Samuel Herd a Murderer?

by Damn The Watchtower 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

Hello Mickey Mouse,

No, I don't believe the Watchtower is God's "organization". Don't equate my agreement with them on the basics with agreement on all things. If that were so I would not be posting here!

• jay88
    jay88

DTW- To you belief that 1914 was the year "Jesus" started ruling?

jay,

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

Hello Jay88,

I believe 1914 was a marked year but I do not believe Jesus started ruling invisibly in 1914. The invisible presence teaching was an outgrowth of the failed prophecies of the 19th century. I believe when Jesus arrives his disciples will for certain know and then the whole world will know as well.

• snowbird
    snowbird

DTW, I like you more with each passing post.

Syl

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul
    I met Raymond Franz years ago when he was on the Governing Body. A fine brother. I was sad to hear of his problems with the Governing Body and of his recent death. Yes, I've read his book, Crisis of Conscience. Here is my take on this, no organization, religion, government ect, is free from error or from those who lie and deceive. Ancient Israel had its share of bad kings and priests, early Christianity had its share of false brothers as well, all religions do, all governments and all secular organizations do as well. This is life, this is mankind.

Interesting. Seems like you could apply this to defend the Watchtower on the blood issue, but you're against it.

I don't get it.

• jay88
    jay88

Forgive me for the improper greeting,...Welcome!

..................................................................................

Don't equate my agreement with them on the basics with agreement on all things.

Since 1914 is a basic teaching of JW's then by basics you mean the Christian Faith? just curious,....

• Damn The Watchtower
    Damn The Watchtower

NomadSoul,

Why defend error? The Watchtower forces the friends to kill themselves. How much better it would be if it was left to conscience rather than Watchtower Law!

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

DTW - Welcome! It sounds like you have observed a lot over the years and just could not take it anymore. Your experience will add much to this board. I look forward to your observations about the WT. If folks like you are seeing the light the WTSBS in SERIOUS trouble.

I agree with you regarding the current GB. I was at Bethel when the Old Skool GB was around. While I don't agree with everything the Old GB did they were visionary and they did LEAD. There was clear LEADERSHIP, even if you did not like it. There is NO LEADERSHIP today at the top or in the congregations. Most elders are too afraid to act lest they do something wrong and get reprimanded.

The publications have been dumbed down to the point that it became painful to even read them. When was the last time anyone attempted to write a verse by verse book explaing bible prophecy? Its been at least 10 years or more. If they print a NWT in Simplified English that will say it all.

Again welcome! I will be looking for your threads!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

I also believe that the Watchtower will be corrected just as ancient Israel was corrected.

In your opinion, will WT will be corrected before or after Armageddon?

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

I also believe that the Watchtower will be corrected just as ancient Israel was corrected.

welcome , DTW !

I also believe that the WT will be corrected just as ancient Israel was corrected when Jesus came at them !

They did not received Him, so they (as nation ) were abandoned ! >> the same with WT and its GB !

11 He came unto his own, and they that were his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he the right to become children of God, even to them that believe on his name:

So , to them ( the remnant of the members of WT that are/will flee out of WT and) that will listen to Him (Matt 17:5) He is giving the right to become children of God

wantingtruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit