Samuel Herd a Murderer?

by Damn The Watchtower 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome to the forum!

• kazar
    kazar

Welcome! You've really aroused my curiosity. Looking forward to your future posts.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Damn The Watchtower,

I hear you brother. Amen.

If there’s any way I can help please let me know.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Welcome, DTW.

Interesting that you mention Sam Herd as a possible progressive GB member. Being the only Afro-American member, brother Herd may have more power on the GB than he realizes. If he took a strong stand for reforming the blood doctrine, I doubt the reactionary lilly white GB members could remove him as easily as they did Ray Franz without creating bad publicity for the Watchtower inside and outside the Organization.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN! When people like you who have been baptized for 60 years learn the truth about the "truth", it renews my hope that my mom will someday do the same.

• wobble
    wobble

Big Welcome DTW !

I was born in, in 1950, and stayed in till 2008, so I guess I am only a little younger than you, of the same over-lapping generation (Tee Hee), and share many of your experiences, though I have always been in the U.K

When I first joined this forum I was of a very similar mind to you, I will be interested as time goes on, to see where your spiritual journey takes you.

I detect that you are a man who, like me, has a Bible trained conscience, something the WT talks about, but they do not really want you to have,they want you to have a WT trained conscience, one they can re-mould at any time to keep you following them.

May you find peace and happiness, and your loved ones along with you.

Welcome again.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Welcome

In one of your post you sound a lot like my husband where you said "I also believe that the Watchtower will be corrected just as ancient Israel was corrected."

My husband believes that this is still God's chosen religion and the Jehovah is allowing it to be tested.

I just cannot see it because of all the pain it has caused so many like with the blood issue and issue of the child abuse policy.

I like your posts though as you sound like you have a very good and sharp mind.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

LITS

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You sound like you've read "Jehovah Himself Has Become King" DtW. Your thoughts seem closely aligned with e-watchman's regarding the state of the Watchtower. If you haven't read it, you might like it.

I'd like to reiterate LeavingWT's question: do you think the Watchtower will be corrected by Jehovah before or after Armageddon? Feel free to add the rest of your current theological viewpoint if you like.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Welcome to the skirt of the Jew. I like you wanted to believe in it being God's organization I have come to this realization everything in Watchtower is in reverse. Every scripture or reasoning used to condemn others condemns Watchtower.

Babylon the Great sits on many waters and stems from false practices so does Watchtower. The blood of holy ones is in her cup. She is drunk with power. She rides the beast to legally establish the good news. We learned you cannot take old wineskins & put in new wine. By Watchtower origins stemming from their Father the Devil they have done the same thing.

Matthew 25: 41 “Then he will say, in turn, to those on his left, ‘Be on YOUR way from me, YOU who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels. 42 For I became hungry, but YOU gave me nothing to eat, and I got thirsty, but YOU gave me nothing to drink. 43 I was a stranger, but YOU did not receive me hospitably; naked, but YOU did not clothe me; sick and in prison, but YOU did not look after me.’ 44 Then they also will answer with the words, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them with the words, ‘Truly I say to YOU, To the extent that YOU did not do it to one of these least ones, YOU did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”

How have we all been treated? How many of us were looked after. Jesus said you had to do it to the least of these my brothers. All who exercise faith in Christ are brothers the least are the widows & orphans. The least are those who are like a child in their humility and trust for those who are supposed to care for them.

(Matthew 24:48-50) 48 “But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know. . .
    The end has not come and how are they treating the flock they are to care for. They are beating fellow slaves with the oral traditions and name calling eg."mentally imbalanced, complacency," Acting like Pharisees in saying no one else but they are granteds the gift of insight . They have become to eat w/ confirmed drunkards by setting up double standards and their use of the world. Adultresses making friends with the world.

18 Young children, it is the last hour, and, just as YOU have heard that antichrist is coming, even now there have come to be many antichrists; from which fact we gain the knowledge that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us. But [they went out] that it might be shown up that not all are of our sort. 20 And YOU have an anointing from the holy one; all of YOU have knowledge. 21 I write YOU, not because YOU do not know the truth, but because YOU know it, and because no lie originates with the truth.22 Who is the liar if it is not the one that denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one that denies the Father and the Son. 23 Everyone that denies the Son does not have the Father either. He that confesses the Son has the Father also.

The following of Russell & Rutherford is the Antichrist. During Knorr's time & now the emphasis on God's organization is the Antichrist. (Matthew 24:23-24) 23 “Then if anyone says to YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones.

Matthew 24:15 “Therefore, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,)

They are a disgusting thing standing in a holy place. They claim to be Figurative Israel God's means of blessing all people. Websites like this reveals their fruitage is rotten. All of us couldn't stand the stench.

The twisted reasoning in the scripture below is rampant in Watchtower doctrine. Fred Franz expanded on Russells teachings & came up with most of what JW doctrine centers on. Funny coincidence he went blind.

(Matthew 23:16-24) 16 “Woe to YOU, blind guides, who say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is under obligation.’ 17 Fools and blind ones! Which, in fact, is greater, the gold or the temple that has sanctified the gold? 18 Also, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is under obligation.’ 19 Blind ones! Which, in fact, is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? 20 Therefore he that swears by the altar is swearing by it and by all the things on it; 21 and he that swears by the temple is swearing by it and by him that is inhabiting it; 22 and he that swears by heaven is swearing by the throne of God and by him that is sitting on it. 23 “Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU give the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin, but YOU have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was binding to do, yet not to disregard the other things. 24 Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel!

• Violia
    Violia

welcome to the board.

This board can benefit from your first hand experiences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit