by men, men do not make our faith itself wrong. They only prove themselves wrong! We are each free to live according to our conscience. Whether we chose to remain or to leave we do what in our hearts we believe is right. There is no charge against such.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Openly disagreeing with the U.S. government is okay,,we are not kicked out of the country for disagreeing. We don't get any punishment, don't get marked or lose family and friends for doing so. Can't compare the same rights with the government as the same as the WTS. Kind of an apples and oranges thing. Jesus did openly disagree with the practices of his faith and introduced new remarkable considerations and attitudes, only to be killed by them.

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

I agree Gayle. I am against the shunning policy, I am also against putting friends out for merely disagreeing with the Governing Body. All those who have left, left for their own good reasons.

• jay88
    jay88

I agree with most of the teachings in my faith. Most of those teachings cannot be found outside of the Witness faith. I know the leadership is faulty. I know they are just as faulty as many of the leaders of ancient Israel were, as many older Christian men of the first century were and as many leaders of the U.S. are. This is human, this is mankind. There is no leadership without fault, a sad but true reality.

...............................................................................................

Do you realize what happens when you began to compare your religion to Ancient Israel or first Century Christianity?

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

Hello Jay88,

Is there a Christian faith that does not believe it is descended from the early Christians in some fashion? All Christian faiths claim to be a true representation of Christianity. Some claim to be the only true faith others have a more open mind but they all claim to be following Christ and his teachings.

• talesin
    talesin

Welcome to the board, DTW.

I have no plans to leave my faith. I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I am, though, no longer a member of the Watchtower Society.

Very interesting ... so,,, can you define what you mean by "Jehovah's Witnesses"?

What are you a witness to, and more importantly to me, do you still preach?

If you still go door-to-door, do you feel this is leading people to a false prophet (that is, the WTBTS and FDS)?

tal

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

Hello Talesin,

What do I mean by a Jehovah's Witness? A Jehovah's Witness is a Christian who believes Jesus when he said his Father was greater than he was and taught that we should pray to the Father and worship the Father as Abraham and Moses worshipped him, as the only One True God. A Jehovah's Witness is a Christian who believes Jesus died for our sins, that he is the true representation of his Father and that he is the image of the God who is the epitome of love. A Jehovah's Witness is a Christian who believes that the holy spirit is the power of God. A Jehovah's Witness is a Christian who believes that we are living in times peculiar to our age. A Jehovah's Witness is a Christian who believes that Jehovah has set a limit to the time he has given to men that they may do as they please on earth. A Jehovah's Witness is a Christian who believes the earth will be preserved and that mankind will live their lives to the full on it, whether they are resurrected or live through the times of trouble to come. A Jehovah's Witness is a religious Jew who follows the Christ.

Yes, I preach. Using only the Bible I preach and I am a witness to Jehovah God and Christ's Kingdom, the value of the Bible and the teachings of Christ. I do not conduct Bible studies nor do I go on return visits. As I said I am no longer a member of the Watchtower Society, I do not use their literature in field service, only at meetings.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

So what do you think of the Trinity, Damn The Watchtower? It's completely absurd, isn't it?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@DTW - I have thought about this notion many times, of being a Witness for Jehovah as it says in Isaiah 43:10-12 but not being a member of the WT Organization. The only problem I can see is that at some point the divergence could be so great that a person may be closer to a non denomiational church.

If we start putting strict rules on what a "real" JW believes and what a follower of the WTO believes, we risk becoming the thing we despise. Why not just allow each Christian Witness to study and pray and decide for himself how he serves our Heavenly Father and his King Christ?

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

No Room For George,

I'm not one to throw stones when my house is made of glass. I do not believe in the Trinity but to believe or not to believe in the Trinity is an individual choice that I have no right to criticize. While I preach no Trinity, I leave to others to preach what they believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit